Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 1st - NEW YEAR'S DAY!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Jan 1st - NEW YEAR'S DAY!

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Jan 01, 2024 4:56 am

Good morning and happy new year to you all!

We had a nice visit yesterday with the kids, celebrated Aut's birthday, and finally had to say our good-byes. I really wanted to take that baby with me, but I was "dissuaded". We celebrated NYE by dozing in our chairs and trying to sooth our freaked out sheltie because of all the fireworks going off in the neighborhood. Today, we hit the road for Houston where we'll see Cindy and Sue later this afternoon. Sue lives 20 min from our RV park there. It will be great to see them again.

CAROL - your plans for yesterday and your evening sounded great to me! In the early years of our nearly 32-yr marriage we spent NYE with our group of friends going out dancing and having breakfast before going home. But now we all prefer an evening just like you described - only we'd sleep through the movie! :lol:

TINA - that was so nice that Holly came and helped you with all those chores! I wish I had a Holly back home!

BECCA - I know you'll be glad to have that stocking done. It's a labor of love for sure. Isn't the toe almost to the end? I hope you find the energy for that final push!

LORI - It was hard to say good-bye but we're grateful for all the quality time we got to spend with our little girl. Where is your friend in AZ? We've been all over that state several times. My DSIL lives in Apache Junction and we have friends in Yuma, more near Prescott, plus Carole who used to be on the forum lives in Surprise.

As for supper - I have no idea what is planned if anything. Probably a restaurant. It will feel a little weird. We've been in near quarantine since Nov 2 and I don't think we've been in a restaurant since about last August.

What's for supper at your house?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Jan 1st - NEW YEAR'S DAY!

Post by Becca » Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:43 am

HappyNew Year to everyone
Hello It’s a cold windy January Day here Very typical for New Year
Maryz I know parting was sweet but sad too Maybe FaceTime will help
I was at Alex’s until
Late In Evening We used to celebrate with Friends but That’s all History
I don’t have plans for today Stay Inside for sure Iam just coughing so it will be rest day I had planned to go in a trip here Thursday but I’m sure I will cancel
I chose a Hotdog & Veggie. Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:05 am

Good morning all 🌞

And Happy New Year!!!! Hoping this New Year will be great for everyone!!

Mary, safe travels. Say Hi to Cindy and Sue for me and give them both good hugs from me 🫂

Becca, I hope your cough goes away soon, they can be so aggravating.

Lori, I stayed up till midnight, I barely could make it though. I was all ready to hit my pillow at the stroke of midnight and did at 12:02 because I texted the kids their Happy New Year's wishes and I immediately zonked out LOL

I've got corned beef thawing in the fridge and will put that in the crock pot in just a few minutes, it's Dad's night and he loves it too. Not sure yet what I'm making with it, probably cabbage, potatoes and then some raw veggies and dip.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:07 pm

Mary, glad you had a some good times with the family. I know they will miss you. My friend lives in the mountain area of Kingman. Looking forward to seeing her.

Tina, I don't even try to stay up. When I'm tired, I go to bed. I woke up to loud fireworks, but was able to fall right back to sleep.

Becca, hope you cough gets better soon.

I was able to get my dads groceries this morning. Then Jack took me for the 1st walk of 2024. I baked a bit more today. More cranberry orange bread to take with me, and some cookies for Bill.

Dinner will be enchiladas. I was going to order lasagna from our favorite Italian place, but it's closed.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”