Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 28th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 28th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Nov 28, 2023 4:38 am

Good morning,

It was another early morning here, but it seems they are all going to be early - 0400. I need a bigger bladder!

Yesterday was a nice day. I finished writing cards, made Dec lotto blocks, did a little bit of embroidery in the evening, read, and we got a packet of mail from home. We also rec'd news that my massage therapist/good friend, David, at home, who was diagnosed last month with lung cancer and didn't have a good outlook rec'd news that he does NOT have ca but sarcoidosis - and inflammatory disease that has enlarged all his lymph nodes which then glowed brightly on his PET scan and why they thought he had cancer. So all in all, a very good day!!

Today - we're going to pick up our grocery order and get a tree for the kids. That's the plan. I should probably sweep, too. We'll see about that, though. Sounds an awfully lot like a chore. :cry:

BECCA - so glad you have handy family near by! A new battery is a great way to head into winter weather! What kind of car do you have?

TINA - how's the toe? Hard to get ready for the holidays if you have to keep your foot elevated. You just went through this with your leg last summer! Remember, ice is your friend. Did Frankie get the sheets washed so you can put on your Christmas quilts?

Since today will be 62* and probably the nicest day this week, we're going to grill chicken outside. Not sure yet what we'll put with it but since we'll have fresh groceries, probably a salad and maybe a baked potato.

What sounds good to you tonite? And now what will you be having?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, Nov 28th

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, some nights I get up every 2 hours to potty, but I go back to sleep most of the time. It's why I'm tired a lot too. I don't know what your massage therapist/friend David has but it must be way way better than cancer so I'm happy for him.
Are you all going to decorate the tree too today?
Becca, Frankie just replaced Holly's battery yesterday too, guess winter is their favorite time to go out, glad you have a new one now too.
Yep Mary my leg never has gotten 100% and still gets me down, they think it's the lymphoedema squeezing the nerve causing it, just something to live with.
Yes, he did get the bedclothes washed yesterday and my Christmas quilt is on our bed, today will be the spare bedroom that the kids usually stay in.
We sold our suburban yesterday and I have to go to town today to deposit that little bit of money in our savings account. It was a 1996 with 290000 miles so it wasn't worth much but better than using it as a trade in. Our new to us Buick isn't ready yet, it came from Texas and has to go through a bunch of inspections and then all it's oils and stuff have to be done and they have to detail it for us and fill the tank and deliver it to us..... their shop had a few ahead of us so it might be next week, but I'm really hoping for this week. It's white on the outside and black on the inside, black inside isn't really my favorite but it's fine and it does really look nice. They had a different one that was black on the outside and that's a definite no for me, I don't like black vehicles plus they show the dust and dirt the worst here. Jazmyne wanted us to get the black one.... she said she's disappointed in us for not getting the "cool" black one 🤣😂 guess we're not "cool" grandparents 🤣😂. Easton said he wants to spend the night the night before they deliver it so he can be the first to ride in it 🤣😂 these kids are too funny 🤣😂
Supper tonight might be soup, it's Dad's night and he loves soup.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Nov 28, 2023 9:49 am

Hello everyone Another cold windy day
I was out most of yesterday And had to go get some things out of car I left yesterday I couldn’t carry it all Theres carts here but I don’t want to use one
I got my eggs deviled for tonight atChurch
A great friend from long ago called me and talked for 1 hr
Tina you described all my nights I have got up for years every 2 hrs I had a better night last night I put on my flannel sheets and they felt good
Sure hope the leg & toe improves
Maryz My car is a 2008 Ford Escape I was going to sell it & my children all said NO NO
I needed to be able to go as I wish It is nice because I have found some good places to go

I will be in Church We always have a good meal
Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Nov 28, 2023 3:12 pm

Tina, that's a lot of miles on the Chevy. My favorite kind of car. Our whole family owns Chevy truck, van, or Tahoe. We could do a commercial. lol Bummer about your leg. Does over the counter meds help?

Becca, I've been thinking about making deviled eggs. They sound good.

Mary, since you're getting the tree, will you be going over there to help decorate?

I did laundry and errands today. Might do some sewing this afternoon.

Dinner will be Burgers.

Have a lovely evening.

Lori 8-)

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:34 pm

Lori, we're also a Chevy family; us, Kevin, Maria, Holly and Jazmyne all love GMC vehicles and we each have at least 1 each. We still have 2 trucks and a van, all Chevy, they are all old and I can barely get into them with the running boards but they're ours and 1 was a gift from Frankie's cousins that ask we not get rid of it or at least keep it in the family because it was their Dad's truck..... it's mine now but it's not licensed, Frankie is fixing some little things on it..... it's just really a back up in case we need it, it's a true farm truck, dents and all.
Massage and chiropractor visits help the most but that can get crazy expensive so I mostly take ibuprofen or Tylenol when I need to.
We did a bank, PO and Walmart order pick up today and a little around the house.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”