Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 3rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 3rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Dec 03, 2023 2:42 am

Good morning,

I'm up early, as usual. I like early, but just once, I'd like to sleep clear to 0500. 🥱

Yesterday we cleaned the trailer, put up our tree, wrapped presents, and baked cookies. Bill played Christmas music and when we finally sat down we watched a Christmas movie (Candy Cane Lane with Eddie Murphy). It was a fun day. This morning, we're taking a bunch of snacks to the kids and going to decorate their tree. I can't wait to see Amara's eyes when she sees that!

BECCA - you're almost ready for your trip. We will miss you! I love poinsettias but I mostly use silk ones at home. Live ones are poisonous to cats. Today's silk flowers are very realistic and I use them a lot in the house and yard at home.

Our burgers and fries of last night morphed into rice with chicken in mushroom sauce. I found leftovers in the fridge that needed to be eaten. So tonite's supper will be the burgers.

What sounds good to you?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 3rd

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:36 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, your day sounds perfect today, you're going to have so much fun and Amara will be in awe of all the pretty lights and ornaments! Your yesterday sounds pretty awesome too! We started to watch Candy Cane Lane too but the vote went to Jingle All the Way.
Jazmyne, Easton and Preston came over yesterday evening, they wanted to see our new to us car. We ended up getting a 2018 GMC Acadia, crimson red outside and a very light beige with cocoa trim leather inside. She's soooooooo pretty! I'll need to take a training class to learn how to work all the bells and whistles and Frankie will just rely on me to operate it all 🤣😂 It was after dark last night after the paperwork was all signed and our salesman wanted to get a pic of us with it so that's our assignment today, Holly said she'd take it for us so I can send it to him.
I haven't been able to get anything done with the quilts with my toe hurting so much to not elevate it but I think I've finally turned that corner and it's feeling better. So today I'm going to give it a try.
Supper tonight will be either chili soup or meatloaf or tacos I'll decide later depending on how I feel after sewing.
Tina

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Dec 3rd

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:38 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Sounds like you are truly enjoying your time in Texas!

Tina - Hope your toe feels better. Enjoy your "new" car.

Dinner Friday morphed into Farro with Kale and squash. Last night I made the Garden Vegetable Linguini. It was wonderful! I cut all the vegetables at noon and put them in refrigerator. I felt like a TV personality placing the contents of the bowls into the hot oil. LOL Tonight I think we will finish off the Vegetable Soup. DH now has some ground turkey he can add to the soup. He added some to the Linguini last night too.

I have done a lot of quilting today. I put the Advent wreath on the table this morning before breakfast. We will get Christmas decorations out next week I think. I am working on Christmas cards too.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”