Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 5th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 5th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:05 am

Good morning,

I'm getting a late start this morning.

No babysitting today and in fact none for a whole week now. Bill just left for Houston and he'll be gone until tomorrow afternoon. When he comes back we will both need to do our 5-day quarantine again before going back to the A's. :cry: I'm going to miss our little girl, though we may be able to go to the library on Saturday for an outdoor event - mini-horses and cocoa. We can at least see her from 6-ft away because Mama wants to take her for that and told us we could come, too.

So, I'm on my own! And you know what that means - I can quilt!! I've already got my Fab Farm pattern and fabrics out, reading (it's a 46-page booklet!), and getting ready to start cutting. :D :D :D I love Hartman's patterns, but they do waste fabric. So I've learned to read carefully, so some extra math, and conserve fabric. I can see why she writes her patterns the way she does - for clarity. But I've done enough of them now, I can muddle them up all on my own! :lol:

TINA - I'm so happy that you finally got the car of your dreams! The color would have been a deal-breaker for us when we were shopping - we wanted red or vibrant blue (not dark blue!). As it happened, we also bought used so it was a one and only and it happened to be red. We counted that as an omen that we were supposed to have it. And good news that you were able to get a little sewing done on those quilts. How were you doing by end of business yesterday? If you don't get the quilts finished, Plan B can always be taking the kids on a ride in your new car to see Christmas lights on Christmas night! With homemade cookies and cocoa afterward - but NOT in your new car!

LORI - I'm sure you have lots of mixed feelings for your boy's new adventures. But at least he's put a sort of limit on his time in TX. Will you be going to visit at some point to see what and how he's doing? I wish him well! I think he'll have a good time with this adventure and hopefully give him enough profit to finance his next adventure!

CAROL - I forgot about the TN Waltz. It's such a pretty pattern! Can't believe you frogged quilting on 25 blocks! But I know it would have bothered me if it were my project and I would have done the same thing. Your candles are special now with those sweet little teeth marks. You can never burn them and will always have to save them. I remember when you lost your kitty. I always cry when anyone loses a pet. And I even feel bad using the word 'pet'. They are so much more! Let us know how that navy bean soup turns out. I love bean soup.

BECCA - I know you are off on your trip to Denise's and having fun with your own new little one! Kiss every one of those little pink toes!

Bill is going to be gone tonite so I think I'll just have a fried egg sandwich for my supper. And I think he'll have a Subway sandwich because it's just a half block from of his hotel in Houston.

What are you all having for your supper tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Dec 5th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:28 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Oh how nice to have a couple of days to yourself! You can sew the day away and eat whatever pleases you. I didn't frog but one complete block and three partial, then I found a fold in the back and had to do some more frogging to free it. I left the quilting alone for a couple of weeks (do you blame me?). All is good now, but I am busy with a few other things.

I went to Costco this morning to pick up my new Sunglasses. I really like them! Last year I got new ones and do not really like them at all. I also filled out a claim form for the glasses to be sent to Insurance Co. Costco does not accept the insurance so need to submit myself. After sending the wrong form yesterday I found the right one online. By the way when I called last week the insurance company told me the incorrect form. I need to go mail it.

Dinner tonight will be the Navy Bean Soup I started making.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”