Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Christmas Day!

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Christmas Day!

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:24 am

Good morning and happy Christmas to you all!

We had a pretty neato day yesterday at the kids - our Italian supper was delicious - kind of a cross between lasagna and baked spaghetti. And a wonderful Italian bread. I took a salad and cookies and a few munchies. We opened a few presents and gave Amara her rocking horse. She was unsure at first but the second time we put her on it she got into the spirit of rocking. But her little feet don't touch the footrests yet, so it will be a while before she can ride it without a an assistant.

We're going back today and I have my breakfast casserole in the crockpot. I started it at 5:30 this morning so it should be about purrfect by the time we eat. My recipe says to cook for 10-12 hours. Well, I learned the hard way that was WAY too long! 6 or 7 will be plenty.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a day filled with everything you want it to be filled with - fun, food, family, friends, and even fur-folks!

Merry Christmas!🎄

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Christmas Day!

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 12:15 pm

Merry Christmas!

Hope everyone is enjoying the day with family. I made an apple pie this morning. I also made a berry cobbler. The berry portion was finished all I had to do was add the biscuit topping. Dinner will be at my brother's house. SIL is making ham and that is all I know we are having. I was just in charge of bringing pie specifically apple pie.

DH and I ate the breakfast casserole for breakfast with some fruit. We had a great time opening presents this morning. He asked for a couple of movies and I placed the DVDs inside t-shirts I gave him. He had fewer boxes but more presents - it was lots of fun.

Maryz - Glad you are getting to spend Amara's first Christmas with her. Glad to hear she likes the rocking horse.

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:08 pm

Mary, how fun for you to be spending Amara's 1st Christmas with her. I bet she loves all the sparkling lights.

Carol, berry cobbler sounds wonderful. I like almost anything with berries. Enjoy dinner with the family.

We went to the kids house last night and had dinner and opened presents. It was nice. This morning I took my favorite black lab for a walk. Then I made a baked rigatoni dish for my dad and brother for dinner.
I took it up there and my dad was very happy. I've been playing around in the sewing room, and will do a little embroidery this afternoon.

Dinner will be tortellini soup.

Merry Christmas my friends. Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Dec 25, 2023 5:51 pm

Hello everyone Merry Christmas to everyone Hope ur was a great day and family fun too
I spent the day with Alex’s family 21 in all Minus 5 who went to her family We go back next Sunday for their family
It was a feast with just about anything you can think of food wise
The ham was delicious We had about 7 desserts One DGDIL brought Carmel corn & I enjoyed that
Maryz Im sure that was a treat to see Amara on the horse Mine sure loved theirs
Great you got to share Christmas with them
Carol I love anything berry Apple isn’t my favorite but most love it
Lori I’m a berry fan too Any except Raspberry Sure Dad appreciates your food you prepare for them
It was a fun filled day we had Hope everyone enjoyed theirs
Happy New Year I’m thankful I got to go It would have been sad to be here
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”