Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUJPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 27

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUJPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 27

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 27, 2023 7:03 am

Good morning,

Today is my son, Mike's, birthday. He is 48 today. I wish I could see him and give him a birthday hug, but that isn't going to happen. A card and a text will have to suffice.

We decided to invite friends, Tex & Annette, over for BBQ and campfire last night so it took a while for me to get the patio table scrubbed up and ready for company eating and all the chairs gathered up. Bill usually helps with all that but he and Al were digging trenches in the back yard to set up a sprinkler system and I didn't want to interrupt that! We grilled marinated chicken and I made rice pilaf and a salad. Al grilled asparagus to perfection, seasoned with lemon pepper and topped with shredded parmesan. Annette brought apple pie and ice cream for dessert. For my marinade, I used whatever sounded good while perusing my fridge and pantry - a few glugs of olive oil, white rice vinegar, some Worchestershire, two chopped limes, lots of minced garlic and dill weed, S&P. Left it in the fridge for about 6 hours. It was REALLY good. I should have added some other herbs like thyme and rosemary, but I didn't.

Today might be jam-making day. I am down to my last jar of strawberry habanero jam and everyone seemed to love it. It wasn't hot, per se, but did have a bit of a kicky aftertaste. I might try to make it a tad hotter this time. We'll see how the day goes. It will involve going out for berries and peppers.

TINA - what kind of car did you buy Jasmyne? Grampa is working on it now? I bet she is over the moon happy!

JANA - it sounds like Kari was made for this job - or vice versa! I pray she gets it. Always fun to sit down and peruse a new quilty book/pattern! Kimberbell comes up with cute designs. And no, if developers buy Vicki's property, they will bulldoze every last tree, bush, stick. And her property comes up to within 2 feet of our cement parking pad where our Boondockers (and sisters) park. It's too bad because there is so little green space left around us and that property is so beautiful. And so much wildlife lives there. Not to mention what it will do to OUR place! I don't want to live next door to 10 big new homes! And the developer will be hounding us to sell ours, too, because then they would have 5 acres total and on that they would put close to 30 homes.

CAROL - I will never think of Betty Crocker again without thinking of you, you know. And my sis and I stopped at Goodwill AGAIN yesterday and without even actually looking I found BC One-pot meals. And every recipe in it looked delicious and easy to make! I can't wait to start cooking! My sis and I sat out on the deck going through the BC cookbooks and she had my singed and smoke-damaged copy of Dinner for Two and I told her about you and your stuffed pepper casserole. One day I might try that.

But for tonite, I'm going to make chicken fried rice from all of our leftovers. There is even enough salad left over for all of us. I'll add a side of green beans, I think, to round out the meal.

What's the plan at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUJPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 27

Post by gershwin64 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:53 am

Hi everyone!
I was finishing up my flowers so I'm running a little late.
Mary, we got Jazmyne a 1990 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight Regency, it needs a replacement for the hood, grill and passenger side light, it hit a deer. It belonged to Frankie's Uncle and his cousin had been driving it and that's how it hit the deer. It looks almost new inside and out except for that. So we're on the hunt for parts. And surprise surprise, someone didn't want us getting her a vehicle and has even told her she can't park it on "his" property πŸ€¦β€β™€οΈ he's such a jerk.
Carol, I didn't encourage him to buy another battery, I'm hoping that will help him not overdo it, he'll have to recharge his battery while the weed eater battery charges πŸ˜‰
I think we're having rotisserie chicken for supper and salad.
Tina

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Sat May 27, 2023 11:56 am

Here's my silly, she says she can fit 3 bodies in the truck πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ she's too funny!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 27, 2023 1:37 pm

Good afternoon!

Well, the thunderstorm showed up and it was another doozy, right over the house. Flash, boom, repeat. And now three more approaching. The first one came with hail the size of large marbles - big enough to do damage. Michael was outside at the storm rolled in, whacking weeds. He came in fast!

Tina - they let 12 y/o drive in New Mexico? She can't be old enough yet! My friend once had a car, large like Jaz's car and she named it the Queen Mary, after the big boat!

Mary - sounds like the boys are getting into lots of trouble together!
Glad Chip is home safe and sound after all the excitement. Sounds like what A loves doing!

So finally heading downstairs to get into trouble.

Dinner - leftover pork roast, cubed, turned into sweet and sour or rice.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat May 27, 2023 4:36 pm

Good Afternoon,

Dinner tonight will be Marinated Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and Broccoli.

I did sew today. I practiced machine binding. I have quite a few pieces that were used in quilting classes and I am just binding them for practice. I set a goal to learn this year and I fully intend to keep the goal.

Jana - Sounds like you have a nice quiet weekend ahead of you. Daniel and Kari must be looking over the things that are packed away. Didn't they store things at Sandee's?

Tina - Yes, too funny. It is a nice big trunk. So, the car will stay at your house? You have said Jasmyne already would prefer to live with you, now she will want to stay all the time for sure!

Maryz - Jam making today! Not sure I like Strawberry Habanero but as long as you do. It would be sad for a developer to put so many homes next door.

Carol

Return to β€œChit Chat”