Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:48 am

Good morning,

I hope everyone had a great day yesterday. We did, though it was a long one. We babysat for 10 hours. Antonio was trying to finish writing a project for his consultant work so we agreed to power through. Baby was very good and pretty easy going, even though she was still working through slight reaction to her second Covid shot. We were pretty tired by the time we got home but Autumn had a few individual charcouterie boards left over from a big library board meeting and she brought them home to us to bring home for our dinner. So that was nice. No cooking! Fruits, nuts, cheeses, berries, meats, crackers, and the best ginger cookie I've ever eaten - and I don't really like ginger cookies that well. So that was our supper last night. I was glad I'd forgotten to take the chili out of the freezer! :D

Before we left for the kids yesterday morning, I got most of my FF Pigs cut out. Maybe I'll have time this morning to finish them. 🐽🐽🐽🐽

LORI - At home I buy the 2# blocks of Tillamook cheese at Costco, too, but our trailer fridge is only 8' total. So I can't keep different things on hand like I do at home. But I'll put a couple small pkgs of cheeses on the list for our next curbside grocery order. We can't just run to the store here to pick something up. So, what s your friendship group about? Was the tea yesterday your Christmas party?

TINA - did you get #4 finished yesterday? Are you saving all the quilting to do at once? That would kill my back. No, I don't make my own enchilada sauce. I tried it at home once and we both preferred the canned. I guess I don't have the right touch. And in the trailer, I don't have room to carry all the ingredients to cook much of anything from scratch. I make do with what I have on board. Maybe I should have used marinara sauce for my Italian cheese enchiladas. :lol: Some of our meals get kind of inventive.

So, unless another easy supper drops into our laps, tonite we'll heat up the frozen homemade chili I brought from home and have it over baked potatoes.

What sounds quick and easy to you?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, Dec 15th

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:29 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Sounds like you are having a wonderful time in Texas this year with lots of time with Amara. Will you stop back by on your way home from Florida? Yea for you to get the FF well underway too.

Tina - Yea for getting the quilts done! You have been on a quest to finish. Congratulations.

Becca - Decorating the doors sound like a nice project. I am sure it lifts everyone's spirits.

Lori - You are in party mode this week! We had the Guild Holiday party on Tuesday. It was lots of fun.

Yesterday I went to the gym then in the afternoon we polished the wood floors in living room. I had already cleaned windows, vacuumed furniture and dusted walls and furniture there. The room is now ready for the tree! I did get out Christmas quilts and a few other things. In the evening while dinner (Vegetable Soup) was heating I made Butter Pecan Cookies and after dinner made Snickerdoodles. I scooped both doughs and they are in freezer. Busy day!

Today I have a Dexa scan. I want to make a sugar cookie, fudge and peanut brittle and I really want to finish quilting the Tennessee Waltz. I am working on the stars. I am more than halfway done with the centers and still have the points to do. We all stay busy for sure!

Have a great day everyone!
Carol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:45 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, have another fun day! Stay away from those not so nice baby smells πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
I'm thinking I wouldn't like Italian enchiladas LOL
I posted #4 in photos but this morning was going to do binding but much to my surprise my numbers didn't jive.....πŸ€” come to find out I forgot to sew on my borders so I did that this morning. After breakfast I'll do the binding for it. My plan is to have them all done by Christmas but you know what happens to those "best laid plans", so I'm getting all the tops done and will have Matthew's and Elijah's totally done because they live out of town. If I happen to not get 1 done for the ones here at least I can give them the top or a one the binding or label isn't on and I can finish it the day after Christmas. I'm still hoping to get them all totally done though.
Carol, are you expecting a bunch at your house for Christmas? By the cookies you're planning on baking I'm guessing yes. Is the quilt your quilting for a gift for Christmas?
I gotta shoot so I can get back in here to sew. Only 1 top left!!
Supper supper....I have no idea. We have a Christmas program to go to tonight that Preston will be in and it's at supper time so I'll have to think on supper, maybe it'll be out....I have a free slam for my birthday coming at Denny's so maybe we'll do that.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 6:49 am

Tina - I plan on giving cookies to neighbors. I enjoy baking. The quilt is a gift, however not for Christmas. It will be in the Guild Show in February and afterward given to my nephew's girlfriend.

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 7:27 am

I'll come be your neighbor πŸ₯°
How fun!

Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:05 am

Tina, you made me laugh with that last comment. Enjoy the Christmas program.

Carol, I too make cookies to give to the neighbors. I also make cranberry bread, and banana bread. I enjoy baking, but I don't want to eat all those sweets. Just a few.

Mary, wow...10 hours is a long day. I bet you slept well last night. Nice that you got paid with dinner.
I'd go for that trade also. The tea party was with my quilting friendship group. It was very yummy.

I need to box up a few things to get in the mail today. Then some some laundry. I might even clear off my cutting table so I can see it. I received a kit I ordered back in October. They had some trouble getting some of the fabrics. It's the kit for Daylesford Quilt by Jen Kingwell, done with Jennifer Sampoo Ombres. The kit with backing and binding was $200.00 including tax and shipping. I thought it was a pretty good deal. I'll probably start that next year.

Dinner will be grilled chicken and potatoes with some type of veggie.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:45 am

Lori, LOL I think I belong on Mr Roger's or Daniel Tiger.... it's just an animated Mr Roger's.... I'm up on all the PBS kids programs πŸ˜‚πŸ€£
I'll have to look up your quilt kit 😍
I bake too and give away but I have no neighbors so my baking is part of gifts to family. I try to cut down but when you have a daughter and 3 grands that come over to help and they all have what they want to make figured out then it's a bakery explosion happening here πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜πŸ€©
It's lunch time so I'm taking a short break plus this one I'm working on is Jazmyne's and it's proving a tad difficult to work on with her in and out of my sewing room wanting to know what I'm doing LOL
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:53 pm

Now I have even more reason for baking. We have been invited to my brother's for Christmas dinner. A pie was requested and I will also take cookies! I have finished the center of the stars, changed thread colors and started on the points (five of twenty-five are done). I would like to sew a little more, but the tree needs decorating and cookie dough needs to be made so the quilt will probably wait until morning.

Dinner will be a green salad and farro.

Carol

Return to β€œChit Chat”