Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Nov 27, 2023 4:30 am

Good morning,

It seems 0400 is our regular getting up time these days. Which is early enough, but when I stop to think that it's 0200 at home it's :shock: And it's not even the fur folk that are getting me up. It's just me, myself, and I. I usually like to "sleep in" until 0500.

Yesterday was a mish-mash of a lot of things - house uglies, cards, fabric cutting, reading, embroidery. Today more of the same, except sewing instead of cutting. I'm doing a few disappearing 9P blocks for Dec lotto. Valerie said 'scrappy' and she's going to get it! My fabric options are limited. The fabrics for Fab Farm are supposed to arrive by Nov 30th so I think I'll wait to start a big project until then.

BECCA - so sorry to hear about your dead battery. I hope they were able to get it fixed for you. How old is the battery? And aren't our kids lucky to get such easy babies! I hope you get to meet Frankie soon. They are such wonderful blessings! And their little heads smell so nice!

CAROL - I didn't hear that about the baby applesauce. I haven't seen any tubes at the kids but I'll mention it to them just in case. Thx! Sewing batting scraps together is a great money saver. I did that a few months ago. Really cleaned out my scrap bin, too!

TINA - ouch!! So sorry about the toe! Mine is hurting now in solidarity with yours. How is it doing today? I've seen your house all decorated for Christmas and it looked amazing then, too! But how fun to have a decorating party!

I thawed pork chops yesterday and the plan was to grill them outside but it was so windy I know he couldn't have kept the grill lit, so we ended up eating pasties and salad instead. Tonite we'll have those chops even if I have to cook them inside. And I might do that anyway. Brown and simmer in a mushroom sauce. (sorry Becca).

What's cookin' at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 27

Post by gershwin64 » Mon Nov 27, 2023 5:54 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, maybe your internal clock is just wanting to see as much of Amara as you can squeeze in. Gosh your day was a cup runneth over day yesterday! My toe feels a little better since I stayed off it quite a bit yesterday, just as long as I wear shoes and keep elevating it. I'm going to do some bill paying today and hopefully work on another Christmas quilt. I also will get Frankie to help with washing bedclothes so my Christmas quilts can be put on the beds.
Pork chops sound good for supper or maybe soup or maybe tacos..... I'm totally undecided at the moment. I'll have to think about it more.
Tina

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, Nov 27

Post by Becca » Mon Nov 27, 2023 7:04 am

Hello everyone Cold and windy here but sunny
Chris My DGS is here now about the battery Hesgonfe for new one Alexs son
He’s a jewel & loves his Grama and Carmel cake lol
I am waiting to go shopping My cuboard
Is getting empty
Maryz I excuse the sauce You will eat it not me
Yes Babies are s very sweet & smell sweet
Tina Glad the toe is healing Juat pamper it