Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 24

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 24

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 24, 2023 7:01 am

Good morning,

The next door roosters are in fine fettle this morning! I love that they 'sing' to us all day long. Makes me think I'm still living out in the country! When we're in Texas and I get homesick, I pull up our security cameras and turn on the audio just to listen to the roosters. 🐓 :D

Yesterday we took my sis and dbil on a short drive around to see our parents' farm, her old 2-room school, and just the countryside in general. Then we dropped all the Home Sweet Home blocks off at the post office, picked up a pizza, and came home to a relaxing evening of TV. No sewing happened yesterday. Not sure what today holds for us.

TINA - So we both had pizza last night and cheese steak sandwiches the night before. What are we having tonite? :lol: Glad Dad is holding his own.

BECCA - moving is a huge job, but I'm going to guess you'll have a lot of help. I would love to be one of those helpers! When you are in, you need to give us your new address. It's nice to be able to use special things for special babies. My grandmother used to do basket weaving and we have a bassinette in our family that she made amost 100 years ago. All 6 of us kids slept in it and many of my parents' 20 grand and great-grand children, too. But it was too big and too far to take it to Autumn to use for just a few months. (my neice has it now) We also have a wooden rocking horse that Autumn's great uncle made over 50 years ago so we are going to repaint it and take it down to her this winter. Bill already got that down out of the attic! lol!

JANA - I think we're all excited for Dan & Kari's new house! Did they tell Karlie yet? And you will have your sewing room back! You might miss Miss Kitty . . . Good news about your recipes yesterday. I'm with you - graham cracker crusts are OK (homemade much better) but I think I prefer a pastry crust. Or if one were trying to cut carbs, your dessert sounds like it would be fine with no crust. And happy birthday and congratulations to Kate!! She is a special young lady!

LORI - I find lots of books at thrift stores - cookbooks, mysteries, quilting books (I got 4 of those last trip out!), and now I'm gathering up Dr. Suess and Little Golden Books for You Know Who. I am a bookaholic. I got a brass lamp w/shade last month for $14. Some outings are diamonds, some are stone. But they are always fun.

Tonite, I'm going to make a 7-layer Mexican dip with tortilla chips for our dinner. And a salad using my sister's veggies. We are out so we're working out of her fridge now. (It's great when guests bring their own refrigerator!).

What's the supper plan at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 24

Post by gershwin64 » Wed May 24, 2023 8:08 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, I just have hens but I'd miss their vocals if I were gone for very long too.
I think family heirlooms are awesome!
LOL I was just wondering if we were going to be supper twins again but nope not tonight.
Our thrift stores here don't usually have anything I'm interested in.
I've got flower blocks to finish, watering to do, doggie bed clothes to wash and possibly some cleaning. We're fixing to take Duncan and Rosie to the groomer, they are really stinky dirty kids this time, I didn't get them their in between baths this time.... they're ripe. Pooshie doggies.
I think I'll make the California BLT chicken ring and guacamole for supper tonight.
Tina

Oh, I wanted to let you know I was so sore after the chiropractor yesterday that I really thought I'd be calling him today but I woke up this morning and it's the first time in many many months possibly a year or more that my shoulders didn't hurt! I guess he moved something just right and that was why I was sore. I slept all night long too without waking up in pain, amazing!

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed May 24, 2023 8:31 am

Hello everyone sunny here but coolish still & I love it Of course it will be much cooler where I’m going I move on June 2 This weekend my DGS Keith is coming to pick me up for 3 days with them I have always wanted to see his house & place & visit his church Hes the Pastor He grew up right next door to us so spent a lot of time with us
Maryz I hope Hendersonville has some good thrift stores There’s one in the place
I love Family heirlooms We have several & I give to whoever wanted them
We too had a rocking horse made by family member
Tina I’m so happy you got help with pain Sure hope it helps
I just finished doing laundry & vacuuming house t still have to dust Stripped my bed too Got walk in early
There’s much to be done to prepare for move but sure we will get it done
I will have banned salad & spinach sautéed
And fruit. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 24, 2023 10:48 am

Good morning!

Busy day here. Tommy needs a ride down to an appointment in a short time. Sarah will pick him up. Then later is the badge ceremony. Aaron found a cake with a fire engine and cat stuck in tree for Kate's bd cake tonight, after the ceremony. Later 8n a week or so, we're doing a big family surprise dinner for here.

Dinner -- will be a horse knows the way, after the ceremony.

My LQS that is closing was one that had my LA supplies as they were the Handi Quilter dealer. Now it's a trip to Logan or online from them. The main Handi Quilter office is still here in the valley, up north a bit. They do service there.

Becca - that will be a treat to be there in person for his church service! And June 2nd is just around the corner!

Mary - you have the golden touch, luck or whatever in finding great bargains! Never too soon for a dolly for little one! It will be loved and drugged around. All the dolls I have made are well loved - even Lila added her own drawings to the face of hers. I have the large bassinet that was the one Michael slept in as a baby, as well as my four babies and several of my grandchildren. It currently lives on my tall plant shelf, with a teddy bear and baby quilt draped over the side of it. It was a used bassinet when Michael used it and he turns 75 in August . It's old!

Tina - so glad you're getting some relief! It's good not to hurt!

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed May 24, 2023 1:05 pm

Tina, that is wonderful news. Sleeping through the night and no pain. Awesome.

Jana, That cake will be purrfect.

Becca, glad you are finally getting your place. Hope it works out for you.

Mary, I buy a lot of books too. Sounds like you've been having a great time with your sis.

I haven't done much today, but I'm heading in to sew now.

Dinner will be BLAT's.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”