Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 5

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 5

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:39 am

Good morning,

Today we will meet up with my sister about noonish. It will be good to set down feet again for a few days. I have to say, the Interstate across the Florida Panhandle is nice traveling! It bypasses the big cities, great roadway, no hills to climb, huge rest areas. One even had almost 100 truck/RV parking spots. It was a nice travel day with good weather. Only 200 more miles to go.

BECCA - Brrrr.... cold and windy - I'd stay home, too, unless I HAD to go out. Congratulations on finishing the stocking! How long will it take to do the name? I figured you were joking when you said you would have Denise do it. Is it hard to do?

TINA - Ooh... sorry about the dirt storm. What a mess that would be to clean up! I hope it's not as bad as it sounded. Did you get the quilt finished up?

I've been told that we're having spaghetti tonite for supper. My DBIL is making it. I'm not sure if we eat outside, or in my sister's friend's house. Neither of our rigs is big enough for a group supper inside. In fact, we left two of our dining chairs at home. So I guess we will wait and be surprised. But I know it's spaghetti - my dbil's specialty.

What's your specialty going to be for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Jan 5

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 3:00 pm

Hi all!
Mary, your traveling weather and road sounds great, I'm glad. Yummy spaghetti, I've been wanting to make some but need to have more than 2 eating because I don't know how to make a "little" spaghetti 😅 😋
I didn't get the quilt done yesterday because I spent more time on the phone dealing with health insurance for 5 hours and then property insurance for at least another hour, I was a wreck after all that. Today was cleaning up the mess from the dirt storm and watching the kids, thankfully they helped do some dusting. I like the boys to dust down low and Jazmyne up top and between the 3 of them they did a great job! I vacuumed everything but the den and porch and Frankie did that.
I also made pizzas for us all for lunch.
Becca, I bet you're already finished with the name now, I think it went pretty fast but I bet you don't.
I'm going to see if I can work on the quilt after supper.
I'm making sloppy joes for supper, Dad will be here.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Fri Jan 05, 2024 5:49 pm

Hello everyone Another cold day here with ice coming tonight and tomorrow Hopefully it will warm enough to melt Today hi in 30s
Maryz Glad you have warm food waiting
Hope all the seats work out
Denise will do a neater job on name you have to count those little squares again each little stitch Hard on the eyes
I found one of my old labels I ordered years ago I’m glad I found one It says
Handmade with tender loving care by Grandma Wilson
Tina I could have done the name today but Denise said she would She knows you have to count those stitches
Sure sorry about the dust but glad your grands helped That’s great & good training too
I did my aerobics today then laundry then cleaned closets and cabinet turnstiles
Thought New Year was good time I have business to take care of but I don’t have to go out
Tina I hate having to do business over the phone Such a hassle and headache
I did my share when C.A. was living
I had banned fingers cole slaw whipped sweet potatoes baked beans
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Jan 05, 2024 6:08 pm

Tina, dealing with insurance sounds exhausting. Glad you had some helpers to clean.

Mary, hope you made it to your destination and are settled in for a while.

I drove home today. An easy drive. 5 hours door to door including stops. We had a good time hanging out and even sewing a bit. My friend used to live 15 minutes away. We sure miss hanging out. I'm sure we'll do it again soon.

When I got home I took the sheets, blankets and quilt off the bed. They were full of dog and cat hair.
The last load is in the washer now.

Dinner will be whatever I can find in the fridge.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”