Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 30th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 30th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 30, 2023 4:54 am

Good morning,

We are in mid-30's this morning but going nearly to 70* by afternoon. So it will be a nice day once the sun comes up.

Today is our last day of babysitting and it will be a shorter one - we are doing a couple errands of our own this morning - pick up groceries, and go find a picture frame. It's not a regular work day for Aut or Antonio but he wants to take advantage of our last days here and we're beyond happy to do it. But we won't get there until mid to late morning. And we're going to take advantage of their giant washer while we're there and do our sheets and jeans. We did regular clothes yesterday. We'll go back tomorrow for a pizza lunch with them and to celebrate Autumn's birthday. We took a picture yesterday of ourselves with Amara, sent it to CVS to be developed and enlarged. We're going to frame it and give it to her tomorrow in hopes that she won't completely forget us.

TINA - I understand you being worn out! You really ran a marathon and it takes a while to bounce back. Just rest for a while. It's an anxious time to take on new debt when you've been essentially debt free for a while. And I'm happy to hear Frankie is cardiac healthy! I hope your dad likes his new loveseat and finds it comfy. I have a hard time with furniture. I'm so short that funiture that fits me doesn't fit anyone else - and vice versa.

BECCA - I was pretty certain you were sober, but I thought it was kind of funny that my groggy eyes read that. :lol: I did do a quick re-read! lol! Sorry though, about your allergies. The little effect I'm getting here with their cedar trees (which are junipers about 25 feet tall) is starting to bother me. But our western red cedars at home - 150 feet tall - don't bother me at all. And they are all the same family but ours don't have the pollen like these do.

We got home early enough yesterday to cook our supper (eggs, bacon, hashbrowns) outside before it got too dark and cold. And we should be able to today, too. We're going to grill Yankee dip sandwiches w/ au jus. I'll make our salads this morning before we go off to 'work'.

Have you got a menu plan yet?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 30th

Post by Becca » Sat Dec 30, 2023 8:00 am

Hello everyone cloudy here with cold temps Snow again in hi Mtns
I won’t go out today I will rest Alex told me he was this way too for a couple weeks
I May work on stocking
Maryz You will surely miss that sweet baby
And Dad will miss you too
I choose grilled chicken breast and salads
Becca

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 30th

Post by zfatcat » Sat Dec 30, 2023 9:12 am

Good morning from rainy SoCal. I love it. There will be snow in the mountains too.

Becca, our local mountain are getting some snow too. When the storm clears out it will be gorgeous.

Mary, Enjoy your last day on the job. I know you have had a blast taking care of that cute little bundle of Joy. I hope she slept through the night for mom and dad. Breakfast is always a good choice for dinner.

Tina, It seems the older I get, it takes longer to recover from a lot of activities. Hope you get some energy back soon.

I've been busy with just stuff. I did work on my OWL yesterday. Pulling fabrics for September and October block. It makes a big mess in my sewing room. Lots of different fabrics for just little tiny pieces. It will be cute when it's finished. I will do some more today. No walking this morning, but it looks like it should clear up this afternoon. So Jack will take me out later.

Dinner will be grilled chicken and potatoes.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”