Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Nov 29th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Nov 29th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:34 am

Good morning,

Yesterday was a busy day. We got the kids' tree, a beautiful 7' fir, and dropped it off on their front porch. Then we hit two grocery stores to pick up our orders, and were a little early so had to wait at both stores. We finally got back to the trailer, had lunch, and then I wrapped presents. We have tree decorating on Sunday so we're going to take all the presents to Aut's then. They can go under her tree. That will relieve some of the crowding here. Today is babysitting. :D

TINA - Your leg has been bad now for a year. I remember the day it "went out" was about half hour before we arrived at your house, though now I can't remember if we were coming south in Nov or going back north in Jan. I sure wish there were better treatments out there. There are two clinics here in Austin that are devoted just to that. Have you ever checked to see if there are any in Cruces, El Paso, Albq, or even Tuscon? I bet you are excited about your new car! You are so right - black shows everything! We had a Black Dodge 3/4 ton pick-up for some years back in the 90's. When it was clean and waxed, so pretty! But mostly that wasn't the case.

BECCA - Doesn't Mary Q also have a Ford Escape? She loves hers. I'm so glad you kept your wheels. Gives you freedom! So nice to have a long visit with your good friend. When my BFF and I talk, it's always over an hour, too. There's so much to catch up on! We've been best friends for 45 years but she moved away in 1990 so we don't see each other much. You've put deviled eggs in my head so I'm going to make some to take to the kids next Sunday.

LORI - Did you get to your sewing yesterday? I was going to get out a project - and in fact, did. But then decided I didn't want to get into the middle of one project only to have my Fab Farm fabrics arrive and itch to start it. So, no sewing here at the moment now that my lotto blocks are finished. And yes, we're going to decorate the kids' tree on Sunday. We'll make a party of it! Hence the deviled eggs. I'm also planning to take a veggie or fruit tray, and some cheese and crackers.

Last night was a nice evening so we decided to grill burgers instead of the chicken I'd planned. We did french fries in the air fryer. Yum! Tonite we're going to have chicken. Weather will dictate if we grill outside or bake it inside. If it goes into our oven, then I will probably pop in a couple potatoes to bake, too.

Have you got any ideas yet for your supper?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, Nov 29th

Post by gershwin64 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:31 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, your Sunday decorating party sounds awesome! So does the deviled eggs and fruit and veggie trays! What memories you'll be making 🥰
We had a dark dark grey mini van when the kids were little, I'd wash it and go inside for something and come back outside and I could already see a coating of dust on it, I said never again. I prefer white or beige or along those lines, they don't show the drought so bad 🤷
No, I haven't checked other places for Drs, it's too hard on me to go anywhere out of town.
I have a massage appointment this morning, she wants to try something new that she's learned on me. It's 3 sessions for no cost, I just need to tell her how it makes me feel.....improved or not improved, stuff like that.
Our soup was yummy last night and we have enough for supper tonight so that'll be our supper.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed Nov 29, 2023 9:23 am

Hello everyone sunny here after a chilly start at 17
I have been working this morning on getting things in order I have cards to write Business to do and try getting things together to go to Denise House
It’s a mini craft fair here I went to Then I have a paint class at 2

Maryz My car has 51,000 miles so it’s very good to sell but I’m keeping it
Have fun decorating Meal sounds good
Tina. I sure hope they can help you
It’s no fun being in pain
I go to Alex’s tonight
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:17 pm

Tina, that's a good deal with you got with the massage therapist. Hope she learns from you and you get relief.

Becca, 17 sounds a little chilly for this California girl. Brrrr.

Mary, no, I never did get to sew yesterday or today. Just busy doing other things. Yay for baby sitting.
I know you had fun doing that.

I did a few things for my dad this morning, and ran a couple of errands. I talked to my sister this afternoon for a couple of hours. I was able to knit a bit while I did that.

Dinner is baked potatoes with chili over them. They are in the oven now.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”