Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Thurs, Jan 4

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Thurs, Jan 4

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Jan 04, 2024 2:38 am

Good morning

Another day, another 300 miles to go. We did, indeed, either run into the same rainstorm, towards the end of the day, or else it’s a second storm that found us. But we’ve had a lot of rain and I hear there’s more to come tomorrow. Good thing I’m a PNW girl. It’s like a little bit of home.

Irish, well, I sure hope your new med works. I know SHARONA has the same problem and has been talking about it a little bit on the sew in. Perhaps you two should compare notes. I think Judi, too, has A-fib. As for the little eagle How do you see him from the ground? We will be in Sebastian on the Atlantic coast, a little south of Cape Canaveral.

Tina, did you finally get all your house cleaning done? Are you back in the sewing room? How is dad adjusting to his new couch?

Lori, glad you had a nice drive. Did you cross at Hoover dam? Your day w/ your friend sounds fun. Glad you found some treasures in the quilt shop

Carol, I guess that’s kind of how I basically start most of my soups too, though, I never thought of actually making starters. I do, however, freeze extra broth, veggies, meats, and will toss them into soups. Bill loves homemade soups.

Becca, you are coming down to the wire on that stocking! Sometimes, that’s all the final push I need to get a project done. Just the thought of finishing it.

Our supper tonight is going to be bacon and eggs. It’s our last supper on the road before we join up with my sister.

What will you find on your plate tonight?

gershwin64

Re: Supper Club. Thurs, Jan 4

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:37 am

Good morning all 🌞
I thought I posted yesterday, guess not....
Mary, I did get my house cleaning done and wouldn't you know it, at 5am a dirt storm hit ugh I can smell the dirt in the house. I'm sitting in the dark so can't see it yet. Outside is zero visibility. I hope rain comes.
Dad loves his new loveseat! So do we, we took groceries over yesterday and visited for awhile, it was nice to be able to sit somewhere, his couch he had was like new but nobody could sit on it without being crippled up after. I think it sat too low or was too soft or maybe both.
Lori, your day sounds really fun, well except for the 5 hours of driving time.
Carol, I like to make soups too, but mine are usually in the Fall and Winter because of our high summer heat, for then I crave salads.....cold cold salads.
Irish, I'm so glad your sis is doing so good, now we just gotta get you all ready to rock and roll 🥰
Becca, I'm thinking you're at the end part of your stocking, I hope so it sounds labor intensive.
After the sun comes up I'll know what my day will hold since this dirt storm hit.
I was planning on finishing up a quilt in my sewing room and doing a couple errands in town but we'll see what happens.
Supper tonight will be.......hmmmmmm........ Not sure yet. I made philly steak and cheese last night.
Tina

Becca

Re: Supper Club. Thurs, Jan 4

Post by Becca » Thu Jan 04, 2024 9:26 am

Hello to all
It’s a Winter cold day here at 35 at noon
A winter storm is coming
I got my stocking complete except the name across top
I may let Denise do that That’s a joke She never does anything like that
I had planned to go on trip here but It’s good I didn’t It’s so cold to be out shopping or outside activities
Maryz Hope the rain let’s up I don’t enjoy traveling in it
Know you will enjoy your DS time
Tina Sure hope the dust didn’t get in your clean house Glad Dads loveseat works good for all
Lori Safe travels Enjoy yourself
Carol Have a great day
I choose egg salad In croissant fruit and soup I haven’t eaten in Dining Room in a Week plus I was gone too some
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”