Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 26th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:52 am

Good morning,

Babysitting yesterday was so much fun! What a happy baby! She never fussed once in the 5-1/2 hrs we watched her. We played a lot, had a couple bottles, ate some applesauce, and went for a walk with the stroller. We go back for more baby fun on Wed. Today I need to clean up some of the clutter here in the trailer. It can get out of hand quickly! Then work on my Christmas cards and choose a quilting project from the kits I assembled while still at home. I've ordered fabrics for Eliz Hartman's Fab Farm but they won't arrive for a bit so got to keep busy! :D If I wait until we get home to start Fab Farm, I will only have about 6 weeks to get it done before I have to mail it back to Texas in time for Amara's first birthday. I can do it as long as nothing pops up to get in my way but life has a way of throwing curve balls like illness, accidents, break downs, other important projects, etc. so I try to never leave anything to the last minute when I have a deadline. And my deadline to finish Fab Farm is end of March but we won't be home until first of Feb. And first week or two after a winter away is emptying the trailer and re-settling ourselves back into home life. So that's my good excuse for ordering new fabric! :D

BECCA - we had the table all to ourselves yesterday! Glad they left the sauce off your meal the other night even if you ordered banned food. (You get a little leeway because you have limited control over your menus. I'm sweet that way. :D ). I bet the sauce issue depends on who's doing the cooking that night. Or who is dressing the plates before serving and how well they are paying attention.

We're going to grill pork chops tonite. No sauce, Becca! But we'll have noodles on the side, maybe with an alfredo sauce (Pasta Roni), and a salad. Pretty easy peasy.

What sounds delicious to you? And what will you be having?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, Nov 26th

Post by gershwin64 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 6:26 am

Good morning all 🌞
Mary, I bet yesterday was the best! So glad she's a happy baby. I think that's a great excuse for ordering that kit 🤣😂🥰
Becca, I can't imagine eating sauces or gravy on so many things and I love gravy 🤷
Yesterday Kevin and Matthew and Holly and the kids all came over at 10am and decorated my inside! It looks amazing! We had a great day! I think our leftovers are about goners too, a good thing too.
I'm pretty sure I broke my little toe yesterday, it's purple and hurts a lot. I hung it on the bathroom scale and it bend outward 😭 I said bad words.
Tonight is Dad's night, I think I'll make chicken Alfredo and we have some cutup veggies.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Nov 26, 2023 9:27 am

Good Morning,

I have taken a break from quilting the quilt I was working on and have been sewing batting together. It is working out great.

Maryz - Did you see there has been a recall on baby applesauce in the squeeze tubes? The applesauce has lead in it and the manufacturer thinks the source is cinnamon. Glad you got to spend time with Amara. I was really tired on Friday and I only made pies and dinner rolls.

Tina -Ouch! I broke my little toe when I was in high school. I just taped it and went to school. I walked 1.8 miles to school and 1.8 miles home. My toe was sore!! (The school district didn't bus until it was 2 miles away. Bet your house looks very pretty! We still have Thanksgiving decorations out.

Becca - Glad you succeeded in not getting sauce.

Last night we went out to eat and had hot turkey sandwiches, so we got our leftover fix. Tonight we will have soup. The pie is gone so no more desserts!

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:07 pm

Hello everyone Been a cold cloudy day Looking like snow but none in sight
I had quite a start to my day It was in low 20s so I went out to defrost my car The battery was dead SoI called a friend who picked me up Got Here and started working on solving the problem They tried jumping but it didn’t work so one of Alex’s men will take care of it in the morning
It was too cold to go out so I walked Halls and looked for Christmas decor
Maryz Happy day for you Our little Frankie is the same way a Happy Contented Baby from Day One Such a Blessing especially for the first baby I’m anxious to see her
Yes I know it depends on who dishes up your plate Sometimes you get bigger servings & some small no matter what you write
Tina So glad they did your decorating for you So sorry about your toe I’m sure it was very painful Just baby it No treatment but taping
Carol Turkey sandwich sounds good They had them here too
I love leftovers if they are good
I took care of some Christmas today by donating to Charity I was going to try to do some this week before I go to Denise’s
I choose Quiche salad Jello Fruit
& peas with mushrooms
Becca

Return to “Chit Chat”