Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 22, 2023 4:52 am

Good morning

Our weather here is warm - 60* - but rainy yesterday and cloudy today. More rain is forecast for the weekend. I was hoping for better weather for Christmas, but I guess this IS better - better than last year anyway when it was 15* for 4 days over Christmas! So, no whining, Mary!!

Yesterday I finished up the last blocks for my Farm. All the animals are in the barn and packed away for travel. I will assemble the top after we get home where I have more room to spread it all out. I mended Bill's jeans and the packed my machine up, too. Then we cleaned the trailer. I made a big crockpot of spaghetti sauce, read for a while, and worked park of a Christmas jigsaw puzzle. Then the kids picked us up for the evening at the light display at the wildflower preserve. It was a great day!

Today will be a great day, too! We get to spend it with our favorite granddaughter! Our babysitting days will be coming to an end soon, so we're capturing all the memories we can. I'm also taking a baked ziti and a salad for the kids for their supper, just because it's the kind of thing moms do. They may prefer to freeze it for a future meal since we're having Italian for Christmas Eve, but their choice.

CAROL - what a great gift for your gr nephew - college! And a sweet way to give it to him. If this is to be an annual gift, you should put the year on that little stocking and make a new stocking or ornament for presentation every year. Bugs!!! In your flour?? Double Ick!! I've never had that happen. I did freeze flour once because I stocked up on a big sale when there were grocery shortages, but maybe I should . . . We bought flour once less than a year ago. When we got it home, checked the Best By date and it was like 6 years past! Who knows how it is stored in warehouses! But there were no bugs.

TINA - Sorry #4 is giving you fits. I hope all got sorted out and you got it quilted yesterday. I imagine the kids suspected something was up with you locked in your sewing room all day. So, what does today hold for you?

BECCA - looks like all y'all had soup for supper last night! We almost did. We got back from the light display and were hungry. Bill was just going to open a can of Campbell's soup but we ended up with PB&J's instead. We were tired and it was easier. And we both were out at light displays last night. We're twins! I hope you enjoyed yours. Ours was nice - we walked throught the park and each display was different. But between you and me, our Zoolights at home are much more spectacular. Because of all the rain during the day yesterday many of the lights here were not working.

We were going to pick up a pizza on the way home tonite but since it's going to be our last warm-ish evening, we're going to grill chicken outside instead. Not sure what sides yet. We can get a pizza next week when the temps aren't conducive to outdoor cooking.

What's your supper plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 22nd

Post by Becca » Fri Dec 22, 2023 9:50 am

Hello everyone sunny here but rain is coming they said Maybe showers
Next week it’s to be warmer
I am glad your animals are stored away so all is calm I know someone who will miss that little girl Yesterday Denise sent a video of Frankie pushing one of those toys that they have to walk behind and push She was going fast so she may be walking while they are there
I got my correspondence done & walked the Hallss& did water aerobics
Maryz The lights I saw were really a show It’s at a Lake here owned by Hendersonville Parks & Recreation and they were really lite up big time
I choose BBQ chicken Cole slaw and mashed potatoes
Becca
I have never had bugs in flour I don’t know if Climate has any effect on it

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 11:42 am

Hi!
#5 is quilted! Binding with label after lunch!! I'll be back.....
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 2:42 pm

Good Afternoon,

I am working on my list of tasks. I just finished the cranberry sauce for Sunday's dinner. On Christmas Eve I will make a Turkey breast with mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, broccoli and a salad. Then we are going to my brother's family gathering on Christmas day and having ham. The presents are wrapped all that is left is for me to make pie and bake the cookies.

The laundry is almost finished, the bed is changed, bathrooms cleaned, and bedroom swept and dusted. We are in pretty good shape! I will need to do a bit of ironing.

Dinner will be Barley and Vegetable Soup. I forgot to put the tomatoes in last night and neither of us noticed.

Tina - A big Congratulations! Five quilts ready for gifts! Glad you don't have more grandchildren! lol

Becca - I had never had bugs in flour before either. Funny thing was yesterday in the newspaper was a letter to Dear Heloise saying to keep things in containers so you don't have to threw out food. The letter writer lived in Texas and had experienced throwing food out a couple of times before she finally bought containers.

Maryz - You are once again enjoying Amara. Nice of you to fix dinner too. You are the best babysitter!

Dinner will be Barley and Vegetable Soup with the Tomatoes added.

Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 22, 2023 5:23 pm

Hi all!
Mary, wow already to see blocks together, you get so much sewing accomplished even with babysitting. I love looking at Christmas lights, I how we go out tomorrow night.
Becca, I can picture you walking through the halls. Did I miss your for picture?
Carol, how nice to be all ready, I still need to do some baking and wrapping.
Jazmyne, Easton and Preston are starting the night tonight, their mommy has her annual Christmas party tonight. I'm just chillaxing this evening. I was so relieved to get those quilts done and I appreciate you all cheering me on!
We had soup for supper.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”