Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Dec 13th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, Dec 13th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:23 am

purrfect-lady wrote:
Wed Dec 13, 2023 5:14 am
Good morning,

We've warmed up 20 degrees since two mornings ago, but not going to get much warmer today - 56*, with possible rain. Still warmer than much of the nation though. My brother in North Pole reported 5 deg this morning with heavy snowfall. And only 3-1/2 min between sunrise and sunset. Here in TX we have 10 hr and 11 min.

Yesterday was fun babysitting! I read y'all talking about me rolling around on the floor with Babykins. You were so on the mark! lol! Image It was a fun day and I did take a little bit of fabric to try to cut during naptime, but naps don't last too long at their house, and Kitty Sunny wanted to poke his nose into everything. :lol: So I'm giving up on the idea of doing any quilting-related activities while watching Amara. I'm just going to sit and watch. :D 💗🥰

We are off today so I'm back to cutting/sewing on Fab Farm. I don't have very many sewing days left as I need to start packing it all up in about 11 days and most of those 11 days will be babysitting, which is what we came for! But I've got enough done now that I can easily finish this at home in time for her first birthday.

BECCA - you must be home again and already back into your busy groove. I know your visit with Denise and the incomparable Frankie was wonderful!

TINA - thanks for setting the table yesterday - but napkins? Really? Getting a little fancy aren't we?? Now they'll be always expecting them! Glad your trailer sold. Nice for the buyer and nice for you! What's your progress report on the quilts?

LORI - I was indeed rolling around on the floor yesterday, slacking my heart out! And you know, I can picture your Wrigley rolling around with us! Amara would love him!

Last night I made cheese enchiladas for us. They weren't the absolute most wonderful enchiladas in the world, but they worked OK with string cheese. We have leftovers for tonite, plus a salad.

What do you have going on for tonite?

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 6:52 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, what a wonderful pic of you and Amara rolling around on the floor being slackers 🥰❤️🥰❤️
3&1/2 minutes between sunrise and sunset! Wowzers!
You don't put napkins on the table every morning? No wonder I keep getting little stains on my shirts and I have a milk mustache so often 🤣😂 splanes a lot Lucy!🤣😂
I am so close to having the quilt tops done! You all will not believe this, I actually ran out of Christmas fabric! I had a very large tote that I couldn't even get the lid closed on! It's down to about 4 inches but no big cuts and I need 2 different fabrics of 2 yards each. I'm going to town this morning to get them. I should be totally done with tops by Friday or Saturday. I have 2 bindings left to make but I do have the fabric for those and will get them done while I'm washing the 2 new fabrics when I get home. I'll make the labels this weekend so they'll be ready too. Next week will be quilting, I should be totally finished by Christmas Eve and that's counting fitting baking in 🤞 I'll try to get pics posted too.
Supper tonight will probably be leftover veggie beef soup.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Dec 13, 2023 11:12 am

Mary, you look like you are having a grand ole time. And yes, Wrigley would absolutely love to roll around with you. Of course he would take up all the space, because he is a big boy. String cheese in enchiladas? Huh, I bet that was different.

Tina, you are getting through all those Christmas quilts. I made a top back in October, and it's still hanging around. I think it will get done for next year.

I've been doing some things for my dad today. Banking, Laundry, Bill paying. I need to get something to eat now. I have a dentist appointment at 1 for a cleaning.

Dinner will be chili.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Dec 13, 2023 1:16 pm

Hello everyone sunny but chilly at 51 the sun helps warm us
I got all my cards done and mailed I wasn’t going to but did I did a couple things to help others here You can always help others here
Maryz Yes Rolling on the floor can be special when a little one is close I sure enjoyed Frankie and she loved me I enjoyed our days together
I finished all my decorations They judge here your outside in Hall & at your door
I don’t expect to win
Tina Yippee for getting those quilts almost done That’s quite a feat
I too love my napkins lol
Lori Hope the DDS went ok
That’s so great how you help your Dad I have a friend here that her DS does all her business Ivtold her she should be very grateful If s a job that must be done and stay on top of it
IT’s family night so it will be good Denise made lots of my favorites while I was there
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Dec 13, 2023 7:46 pm

Thought I'd stop in and let you all know that I got the 3rd top pic posted, I'm hoping to be able to post #4 tomorrow 🤞
#3 gave me fits, I've never frogged so much in my life! Probably not the last 18 years added up would equal what I did with that one.
Lori, it's a good feeling to be able to help our dads out ❤️ 💙 💜
Becca, I'm so glad you had such a great visit 😊
We ended up at the bank for over an hour today but got that all taken care of. Found some great fabrics to finish #4 & #5 tops and ran a few other errands. Fabric is washed and another binding done.
You all have a great evening.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”