Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 23rd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 23rd

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 23, 2023 7:21 am

Good morning!

It's a chilly morning here - 46* - but otherwise nice. Should reach 66* today but warming up as the week goes on.

Yesterday my sister and I went to Port Orchard, 20 miles north of us, and shopped a few thrift stores and Joann's. I found a beautiful blue blouse that was new, fit purrfectly, and was only $1.79. That and a little white doll cradle for $5 were my biggest finds of the day. Oh, and a beautiful, spriral bound Christmas cookie cookbook. I haven't made Christmas cookies in some years, now, but it was such a pretty book - and only $1. I couldn't resist. I'm not sure what today holds. But first on my docket is to sort out all the Home Sweet Home blocks and get them packaged and to the post office. Then we're all going over to my brother, Jim's, place (2 miles away) and make sure no squatters have moved in. It's vacant right now and sadly, squatters is a possibility in this day and age.

CAROL - yes, I did see that cat quilt pattern on Q yesterday, and it is now MINE! lol! I only thought about it for about 3 minutes before ordering it. It would be a sad shame if I died and people went through my quilts and there was no cat quilt to be found! lol! And I do have a BC Christmas book. Also, diabetic, slow cooker, 1,2,3 dinner, Dinner for Two, an Annual Recipes, the main cookbook, the International, and a few others.

TINA - It's fun to share kitchen duties sometimes. I gave my sis assignments last night and then, she cleaned up some cooking dishes while I folded a load of clothes (our combined thrift shop finds). I will check out your OWL thread. I haven't had a chance yet. How is Dad doing?

BECCA - great news about your apartment! I feel badly about the lady that couldn't take it after all and needing to go to assisted living, but wonderful that now you can move in. And also good news about Brodee. Such a sweetie.

JANA - things are sounding very hopeful for your kids!

Tonite is a vacation from cooking. Hooray on that! It's Sale day at Paper Murphy's so Bill just ordered us a large Mexican pizza. We'll toss a salad and supper will be done!

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 23rd

Post by gershwin64 » Tue May 23, 2023 9:01 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, sounds like you had fun! Yay for sorting blocks today 🥰 your swap sure went fast.
Dad's doing ok and I think I told you all that he's getting his cancer medicine again. He overdoes it most days and we can't stop him so I figure he's happy doing what he does.... I'd hate to be made to stop doing things so I just check in on him several times a day to make sure he's ok.
Becca, I'm so happy you're finally getting a place too though.
We had philly steak and cheese sandwiches last night, I think there was more veggies than meat LOL but they were soooooooo yummy!
Tonight is pizza night at the winery so we're going. I also have a chiropractor appointment before we go eat.
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue May 23, 2023 9:16 am

Hello to all sunny here & cooler this week nice Got car inspected & some business I had to do & correspondence Plus watered all Denise’s plants for her They have squash tomatoes zucchini & orka plus her flowers and she has lots
Got walk in too
Maryz You always find the best deals at Thrift stores A cradle would be so cute Denise has one her Great Great Grandfather made Avery used it Now Frankie can use it when she’s big enough I made a quilt for it
Tina Glad Dad is able to keep going Thats very important
Jana Hope Karlie job works out & they get the house
The lady from Lake Point sent pictures and It has all the things I requested so B it should be good
I am going to do laundry and run vacuum this afternoon I don’t even want to think about moving again and getting everything in place
I have ham Don’t know what veggies I will have Carrots raw will probably be it
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 23, 2023 5:07 pm

Good evening!

Sliding in here very late. No reason really, just being a sloth. I will do better tomorrow. Dinner will be sloth food too - kraft Mac and cheese. Told ya I was being slothful!

We've had a great thunderstorm this afternoon. Still going on, after 4 hours of rain, lightning and thunder!

Dinner is changed to Velveeta scratch Mac and cheese.

Daniel and Kari just announced that we are under contract! Translation - they got the house, well, now the financial stuff needs completion. Then it's ours, OK, theirs! Whoo hoo. Happy Dance! We are aiming to close the middle of June -- I think the 14th. Daniel is getting the last of all the financial stuff, his right arm and leg and their first born and cat all documented for the lender. We have a large chunk of cash to help them as well.

Well, time to cook, a bit,

Hugs Jana

The cheesecake was very yummy. I was not fond of the graham cracker crust recipe, so I'd change that, but the filling was easy and very creamy. Basically cream cheese, whip cream, lemon flavoring and sugar. No bake at all. The salsa was a hit with my salsa expert - Karlie - she practically drank the entire batch, with a few chips!

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 23, 2023 9:00 pm

Jana, congratulations to the kids. So glad they'll be close by.

Mary, you found some great bargains. I don't usually find anything good at thrift stores.

Becca, sounds like Denise will have a nice garden this summer.

Tina, glad to hear your dad is doing okay.

Carol, that cat pattern sure is cute.

I worked on my OWL quilt a bit. Got May and June traced on to fusible and the backgrounds cut out.
I cleaned the house this morning and Jack took me for a walk.

Dinner was cereal again. I was busy with my pattern and lost track of time.

Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”