Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 10th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 10th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 10, 2023 4:26 am

Good morning,

December is already a third gone with only 12 days until we start getting more daylight! I always love to celebrate that but my Alaskan brother loves it even more! It's a big deal there!

Yesterday was mini horses and Amara. I was testing out PHoto Image which hasn't been working for me for an entire week so I put a picture up in Photos. And suddenly it's now working again! Sometimes I get so frustrated with electronics! Anyway, now there is a picture if you'd like to see it. It was such a fun event that Aut's library puts on every year. After that we picked up our grocery order and then I spent the afternoon "working the herd" (sewing Fab Farm cows). I'll finish them today and start cutting out the next animal. I'm not sure yet what that will be - sheep, pigs, chickens, bees or sunflowers. We're going to be doing a lot of babysitting starting Tuesday so my sewing days will be limited. And we only have two more weeks here before I have to pack it all up.

TINA - maybe you can talk your massage therapist into even more massages than the three she said. You know, for experimentation and testing . . . :) I made your recipe last night. Thanks! Bill really liked it. We have enough left for tonite, too!

LORI - Did you get your embroidery project all organized and thread bought? It's going to be a fun project to do. We had quite a bit of wind last night. I'm waiting for daylight to see if it blew our yard flags away or toppled our large flagpole. Sounds like you and Tina had wind, too.

Tonite's supper is going to be leftover green chili quiche and I think I'll add some refried beans and a salad on the side.

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 10th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 7:29 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, Amara looks so cute petting the horse, love her little toes 😍
LOL I wish I could talk my massage lady into more free sessions but that's a long time for her to do free, they last right at 2 hours each. She does trade me a sciatic or whichever massage I want for so many free eggs though.
I'm glad you liked the recipe 😊 it's something that can be added to and fast and easy the way it is too.
I'm going with Holly into town today, she wants to go get wrapping paper and some stocking stuffers and then come here to wrap, she's been having deliveries sent here and my other sewing closet is full with them.
I'll be working on another quilt today and doing laundry.
Our water was frozen this morning but Frankie got it thawed pretty fast. We were in the upper teens.
Supper tonight is eating out somewhere. I get to choose but we really don't have many places to choose from and I don't want to go out of town. Dad always takes us out for our birthday supper but since Holly made mine on my birthday he is taking me out tonight. I'm thinking either Denny's or IHOP's, everything else closes early on Sunday and they're all Mexican food and I just don't have a hankering for Mexican food tonight. I bet I enjoy it no matter where 🥰
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:28 pm

Mary, yes, I did get my project started. I had 2 skeins of red DMC 817, and I had a FQ that I liked for the project too. Amara is so darn cute in her cowboy boots. Looks like she had a good time with the pony. I bet you were thrilled to see her after an entire week.

Tina, enjoy your dinner out. Nice that Holly made your birthday dinner. That way you get 2 nights off from the kitchen.

I've been working on my little embroidery patterns. The elf was #1 and the most involved pattern. The others should stitch up quickly. I'm trying to catch up. It's day 10 already. Yesterday would have been my mom birthday, so I took a dozen sterling silver roses over to her gravesite.

We didn't do spaghetti last night, so that's what's on the menu today. I grilled chicken, with rice and veggies last night instead.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:31 pm

here's a picture of the mini stitch quilt so far.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Dec 10, 2023 3:23 pm

Hello everyone We had a rainy day with Tornado touched down in Garner where Keith’s Church is located It didn’t hurt the Church but man trees down and homes damaged
We had a great time yesterday celebrating DGDs birthday They had a music Jam afterward at their home It was fun
Our little Frankie is so sweet and easy going
We had so much food yesterday Friday and today I will have to watch next week
Maryz Glad you are getting to enjoy Amara
Tina Would be great if she would do the massages for you
Lori I’m not understanding your mini stitch Is it for embroidery project you are doing
You always have such beautiful items
Have a great evening
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”