Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - THURSDAY, Dec 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - THURSDAY, Dec 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:42 am

Good morning,

We are 50*, going to 70* today. Not too shabby! 😎

I've gotten a good start on Fab Farm. I've gotten two 13x15" horse blocks finished and two more cut out and about 1/4 sewn. Today I plan to get them finished and maybe start cutting out the goats. But we're also going to do laundry. We have two laundry rooms here in the RV park, but trying to find them unoccupied can be challenging. We'll have 3 loads to do.

LORI - I do like this kit, but it was $175. On sale. It's a big chunk of $$ when I have a room full of fabric at home. But it is a treat to use a kit this time. This project calls for 36 different fabrics, though I suppose if I were pulling from my stash I could use fewer if I wanted . . . I hope we get to zoom with Amara and her parents frequently! Keepsake stuff can be hard to deal with. Can't let it go, but it just gets stored. I have a little bit of that but most of it burned up in our fire, so that took care of it once and for all. However, I don't recommend that as a way of purging.

CAROL - what are you making for your dessert contribution to your quild Christmas party? I'm sure I would love your bean soup, with or without ham. I'm not vegetarian, but I'm not a big meat eater so I use a lot of beans. Love them! Years ago I made about 2 dozen postcards for Aut's library. I fussy cut things from fabrics, made them to standard post card size, used a stiff, double-sided fusible pellon, and backed them all with muslin. I have a stamp that is an old fashioned postcard heading I used on the muslin side. Then I satin stitched around the edges. They turned out really cute. And went quickly.

BECCA - thank you for the update on Hadlee. Sounds like she is holding her own. Praying she has turned a corner by now. Helping kids to decorate cookies is fun. I did that a few years back at a similar event at Aut's library. (What a mess!! :lol: :lol: )

Well, Bill chose spaghetti last night and there wasn't a bit left over so it will be new food tonite. Perhaps the chili? Perhaps tacos? Chef's salad? I will have to discuss it with Mr. B to see what he's in the mood for.

And what are you in the mood for?

gershwin64

Re: THURSDAY, Dec 7th

Post by gershwin64 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:32 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, kits are nice but like you said, they are expensive.....but as a special treat I can see using one.
Becca, I'm still sending prayers 🙏🙏 I sure hope she gets better fast.
This is kind of a zoom through, I've been sewing and other things and my time has been limited a little. I'm going for a massage in about an hour, it's my second session with this new way. Last time I noticed that the back of my legs cramped terrible for about 2 days, we'll see if that happens again.
Mary, how on earth did you manage to make spaghetti for 2 people with no leftovers? That just doesn't happen here 🤣😂
Supper tonight will be red cheese enchiladas.
Tina

Becca

Re: THURSDAY, Dec 7th

Post by Becca » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:56 am

Hello everyone sunny here but cold with snow in the Mtns
Update on Hadlee As of last night she was a little better They thought a couple more days in Hospital But Brodee had a fever of 101 and a cough They was afraid he was getting it I sure pray not They have had a time with those little ones

I did have fun with kids They we’re not too messy Tablecloths we’re throw away so that helped I cleaned off stage where everything sat And any icing on floor
Denise said I was a big help I was glad to do it
With a busy week I didn’t say Estel Marty’s wife lost her DB on Tuesday He had surgery & got sepsis and died
Read but can’t comment on each one
We are so busy getting ready for the big day tomorrow Frankie’s arrival I just finished applesauce and we are making ginger cookies
Have a great day
Becca

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - THURSDAY, Dec 7th

Post by zfatcat » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:06 pm

Becca, sounds like you are having a wonderful time, and keeping busy.

Tina, I sure hope your legs don't cramp again. That doesn't sound like it worked very well. Maybe she'll try something different and it will help more.

Mary, I keep my eye out for kit sales. When I'm in Utah, I usually find good ones for about $100.00. I couldn't buy the fabric for that, so it's a good buy. Yeah, I don't think I want all my stuff to burn. Bill was an arson investigator for the last 12 years of his career. He can tell you where and how the fire started.
Crazy.

I did a few things around the house this morning. Then I went to visit a friend. Her husband had a stroke on Thanksgiving day. He's doing pretty good now. Still has to use a walker, but his speech is fine and just a little weakness in his left side. It's a whole new way of life for both of them right now. She's missing her sewing machine. Hopefully she'll get back to it soon.

I think we'll have leftover enchiladas. Tina mentioned them and that sounds good. Plus, I just need to heat them up.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”