Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 18th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 18, 2023 3:22 am

Good morning,

What a sweet day we had yesterday! Amara wants to walk so badly. She exercises her little legs constantly. And we help! And the kids asked if we can stay another week! Hooray! Antonio tells us over and over that we are the best parents and grandparents ever! I know he's loving the free babysitting (as are we!) but it's still good to hear! So now we won't be leaving until early morning on New Years Day. We figure that's the best time to get out of Austin, through heavy highway construction, and across Houston. And now, we might even be able to see Cindy and Sue!

I had time to sew two pigs yesterday before we left for the A's. But with an extra week, I know I can get all the blocks finished so that crunch is over. I hate to pack up a project of this complexity for 6 weeks, and then try to get my concentration and momentum back. So I wanted to have the blocks done before we leave here. This week we babysit Mon, Tues, Wed, and Fri. I can sew Thurs. Sat, and Sun morning, if necessary, then start packing up my mess and my machine right after Christmas.

TINA, hooray for having all five tops completed! I'm not sure what a pocket label is but it sounds cool. Can you quilt one top a day?

BECCA - I'm so sorry to hear that you lost two friends. Loss is so hard, especially at the holidays. They do have a lot of things going on there to keep you busy! I'm sure it's looking festive with all the decorations. What did you put on your door? Are you working on that stocking?

LORI - a house-puttering day. I like it! I'm looking forward to a little puttering myself when I get my FF finished. I want to polish all the cabinets in this trailer. They get dusy fast.

We were going to grill chicken last night, but ended up talking to my sister and brother-in-law instead while sitting around our fake campfire. We had to tell them we'd be a week later that planned, joining them in FL. By then it was too dark to grill so we heated up leftover frozen soup (chicken rice). Tonite we'll grill our pork chops.

What are you doing for your supper?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 18th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 6:47 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, yay for another week with the A Team!! And you'll be able to finish your blocks, and maybe going to get to visit Sue and Cindy, I think you hit the Tribeca!!
I can usually get a quilt quilted in a day if it's simple meandering.

Becca, I'm so sorry you've lost friends, that's so hard especially around the holidays. Hugs 🫂

Well you know what my day holds, quilting. But today I get to add laundry to that too and during any down time I'll make another label or 2, they take 45 minutes but it's really hard for me to sit for that long, last night with me taking breaks from sitting I think I stretched it to almost an hour so I could get up and walk around, plus I was making banana nut bread last night and I made 5 loaves, 4 are in the freezer as gifts for Christmas I still need to make 2 more loaves before Christmas for gifts but I'm out of bananas so I'll need to get some and them get ripe.
I made penne pasta and garlic bread for a quick supper last night so tonight will be the chicken fried streaks and stuff and it's Dad's night tonight and he loves that meal.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:56 am

Hello everyone a sunny cold day here Mtns have snow We got wind & rain yesterday and wind today
I did my aerobics the did laps around Halls
Did my bike ride & weights
I am now working on stocking I will never promise another one Just too much little tiny graph to work from
I boiled my eggs for Church tomorrow I will add fruit tray
Maryz Yippee for another week with cutie pie and finish your project too
Yes the stocking drags on I have to push myself to work on it
Tina I hope your legs hold out for you to complete Al your projects I know they will be beautiful
The people in my Church are very loving and kind to others I got a gift from a family I don’t even know by name It’s hard learning people there and here
Thanks for the support and love on losing friends Three passed here last week
But it wasn’t as hard as remembering CAs passing which was Dec too Plus my Mom on the 5 th & 1 DB in 24 & one in the 25 th It’s not easy for lots who are missing loved ones
I choose fruit grilled chicken and mashed potatoes
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 18, 2023 4:29 pm

Tina, I bought some bananas last week so I can make banana bread to give away this week.
Glad you were able to get all your quilts finished.

Mary, Yay for another week with the A team. I bet that made you very happy.

Becca, I would have to make stockings earlier in the year. I try and have all my Christmas stuff done by November at the latest. I don't like to be rushed.

I did things for my dad this morning. Then dropped in on a friend. She picked me up some Cherry Almond tea from one of our favorite tea houses. Then I was playing around with different shapes to see how they looked sewn together. I like them, so I ordered the Accuquilt die to make borders with it.

It's coffee time now. Dinner will be leftover chili over baked potatoes.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”