Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, December 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, December 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:40 am

Good chilly morning,

We had no wind damage in our campsite, but I see a few toppled shade canopies, chairs blown over, and some large outdoor mats and carpets blew into tangles. I spent the day inside, sewing cows and chickens. Today I will finish my chickens and cut out bees. I'm just sewing in the order they appear in the 46-page booklet. Tomorrow is babysitting so I won't get much, if anything done tomorrow.

LORI - Happy belated heavenly birthday to your mom. Your embroidery project is really sweet. I know you'll have fun with that. Will you cut all the figures apart when you are finished stitching and put them together in a small quilt?

TINA - dinner made for you one night, and out to a restuarant another night. It's good to be you! Where did you go and what did you have? Your family is so nice! When you say you went "to town", does that mean Deming or Cruces? At home "downtown" means Gig Harbor and "in town" means Tacoma. We go "up" to Seattle. (but try to avoid that as much as we can!!) Your water froze?? Brrrr..... We had to laugh when our friends, who have never been to NM, said they wanted to go there for winter warmth. Since you are next to AZ, they assumed you had nice warm winters! We laughed and then told them not so!!

BECCA - I'm so happy you are getting some quality time with your little Frankie! Your own little miracle! Do you get to hold her much? Is she starting to stand yet? So thankful that the tornado missed the church. I hope it missed everything. Trees down is bad enough. When are you going home?

Since we like to cook outside whenever we can, and today looks to be a decent outdoor cooking day, we're going to grill burgers. And do fries in the air fryer outside. I would make a salad, but I love lots of lettuce on my burger so that will be my salad.

Do you have a supper plan yet?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, December 11th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 11, 2023 7:47 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, you're really zooming through those farm animals! I bet it's purdy!
We went to town, Deming 6 miles away....Cruces is out of town cause it's 60 miles away.
We went to Denny's and I had the cob salad, I ate too much and I guess it made me sleepy....I could barely stay awake and gave up at 9:45 and went to take my bath and was in bed and out cold before the news ended, so I slept from about 10:20 till 6:10 this morning and only got up once to potty. I guess I was tired.
Yes it gets very cold here in the desert, you could freeze at night even in warm weather because of how the temps drop on the desert floor. We were in the teens again this morning brrrr 🥶
I'll be working on another quilt today, need to be kind of sneaky because Jazmyne is here, she took her finals last week because they're all college classes so she's on a different schedule than Holly and the boys. I need to have Frankie help me cut batting off the big new roll.
Supper might be soup of some kind, I need to think about it.
Tina

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, December 11th

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:25 pm

Tina, a good nights sleep is wonderful. Sounds like you had a nice dinner out.

Mary, how fun for you to get to have Amara time tomorrow. The embroidery project is all one piece. It says finished size will be 12 x 17. I'll probably put a small border on it and quilt it.

Becca, it's an embroidery project. They send me a pattern every day for 25 days. So it's what they call a stitch along. Then I'll make it into a small quilt.

It looks like cereal for dinner tonight.

Have a good evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”