Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Dec 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Dec 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:50 am

Good morning,

We are really on the countdown now. We are ready. Our gifts are all under Autumn's tree. I wanted to make cookies today but we realized our grocery order, with ingredients, is slated for 7pm pick-up, not 7am, like we were thinking. So hopefully I will have time to make cookies tomorrow.

We had a blast yesterday with the baby. I think we're teething so she was a little fussy at first, but a bath and clean diaper seemed to make her happy. Sometimes I feel like Autumn has left us her very best doll to play with - unsupervised. I dressed her up in a cute little dress, ala 60's style, that my sister gave her. And Bill styled her wispy little hair. Then we played a rousing game of Peek-a-boo which tired us all out!

Today we're going to clean the fridge/freezer and wash all our pet bedding. I'll probably finish my jigsaw puzzle. Feels strange not to be sewing on something, but on the other hand, it's nice to do other things, and not have to live around all my sewing set up in our small living space.

TINA - yay for finishing up the last of the quilts! Whew! I knew you could do it, but I wasn't sure YOU knew it! Bet you're feeling good to have that all done.

BECCA - sounds like if Frankie isn't walking by herself yet, she soon will be! It's an exciting time! When will you get to see her again? I think she is 2 weeks older than Amara isn't she? Amara wants to walk, but she's not quite ready - She's 8-1/2 mos now. I'm predicting 10 mos.

CAROL - you have such a nice holiday weekend planned. I kind of want to go with you to your brother's!
My favorite holiday meal is also turkey breast and mashed potatoes. But this year it's going to be Italian on Christmas Eve and brunch on Christmas Day. I often forget to add the tomatoes to my soups. Not sure why. Maybe subconciously I don't want them in my soup! :lol:

And speaking of soup - I have a large cooked chicken breast so I plan to shred it for a small pot of soup tonite. With lots of veggies and orzo.

What's the plan at your house for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sat, Dec 23

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:30 am

Good morning all 🌞
We've had rain off and on since yesterday evening, it's great! The dark heavy clouds are really moving fast out there right now and it started raining again, I love and appreciate it! Frankie got on his tractor yesterday and cleared off the front half of our 5 acres and it looks great! The rain is making it where no dust will blow so that's a double win.
Mary, sounds like bath time was a fun and happy time with Amara and her duckies. 😀
I have a pick up order at 11 this morning.
I'm so glad to be done with the quilts too! I was wondering if I could do it with all the set backs I had but yay they are done!!
Holly will be over later and the kids spent the night so we'll start baking, we all love doing this together.
I was just trying to remember what supper is going to be LOL I guess I better ask Holly because she's either making it or helping....I forget what we decided on now though. It'll be a surprise 😮 🫢 ☺️
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:09 am

Hello everyone sunny here now Supposed to be in hi 50s I got to take my walk outside yesterday It will be warmer today
Maryz Frankie was born March 28
Your time withAmara must be delightful
It’s like a baby doll unless they aren’t happy
Tina I’m so happy for you that all those quilts are completed Now you. Can relax and enjoy Christmas
I got my applesauce made and I’m baking my cake I will bake my pie tomorrow
I’m working on stocking too
I choose pork chop potato soup and baked apples. Becca
I choose

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Dec 23, 2023 9:26 am

Tina, I bet you are glad all those quilts are finally finished. I'll be joining you in the kitchen in a bit.

Becca, a walk outside is always better. Year ago we belonged to a gym. I would walk on the treadmill for 5 minutes and it would feel like 30. I absolutely hated it. I bundle up and walk outside in unless it's raining.
Then we wait for a break, because I don't like wet dogs. Even in Utah I would walk when in 30 degrees.
Just need to bundle up.

Mary, glad you are having a wonderful time with Miss Boots. Italian is what we always had for Christmas dinner.

Carol, enjoy time with your family.

Jack's been walked. Wrigley is still waiting on dad. He's a slow starter. I need to clean up and get some breakfast, then the baking begins. I also need to make a baked pasta dish for my dad and brother for Christmas dinner.

Not sure what we'll have for dinner.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Dec 23, 2023 4:09 pm

I baked 2 loaves of cranberry orange bread, my moms recipe, 1 large loaf and 8 mini loaves of banana walnut bread, a batch of peanut butter cookies, and a batch of chocolate chip with walnut cookies. Everything has been delivered to the neighbors. Time for a cup of coffee and a cookie.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:09 pm

Good Evening,

Dinner tonight was Barley Vegetable Soup and a dinner roll. Dessert was cookies!

Today I baked at least 30 of each kind of cookies: Chocolate Chip with Walnuts, Oatmeal with Raisins and Walnuts, Double chocolate Chip, Butter Pecan, Sugar Cookies (frosted with green icing and sprinkles) and Snickerdoodles. I made six plates with five of each kind on the plate. Then late afternoon we took three of them to neighbors. DH disagreed on giving next door because she bakes every day. I will give one to brother at Christmas dinner and we have some for us.

This evening I made a breakfast casserole for tomorrow morning and Christmas morning. It will help make the day go smoother if I don't cook our usual breakfast.

Tina - I am so glad you finished the quilts. I wish I had helper to do some of the baking. It must be fun, although I admit I had it down to a system using three baking sheets.

Lori - I know I will enjoy the time with family. I miss them.

Becca - I am looking forward to seeing my grandnephew on Christmas. He wasn't walking on his first birthday, but I am sure he will be walking now. It should be fun to watch him!

Maryz - Sounds like you are playing with a doll instead of babysitting! lol I know you are enjoying it. Sure you want to go to Florida? Glad you got a chance to clean everything.

Tomorrow I will make (turkey) dinner and hopefully have time to give everything a light dusting and floor sweeping.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”