Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:51 am

Good morning,

This week is going so fast. I can't believe it's already Thursday. Today and tomorrow are our last babysitting days. I'm not sure who is sadder about that - Antonio or us. :lol: He is loving being able to go to work with no interruptions. And we're loving having Babykins all to ourselves with no parental interruptions! Yesterday we created some photo ops with her. I posted a few of those pictures in our Christmas photos.

TINA - I think we all knew your Christmas quilts would be well loved! Have you started thinking about next year's gifts yet?? :lol: I hope the couch works out for your dad. And YOU are going to be rearranging his furniture? Or will you have "people" to do that at your direction? And I hope Frankie's tests all came out OK. . . ?

BECCA - What are you painting in your class right now? Our day yesterday turned out to be only 7 hours. We got cheated! :lol: Really, though, after 7 hours I was tired. She is getting to be a hefty chunk to lift. Last weight was 18+ pounds - same as our cat. I try not to lift him either! I so understand having to make yourself work on that stocking. I went through the same thing myself - it was a struggle to sit and force myself to stitch. But I finally did it. In a short 11 months! Whew! I'm here cheering you on!

Tonite we're going to have pasta. My version of Pesto. With garlic, walnuts, Parm, basil, & olive oil as a base. Sometimes that's it and sometimes I add one or more other things - black beans, sundried tomatoes, capers, black olives, pepperoni slices, etc. Whatever I have on hand and am in the mood for. I'll also make a salad.

What's for supper at your house?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 28th

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Dec 28, 2023 10:39 am

Good Morning,
I just finished quilting the Tennessee Waltz quilt I have been working on since early November! It took me more than twice as long as I expected it to take because of a lot of mistakes. I am so glad it has been finished well except for binding, hanging sleeve and label.

Maryz - Treasure this precious time with Amara. How long is the drive to Florida from where you are now? You brought a lot of projects. Hope you get to work on them a little in Florida.

Tina - Your quilts are beautiful! They will definitely be treasured. How are Frankie's test results? Hope you don't try moving the new couch.

Becca - I sometimes walk in the house when it is too cold, but this morning will be going to the gym. How was dinner with grandkids last night?

Dinner tonight will be Garden Vegetable Soup. I need to not eat so many cookies for a few days. We did finish the Turkey last night. So we need something "new".

Carol

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 28th

Post by Becca » Thu Dec 28, 2023 1:08 pm

Hello everyone a cold day here
I went shopping and did some errands
I was tired when I got back
I have been slower today Hoarseness &
Just not up to par
Maryz We painted a snowman & snowman and snow scene
Carl We always enjoy the kids
Glad you finished your TW