Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, December 29

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, December 29

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 29, 2023 3:16 am

Good morning,

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, it's off to 'work' we go . . . 🎶 We report this morning at 8:30. Antonio has an important call scheduled for 9am. He needs to get to his "office" (aka one of the little private study rooms at Autumn's library) early and get set up. They also asked us if we would like to sit tomorrow, too. (well, yeah!) Bill pruned limbs on Wed, mowed the lawn yesterday, and is going to fix their hot water heater (again) today. It needs a new thermostat. Our son-in-law is going to miss us! :D

CAROLE - congratulations on finishing your TW!! Your specialized quilting must be gorgeous! The drive from here to the Atlantic coast of FL (Sebastian, not far from Vero Beach) is roughly 1300 miles. We traded a week of our FL time for an extra week of Amara time so we will only be there 7-10 days, max. My sis has all kinds of plans for us, so I'm not sure it will be worth it to get out any of my sewing projects. But I'd like to do the January Lotto blocks, depending on what Valerie chooses. I might have to hunt up a fabric shop. Shucky darn.

BECCA - I hope you aren't coming down with anything, being tired and hoarse. You said you were slower yesterday. I was groggy this morning when I read your post and my sleepy eyes read you were "sober" yesterday. I did a double take on that! lol! But I'm going to assume that was true, also. :lol: It's almost cedar fever season here in Texas which is when the cedar pollen flies. I'm getting hoarse and junky from it myself. How did the painting class go?

I'm still thinking about supper tonite. It just might be breakfast. I have bacon, eggs, potatoes, & onions. It's just too chilly to cook outside by the time we get home from the kids so I'll be cooking inside. Since I only have 3 burners on a small stove, sometimes managing pans is challenging, especially if one is oversize. So I will probably use our toaster oven/air fryer for the bacon. And I have a microwave, too, to precook the potatoes for frying.

What sounds tasty to you tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, December 29

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:17 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I can't believe it's already time for you to be moving on. You all will miss each other.
Becca, I hope you're feeling better today.
Carol, so glad you got your TW quilt quilted.

Frankie's test results were all good, so maybe it's just the anxiety of going in debt buying our vehicle. Neither of us are very happy with interest rates and what things sell for these days.
I made turkey tacos last night and that's all of it.
Tonight needs to be new food, hmm what will I fix...... no clue but breakfast sure sounds like a good idea to me.
I guess I really wore myself out before and during Christmas, I've been really draggin plus not sleeping very well for a couple of nights.
I have to get the check books balanced and anything owed paid today, so that'll take up half my day. I also need to file some papers.
The furniture store is going to be taking Dad's old couch that is like new to Helping Hands to donate for him and he's not sure if he wants anything moved yet so we'll see how that goes. I'd just be moving small things and Frankie and Jazmyne would move anything big but the only thing big is his recliner and the new love seat type couch and they don't weigh that much and he uses slider things under his furniture so they can be moved easier.
Tina

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, December 29

Post by Becca » Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:52 am

Hello everyone cloudy and cold here They have snow in Franklin where I lived
It. Could come here too
Maryz I didn’t pro read my post Sorry I am just hoarse My allergies have been bad I’m going to closer shots like I did at Home
The class was fun it’s just for fun She’s not an artist It’s just to get people out
Yes I’m sober always
Tina I too agree on buying things You hope it’s last for life rof lol
I’m sure you wore yourself out before Christmas Just rest
I did the check book yesterday and my business is up to date
I choose baked potatoe cole slaw and peas
Becca
Will rest some today

Return to “Chit Chat”