Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Dec 6th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Dec 6th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Dec 06, 2023 4:47 am

Good morning,

I felt like I really slept in this morning and didnt get up until 4:50! My biorhythms are really off lately. I'm in a different time zone but you'd think I'd sleep later, not wake earlier.

I hope you saw my post about Hadlee over in Sew-In. BECCA is really worried and said she will keep us updated.

Yesterday was fun to sew again. I got a good start on Fab Farm, but have to say, I really missed little Kumquat. I finally had to text Dad to make sure she was getting all the kisses and snuggles she needed. lol! Like I needed to do that. He is the best hands-on dad I've seen since Autumn's own dad.

Bill will be back from Houston about 1 or 2 this afternoon, but until he gets home, I'll be working on my horses for FF. Then we'll probably take a walk together with Dog Boy and catch up on the last 30 hours. This is the first time we've been apart in over a month for longer than it takes to shower. I've missed him!

CAROL - glad you didn't have to frog as much as I thought you did. That wouldn't have been hardly any fun at all. And yes, I would have tossed that quilt into a closet and shut the door and maybe never opened it again! I hope it all goes smoothly for you now. I made a TN waltz in black, gold, and cream as a wedding gift for a friend. But the wedding never happened so I tucked the unfinished top away. Five years later my friend was diagnosed with M.S. so I finished the quilt and gave it to her then. She never knew it was supposed to be her wedding quilt. And then she became bed-ridden and her family moved her to Atlanta where she passed away soon after. I've wondered what happened to that quilt.

What's for supper? Hmmm..... I'm going to have to think about that. Maybe chili over a baked potato. I have two packages of homemade chili in the freezer. Or spaghetti. I have homemade sauce in the freezer, too. Bill will get home in plenty of time for him to make a choice.

Are y'all giving some thought to Christmas and/or Christmas Eve dinner? I have to talk to Aut, but we all love Italian, so I'm thinking of making lasagna or baked ziti. We will be at their house for both Christmas Eve and Christmas afternoon. Christmas will be our last day with them. :cry:

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Dec 6th

Post by zfatcat » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:48 am

Mary, sounds like you got a good start on the farm quilt. I do like kits because everything is included and it makes thing easy. I also like to pull my own fabrics to make the quilt my own. Bummer you'll have to miss a week with the cutie pie. Maybe you could Zoom one day.

Carol, bummer about having to take out the quilting. I have done a quilt 3/4 of the way done before because I didn't like the way it looked. It did some "time out" in the closet.

I've been cleaning and organizing. Through this next year I want to get rid of things I no longer need or use.
A lot of keepsake stuff that just sits in the closet or garage. I obviously don't need it, and the kids don't want it. So it needs to go. I'm trying to declutter my life. That means fabric too. I give a lot of it away on the free table at guild. Somebody else will love it.

Dinner will be tacos.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:43 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - The Navy Bean Soup without Ham was fantastic! We loved it! We also had cornbread. It was the last bit of Marie Callendar Organic Mix we had bought at Costco. I just made it into muffins.

Lori - I gave away some fabric that I had and the person who picked it up from the free table made a quilt and just loves it. I need to find more to give away too.

Next week is our Guild meeting and we are exchanging Post Cards. Yours truly hasn't made it yet and that is project of the day. I am going to make a Friendship Star Block (4" x 4"). The lady I am making it for lost her son this fall to a drug overdose. I wanted to make something so she knows she has friends. Also need to make cookies for dessert. The meal is catered, but to cut down costs the Board members have been asked to bring a dessert. I thought I would mix the dough and freeze for baking next Tuesday.

Dinner tonight will be that delicious Navy Bean Soup and Cornbread.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:51 am

Hello Just a quick runby Levi wrote me this morning I’m assuming She is the same The picture they put on of her she has an IV & Oxygen So different from her usual busy self
Denise is going to Churchvthis afternoon to decorate cookies with kids at Church then Dinner is served so I will help the kids do cookies
Hope everyone is well
Please remember little Hadlee Thank you for your prayers and support
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”