Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 14, 2023 2:32 am

Good morning,

Yesterday was a washout, weather-wise, with rain off and on, gloom, and chill. Today should be better. But it was purrfect sewing weather! I spent yesterday cutting out my FF Sunflowers. There are four each of two sizes - 6.5"x13.5" and 6.5"x16.5". I got them all cut out but only the short ones sewn. That took the entire day. I have the long ones, plus pigs and sheep to go. But not today. Today we're back to babysitting and we have to go early, be there by 0715. I think Amara got her second Covid shot yesterday so if she has any reaction, it might not be as fun a day as Tuesday was.

TINA - hooray! You are coming down the finish line with those quilts! I can't believe you are out of Christmas fabric! You can always make bindings from scraps. They pull in all the wonderful fabrics you've got in those quilts. The kids are going to be so happy with their gifts!

LORI - it's so nice of you to do those chores for your dad. Is your brother able to help with laundry or any other household chores? Do you you have any other siblings? And yes, the enchiladas made with string cheese were a little different, but they were still tasty. Since, while we're here, we do groceries only using curbside service, which can take a few days to get ingredients, I've been experimenting with whatever I happen to have on hand. But I'm putting Mexican blend cheese on my list for next time.

BECCA - welll, of course, Frankie loved you! From what I can see from here, what's not to love! :D How did you decorate your door? Crossing fingers you win the big prize!

Tonite, we're having chili over baked potatoes. I have homemade chili in the freezer that I brought from home. we'll top them with a little sour cream and cheddar cheese.

What supper ideas do you have cookin'?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 14th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:12 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, glad you liked your enchiladas.....I can't imagine making them with Italian cheese LOL I hope you make them with the Mexican blend cheese, I would think they'd be much better. Do you make your own red enchilada sauce? We do here, once we made it we never went back to canned.
I hope Amara isn't too fussy today from her vaccine.
Becca, Holly decorates her classroom door all the time, they have contests and she's won a couple times. Once she did a gingerbread house theme and it was the cutest and most realistic thing I'd ever seen sometime do, she won that year! The teachers are grouped together in the halls and they'll even do a them and join the hallway to their doors and it's the most awesome thing to walk through! I hope you win!
I'm hoping to finish #4 quilt top today and post a pic.
All the leftovers are gone hereso tonight's supper will be spicy chicken and salad.
Tina

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, Dec 14th

Post by zfatcat » Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:48 am

Mary, I buy the big blocks of Tillamook cheese from Costco, so I never run out of cheddar.
But I know you don't have the room in the trailer. Glad you were able to use the rainy day to your advantage. I know you are having a blast with the little miss today. Rolling on the floor. lol

Tina, I bet the hallways look wonderful with all the door decorated.

I've been doing a few chores around here. Jack and Wrigley took me for my walk this morning. Bill is playing golf again today. I need to pick up a few things from Target and then I'm going to tea this afternoon.
Part of our friendship group is meeting for Christmas tea. I've been working on my embroidery project a little each day. It's going to be really cute.

Don't know what dinner will be. Probably cereal. My tea is from 1:30-4. I doubt I'll be hungry for a big meal after that.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”