Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Dec 31st - NEW YEAR'S EVE

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Dec 31st - NEW YEAR'S EVE

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 31, 2023 3:27 am

Good morning,

Today is our last day in Austin. We're going back to kids for pizza lunch, Aut's bd, and, sniffle, good-byes.
Yesterday was our last babysitting day. We gave Amara the framed 8x10 of us with her and she loved it! Big smiles! She kept patting Pop's face in the picture and then would pat his real face. He put it on the wall above her playpen, just out of her reach. She loved that and kept trying to reach it, of course. A & A laughed when they got home and saw it and thought it a great idea and promised lots of zooming and facetiming.

BECCA - are you still feeling a bit "punk"? Rest is good. How much longer do you think until the stocking is finished? Actually, I worded that wrong - I should ask how much more stitching time? I've let projects sit for 2 years before picking them up again! And yes, I think Amara's Dad is going to miss us most of all! He told us again yesterday that we dont' have to leave, that we are MVP's! Most Valuable Parents. But it's time. If he wants a full time babysitter, all they have to do is move to WA! The best way to insure our welcome next time is to leave them wanting more!

LORI - I hear ya on the OWL mess! I worked from my stash, too, and you're right - all those big pieces of fabric pulled just to cut one little piece. But it's still a fun project. Do I remember correctly - you started in March? Are you doing them randomly or in order?

So - pizza at the kids. We also bought a small cheesecake for Autumn's birthday and left it in their fridge for today. And we'll say our goodbyes and be back at the trailer before dark. I'm sure we'll still be full from lunch by suppertime so no cooking.

What are you having for your NYE supper?

Return to “Chit Chat”