Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 26th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 26th

Post by purrfect-lady » Fri May 26, 2023 6:44 am

Good morning,

It's truly owl season here! Lots of hooting at night. Yesterday a huge owl swooped over us on our walk through the woods, landing in a tree not far above our heads, checking Scottie out as a possible snack. This morning, a much smaller owl was sitting on the cement in our driveway. He sat for a while, then sort of flap-hopped into the woods. He seemed stunned. Maybe he fell out of a nest? Bill checked a short while later and didn't see him anyplace, so hopefully he got it together and flew off.

Yesterday was haircut day. My sis went with and we ran a few other errands. Vicki's DD, Megan, was next door and we talked with her. Looks like they are selling the property, though it won't go through for several months. But a developer is coming by today to check it out. Sadly, Megan looks just like her mom, and seems to be starting to exhibit signs of Huntington's. I pray I'm wrong. She is about 42 yrs old.

We have no plans for the weekend. Guess we will hunker down and let everyone else have the highways.

CAROL - good to hear that you had a good glaucoma check. May it always be so. I've often made packet dinners especially when camping - or just potato/onion packets on the grill. They are delicious and so simple!

TINA - school is out already? But then, they go back in August, don't they. I bet the kids are happy! Our schools won't release the kids until at least third week of June and they go back after Labor Day.

BECCA - have a fun weekend with Keith and family!

LORI - you have a lot going on in your sewing room! This morning I started to fuse OWL May block to the background. I do all the stitching down when I do each block. It's thread changes, but a lot of applique at one time fill's my chiropractor's bank account too quickly. So I spread it out. But I'm anxious to have my Bernie come home - my Bernie with the brand new automatic thread cutter! Will make all that applique much easier. Hopefully, today is the day.

It''s supposed to be 82* today so we are thinking of grilling chicken tonite. We'll have rice-a-roni and a salad and/or veggie to be named. I'm trying to plan ahead, hoping for enough leftover chicken to make enchiladas tomorrow night.

What tasty ideas do you have for supper tonite?

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Friday, May 26th

Post by auntjana » Fri May 26, 2023 12:47 pm

Good afternoon!

Mary - what, you can't be content with a OWL quilt, you need real ones too? How fun to have the real ones. Once in awhile, there's a owl that lives next door in the dilapidated barn. Hope the developers next door on Vicki's land, respect the area and not bulldoze everything!

Dinner - I bought a pork shoulder roast, to roast. So with that will be gravy, mashed potatoes, fresh green beans and applesauce.

No more word on the house that was struck by the bolt of lightning. All we know is that there were 4 people in the house and a large propane tank, that was the biggest worry. They didn't call Aaron out, so that's why we don't have any info. It was less than 1000 feet from us, and we think to the north. There are some older built homes that have the large propane tanks for their fuel source. We may go exploring a bit later.

My new Kimberbell book arrived and it will be fun to play with. I have been drooling over the fun projects. I think I need a couple more embroidery machines, so I can do more at the same time! Don't think that will fly with Michael and his budget! LOL!

Haven't talked to Kari yet on the new job possibility. It's a totally new company that she had never heard of before, out of San Francisco. It only writes insurance for restaurants. Kari's favorite is doing restaurant underwriting. If she gets the job, she's hoping that there will be agents here doing restaurants, so she can do the on site research, eating at them! I'll go help her.

Time to put on my roast to cook, low and slow in the oven

Hugs,
Jana

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Fri May 26, 2023 4:23 pm

Hi everyone! I'm sliding in right before our supper time.
Mary, we get owls here every so often, they are cool..... but I try to make sure our kitties are safe inside before dark.
I sew my applique down as I go on big projects too because of my back, leg and shoulders.
I still haven't called to see if my haircut girl is back. I hope I remember tomorrow.
Yep schools out yay!! They start end of July to very first of August and get out end of May here. They do that because we're already hot here and it costs a lot to cool the schools in our heat. We're 92° right now.
Jana, I sure hope she gets the job, sounds like she'd enjoy it!
That lightening strike was way too close! I hope all are alright.
We're having burgers on the grill. We ate lunch at Cracker Barrel in Cruces after taking Dad to an appointment then we stopped at Home Depot, he wanted a cordless weed eater for around his rose bushes. Jazmyne went with us and we all enjoyed the day. She doesn't want to leave, we bought a car for her and it needs a couple things done to it and she doesn't want to leave without it LOL it'll take a couple weeks probably to get parts and fix it.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Fri May 26, 2023 5:44 pm

Good Afternoon!
I received the Cat Scratch pattern from the other day. It is very cute.

Maryz – You will have plenty of time to sew when your sister leaves. Enjoy her visit.

Jana – I am not a fan of thunder! It must have been scary to wake up to the loud thunder. Hope the family and house the lightening struck are okay.

Tina – The cordless weed eater is the way to go! Hope he gets an extra battery pack. We have one and it is a really big help. We use the same battery pack for the blower too.

Dinner needs to go in the oven. It will be Stuffed Pepper Casserole.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”