Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Dec 16, 2023 5:27 am

Good morning!

We aren't babysitting today so instead we're going to do some housecleaning and wash our sheets and duvet cover. "Someone" keeps leaving cat hair all over it. I'm also going to work on FF blocks (most of the 12 remaining blocks are cut out now) and we're going to get our grocery list organized for next curbside pick-up which will happen when we're ready for another gallon of milk. We go back to babysitting tomorrow morning about 10am so Amara's parents can go on a date. Their first time alone together since she was born. We're not sure yet how long we'll be gone so I guess Scottie will go with us. But I remember the first time Mike and I got away after our son was born. We missed him and his 3 yr old sister so much all we talked about was the kids and ended up going home early! :lol:

CAROL - Fun to be invited for Christmas dinner. So what kind of pie will you be taking? And what does your kitty think of the tree in the house? No, we most likely won't be swinging through Austin again on our way back from FL. If weather will cooperate, we hope to take a more northern route for a change of scenery, but even if we don't do that, we'll still be far north of the kids - and by then the smell of our barn will be beckoning us home! But we MAY be extending our stay here one more week so Antonio can finish some consulting jobs he is working on. He has dubbed us MVP's - most valuable parents! We babysit! :lol:

TINA - maybe Italian enchiladas would be good - you don't know unless you try them. Mexican lasagna is tasty. How was Preston's program last night? I'm sure adorable!! I love the little ones' programs!

LORI - your tea sounds nice. Debbie McComber used to have a wonderful tea and gift shop in Port Orchard (and a really nice yarn shop next door!). My sisters and I used to go there occasionally. But it's all gone now. But it was a purrfect place for tea parties like you and your group had. How many people were in your group?

Tonite's plan is to use up the last of our chili and make chili burgers. And I think I'll make a salad, too.

What's your plan?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, Dec 16th

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 7:12 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I'm glad you'll be extending your time there another week, get those extra snuggles in ❤️
I'm not sure yet about supper, probably burgers on the grill and a side or salad of some kind since I'm glued to my sewing machine.
The program last night was so cute! They sang and danced and drummed on buckets to about 8 different Christmas songs, we loved it!!
Sorry to be so fast but I'm on a mission, #5 has to be done early so I can put binding and label on #1 after and do the last binding and more labels. 🤞
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Dec 16, 2023 10:44 am

Mary, there are a few tea house around here. Our favorite is south about an hour drive, but the drive is partially along the coast so it worth it. We can also take the train down. Hope you get all the chores done so you can enjoy tomorrow with the little miss.

Tina, sounds like the Christmas show was a hit.

Italian enchiladas would be lasagna. Now that is something I like. I finished knitting a scarf last night. Don't know if I'll keep it or give it away. I got my table partially cleared. I got distracted by other things.
I might finish that today. Were going to a Christmas party tonight. So dinner will be there.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:33 pm

Hello everyone If I miss it’s because we have poor connection here
I spent the day with DGS & family It was a trolly ride with Santa and Mrs Clause down Mtn& back Xander loved it Bohdi slept thru it all
Tina Sure hope you get all the binding and labels done Our Childrens Program is in the morning at Church I love them
Carol Enjoy your Dinner with Friends
LoriEnjoy your teas I love them
Maryz Enjoy all your baby sitting It will end all too soon
I went to Concert on Thursday and a party on Friday Our Chorus has a program planned for tomorrow afternoon
I had hot dog broccoli and cauliflower
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat Dec 16, 2023 6:25 pm

Lori, enjoy your party! I always loved going to Christmas parties but my peeps moved away and the City doesn't send out invites to retirees anymore.
Becca, wow you have a very full and happy social life! Good for you! The trolley ride sounds amazing to me ❤️
I have#5 top finished and pics posted. I didn't get anymore done than that, I forgot queen size ones take me longer and wear me out more. I'm taking the rest of this evening off and will get back at it tomorrow with Elijah's and getting one loaded to quilt.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”