Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 17th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 17th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:51 am

Good morning,

We are in upper 30's here this morning but supposed to be 70 degrees later today. Hopefully we can grill our dinner tonite. There's always a breeze, so depends on that. It's hard to keep the gas grill lit in a breeze.

Yesterday we cleaned the trailer, washed bedding, and even mopped floors. It looks pretty spiffy in here now. Then I spent the day sewing sunflowers for Fab Farm and finished cutting out the sheep. I thought I'd run out of sheep fabric last Friday when I was cutting, so put it all away, stewed on it for two days, and then realized I'd just cut out too many pieces! I had plenty of fabric! It pays to just walk away sometimes! So now the last 8 blocks (4 pigs and 4 sheep) are cut out and ready to sew.

Today we're watching Amara so her parents can go somewhere. We dont' know where. I'm not sure they know where yet. :lol: Just somewhere on their own for the first time since Amara came to town. I'm sure we'll get our babysitting schedule for the coming week today and they'll let us know if they want us to extend one more week. If they do, we have to let the park know.

I think I mentioned that about 10 days ago while walking the campground, I found a $100 bill on the ground. We turned it in at the office, no one came to claim it, and now we got it back! We're going to give it to Amara's piggy bank. Last year for Christmas, we gave the kids several $100 bills, wrapped around toy baby furniture - just a cute presentation of money to buy what they needed for the baby. And in all the wrapping, boxes, etc they lost one of the bills. Sometimes Karma isn't such a bad old girl after all!

TINA - congratulations on finishing the last top! Now the quilting starts! About how long does it take you to quilt one quilt? I think you said you bind by machine so bindings should go quickly. You can always add labels after present opening if necessary. You got this!

BECCA - that trolley ride sounds like a lot of fun! Was it an all day thing? And so do the other programs you're seeing this weekend. I would enjoy it all! You are right - our time here will end all too soon. Which is why, when Antonio started thinking about asking us to stay another week, we're up for it. He's checking his work schedule for babysitting needs. We hope to find out today what they want. I'm looking forward to FL, but I don't want to leave here either, so we're happy which ever way it goes.

LORI - the drive down the coast to the tea house (or to anywhere!) would be a pretty drive! A train ride would be fun, too. You always find such neat things to do - and then a Christmas party! I haven't been to a real Christmas party in many years. I know you had fun!

We're planning to grill pork chops tonight. I'm not sure what sides we'll have yet. Maybe mashed potatoes, gravy, and a salad.

What's the plan for your plate tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 17th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 17, 2023 8:31 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, glad they gave you the $100 bill to add to Amara's piggy bank. It does pay to step away from projects sometimes, glad you have enough fabric.
Yes, I do my bindings by machine, thankfully. And my labels will be pocket type so other than doing the embroidery machine they will be sewn on with the binding, a time saver in hoping.
I hate to zoom in and out but I've got to get back at it.
Supper will be chicken fried streaks, mashed potatoes and a veggie.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Dec 17, 2023 3:26 pm

Hello everyone cold day here with some rain With snow warnings Tuesday hi is to be 39 Single digits in night temperatures
Maryz The ride down Mtn lasted an Hr then hot chocolate and cookies in train car with Santa and Mrs Clause Then lots of train cars to go in plus 2 little trains for little kids Xander loved those
Here there’s concerts One this afternoon I went to one Friday night Party on Wednesday and one last Thursday You can go as much as you choose plus crafts to make if you like I prefer exercise mostly & some craft classes
I hope you get to stay the extra week there They grow up so fast
Tina You are burning the midnight oil I sure hope it goes quickly for you
Merry Christmas to all
Hope Daddis doing as good as possible
I
Lost one of my old neighbors yesterday She was such a dear friend Then I
Lost one here on Friday Another sweet lady
My DGS Caleb is still sick Drs sent him home from hospital ER on Monday I hope he soon turns around and get better
I had an early meal today Baked potato sweet potato apple bisque soup which was delicious and green beans
Becca
I went to Church the s morning It was the Chickens Christmas Program It was good

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Dec 17, 2023 7:36 pm

Becca, sounds like you've been quite busy as of late. Sorry you lost a friend. That's alway difficult.

Tina, hope you got the quilt finished.

Mary, you've made some real progress on the farm quilt. Lucky you to get the $100.00 bill back.

We had a fun time last night. Just puttered around the house today. Traced a few more designs on my embroidery project.

Dinner was order in pizza.

Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”