Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUJPPER CLUB - Monday, May 22nd

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUJPPER CLUB - Monday, May 22nd

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon May 22, 2023 6:03 am

Good morning,

Busy weekend here. Yesterday, after nearly all day of head scratching and visiting all the hardware stores, they guys finally figured out the problem with the water leak in the H's fresh water tank - the wrong part was used at the factory!!! They bought the right part and voila`!! No more leak! That wrong part worked for a while but after 3 yrs of jouncing around over hill and dale, it finally bit the dust. But all is solved. Now they have to change out the insulation that got wet from the leak. Then they will move on to replacing shocks on our truck. My sis and I hit the local Goodwill. I found a few goodies - books. But one is another Betty Crocker cookbook! International recipes. Some of them look pretty tasty. That brings my BC collection to 12. I counted. :D I think Carol is still ahead, though.

And our flank steak turned our pretty good last night. I bought it at Costco, two steaks to a package. Each one was 1-1/2 pounds and just right to feed 4 people. I froze the second one. I want to do a little tweaking on the marinade but all in all, it was a keeper.

JANA - I'm praying for the kids to get this house. I'm not sure I can wait until 5pm today to hear. The good news is that your 5pm is our 4pm, so I won't have to wait as long as you! :D I saw a lemon cheesecake at Costco Saturday. It looked so good, but they are so big! Just too much for us unless we have a lot of company.

BECCA - Praying for your home situation to be resolved soon, too! I know you are very welcome where you are and they probably would be fine if you stayed permanently. But I also know you are ready for your own place. I would be, too. Mark must be fully recovered from his accident last year if he's playing tennis. Good to hear!

TINA - Bill's brother also would never leave home. His wife so wanted to take a vacation - just 2 weeks. He stayed home 50 weeks a year and wasn't willing to give her 2 weeks. She finally started going without him but with groups.

CAROL - your weekend sounds very relaxed and pleasant! Hope your week follows suit! Do you have the International BC Cookbook?

LORI - What wool project are you working on? I love wool applique. But my hands are getting so full of arthritis anymore that it's hard to do hand stitching. I'm just hoping I can finish the Christmas stocking I'm cross-stitching for Amara. I'm not sure what I'll do if they have more kids. How is your brother doing?

Tonite I think we're going to have Philly cheesesteak sandwiches. We have all the ingredients but the rolls so I guess a run to the grocery store is in order. I also have leftover mashed potatoes, so maybe potato cakes will happen. Or, I could make some leftse for snacking . . . And I have lots of salad makings.

My sister does offer to help, but mostly she just stands by - or offers ingredients/food from her trailer kitchen. My kitchen is designed for just one person working at a time. I sure wish I had an open concept house. Sometimes I feel left out of the action when we have company and I'm in the kitchen.

gershwin64

Re: SUJPPER CLUB - Monday, May 22nd

Post by gershwin64 » Mon May 22, 2023 6:52 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, so glad they found that leak and got it fixed.
Jana, I'm sure praying the kids get this house too.
Becca, before too much longer you'll be telling us you're putting things away in your new place 🙏
My kitchen is only 4'wide in floor space so not much room for helpers, although we manage during holidays or when the grands want to help LOL
I can't think of anything I want to make for supper tonight and it's Dad's night. I'd make philly cheesesteak if I had the meat.... hmmmmmm....
Tina

Becca

Post by Becca » Mon May 22, 2023 8:58 am

Hello everyone partly sunny here Got walk in early before they left Then I went shopping Got the essentials
Maryz mark pulled a muscle on Sunday playing tennis so that is put aside for now
That was his second time trying to play He still has back pain & has to be careful what he does He said he knows he will never be the same as before
My kitchen wasn’t real big either but I always cooked for 21 on Holidays and family get togethers One Thanksgiving I went to get a dish out of china cabinet and came back and 17 was in my Kitchen
They were all having fun together lol
Glad Sis contributes in some ways
BRODEE update I C talked to my Son the Grandfather He said the Dr was good & they liked him And all the news on Brodee was good news so that’s all the info I have Levi never did call me I figured they went off for week end
Tina Hope Dad is doing good as possible now Won’t be long & School will be out
I’m doing sautéed chicken breast green beans and a salad They hardly ever eat green beans and I love them so I am making some Salad too
Hugs Becca

Denise just called An apartment just came open The lady who paid in September now has to go to Assisted living She had a mishap they said Just had to let u know We go up on Tuesday of next week to look at it and Nurse will check me Thanks for your support love and prayers

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon May 22, 2023 12:31 pm

Good afternoon!

Afternoon boomers are happening. They're early.

Just made the salsa -I know it's yummy - made it many times before. Also have the no bake cheesecake in the freezer to help chill it quicker. So far, it's extremely yummy! Simple to make too. Dinner is nachos with salsa, chips and the all the fixin's.

Clock says about 3.5 hours , no word yet.

That's about all from here -

Hugs,
Jana

Update - still no word, but the lender is requesting all documents for final income verification, etc and quotes for home insurance, moving the approval process right along. Kari has a job interview with a new company tomorrow and starting salary is twice what she makes now. That would be very nice! No problem with a mortgage if she takes a new job.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon May 22, 2023 3:32 pm

Good Afternoon,

Becca - The news is wonderful and most welcome!! An answer to prayers for sure!

Maryz - Did you see the really cute cat pattern on Deals of the Day today? Glad the water leak is resolved.
Yes, I do have the International BC Cookbook. Do you have Best Christmas or Baking Classics? I really like both of those.

Jana - Good news for Daniel and Kari too! I think it is good news for you too because you get the Batt Cave by yourself again. Okay, I know you are going to miss having Karlie underfoot and sharing meals with Daniel and Kari but they will be close enough to you. Here is wishing everything to go smoothly!

DH came home from Jury Duty this morning about 10:00 AM. He is to return to the courthouse on Wednesday. The judge kept those who said they had a problem with the duration of the trial. Bet he kept them most of the day and most of them will still be back. They really do not take very many excuses.

Meanwhile I went to the gym this morning came home showered and did my hair. I wanted to do some shopping at several stores. I have been putting off several small purchases and got them all taken care of today. I am quite pleased. DH meanwhile didn't have a plan on what to do with the day. He did take a nap. LOL

Tina - Go somewhere by yourself. It will do you a world of good.

Dinner will be chicken. I need a few ingredients however so I will let you know. I am trying a new recipe. It is a foil pack (in oven at 400* for 30 minutes). BC sent an email and I chose to try the Paprika Chicken. I will let you know.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”