Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 4th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 4th

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:43 am

Good morning,

We had an amazing day yesterday. But then, since we arrived here they have all been amazing days! No sewing is getting done but that's OK. :D Amara is teething but a little Tylenol helped there. And Antonio's old back injuries were giving him fits. But we still had a great day and we're going back this morning to babysit.

TINA - I'm so excited for you to have your new car finally! We looked it up on-line and it's really a nice car - and in the best of all car colors, too! Candy Cane Lane was an OK movie, but I think you made the wiser choice to watch Jingle all the Way. I haven't seen that one in years, but it was a good one. We gave our only copy away long ago when our VCR finally died. Did you try sewing yesterday?

CAROL - my mom always had an Advent wreath on a little table when I was still living at home. I did, too, until the littles came along and our home was just too small with too many small hands. I got out of the habit. Now our "Advent Home" is even tinier! So, what quilting are you doing?

BECCA - I know today is a hard day for you, though if you are like me, sometimes the days leading up to it are actually worse. So sending you a cyber hug, my friend. And I think you are off to Denise's today for a week and you'll get to meet your little Frankie at last! So there is joy in your day, too. God bless.

I think tonite we're going to have chicken rice soup. I have leftover rice, broth in the freezer, canned chicken, plenty of veggies. I think I"ll make it before we leave for the kids. I might put it in the crockpot outside or just reheat and simmer it for a while after we get home, which is usually about 2:30.

What is your plan for tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Dec 4th

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:08 am

Good morning all ๐ŸŒž
Mary, I'm so happy that your days are amazing, the best days ever!! Now I'm seeing you don't get as much sewing with being around Amara and that makes me feel better ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚ I did get a little sewing done yesterday, woohoo! We also delivered groceries to Dad and he got to check out my new ride. We stopped at Holly's on the way back so she could see it too. I've always wanted a red vehicle ๐Ÿ˜Š
I think we watched Jingle All the Way on Disney Plus but I'm not sure because I also have it and all my other Christmas movies on DVDs..... I even still have them on VHS and we still have a VCR player too in our den. I couldn't pass up having my Christmas movies on DVD, took me a few years but I made sure to add them to my movie library.
Carol, are you doing Christmas quilting or just regular?
Becca, how exciting to be going to Denise's for a whole week! I bet you are over the moon happy!
It was kinda cold and windy yesterday so we didn't get a pic taken but Jazmyne is going to take one today.
Supper last night was tacos so tonight I'll make meatloaf with everything.
Tina

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:26 am

Mary, I'm so glad you are getting to spend so much time with Amara and her parents.
I haven't sewn if over a week. I've been busy with other things.

Tina, how fun to have a new ride. I'll be picking up groceries for my dad today, and taking them up to him and my brother.

This weekend has been a busy one. Jonathan flew home from TX on Saturday. Then we had all the kids over last night for dinner. He's back on the road with the dogs this time. They are very happy to be going with him. He's headed to Northern UT to pick up the rest of his stuff. Then he'll be on his way to TX for good. The house needs a lot of work, but he's up to the task. He doesn't think he's going to stay there long.
Just fix up the house and sell it.

Today I'll clean up the room a bit. Then I need to get my dad's groceries. I don't think I'll do much. I've been busy cleaning, cooking and baking the last 3 days. I'm a little tired.

Dinner will be leftovers.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:33 am

Lori, your house is going to be quite now that the dogs left. It sure seems so much more busier right now than usual to me, I need a few extra hours in each day.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:31 pm

Good Evening,

Tina - It seems a lot busier right now to me too!! The quilt I am working on is for my nephew's girlfriend and will be in our show. It is a Tennessee Waltz pattern.

Maryz - I am still working on the same quilt. I was ripping out quilting and have just finished replacing the quilting on 25 of the 50 blocks. The other 25 are stars and not being quilted the same way and I have them started.
I must tell you I looked at the candles in the Advent Wreath last night and saw the teeth marks of our late cat. I don't put it out every year and do not burn the candles. Our last cat would get up on the table and chew candles. It was somewhat cute and did not hurt her. She was a wonderful cat and I miss her. Our present cat doesn't have bad habits that many cats have. She doesn't claw the toilet paper for instance.

Lori - You will miss Jonathan after having him around for the last couple of months. Hope you got a good walk!

Becca - ((Hugs)) for you today. You were a great wife for CA. You took very good care of him.

Dinner tonight was leftover Garden Vegetable Linguini, dinner roll and a salad. It was wonderful! Tomorrow I am making Navy Bean Soup with no ham. It is an experiment and hopefully we will like it.

Carol

Return to โ€œChit Chatโ€