Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 20th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 20th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat May 20, 2023 6:30 am

Good morning,

It's a beauty of a morning and I'm out on the deck, fountain tinkling, chickens cackling and crowing next door. I can hear traffic in the distance, but it really sounds more like a river in the mountains, so it's kind of nice, actually. Al & Tina arrive today, probably around 2~ish. They have about 320 miles to travel. The same route Bill and I were on last weekend. It's a really nice drive across central WA and over the Cascades. It will be good to see them again, and their little dog, too. A tiny sheltie named "Hank". Our shelties get along very well. Scott is black and white and big for his breed while Hank is very small and sable and white. He can walk under Scott. Such a cutie.

We have a few small chores to finish getting ready but basically, we're done. I will have a few hours to play with my OWL April block, I think. And if I get it finished, I might start cutting out tha third flannel shirt. Sigh. I'm going for it!

TINA - Kevin may have access to Disney packages, too, since he works for the state. Lee works for the federal government and he was able to get them. Sorry - for some reason I guess I aged Jazmyne! lol! My Betty Crocker cookbook is the standard one and I think this version was published around 1986. I can shoot you the recipe if you wish. I didn't sugar the berries, though, so they weren't very juicy.

CAROL - Sounds like you make great use of your pass! I know you have a lot of block out dates, but that's when the crowds will be there and you wouldn' want to go then anyhow! I'm glad you enjoy it so much. Bill also loved Disneyland. He says the problem is they let all those little kids in! lol! (he's just kidding!)

BECCA - When does Brodee see his new neuro? Do you know if he is on Dilantin for his seizures? Poor little guy! That mountain trail sounds beautiful! I would love to walk it! Happy birthday to Avery. Did you geta her a gift? Sorry it's taking longer than you'd anticipated to get into your new home. I know you feel like you are in limbo, waiting.

LORI - I've been to D-land three times - 1984, 1988, and 2010. It's always different and always more expensive! But I always picture it as Wally World from Vacation movie. I've only been to Knottsberry Farm once - in 1984. And yes it was pretty warm year before last when my sister visited. Last year it was about 75-85. This year it will be cooler - 60's to low 70's. She will love it. But Al loves high heat. Isn't this month's lotto great! What a beautiful flower garden the winner will have! I loved your flowers!

JANA - how fun it would be to have Daniel, et al, so close! I hope that last house works out. I'm rooting for it! Yes, Kumquat's hips checked out fine. But good to be sure. You've got some fun projects to get yourself busy with! And yes, my sis and I have gotten ourselves into trouble more than a few times! So far we've always escaped, mostly unscathed. And now I know, I can still outrun her if necessary!

Tonite's supper is going to be BLT's, coleslaw, corn on the cob, and more strawberry shortcake. Seems like all we've been doing lately is eating with a glass of wine thrown in from time to time. And there will be no let up anytime soon. lol! It's going to be diet city after Al & Tina go home.

What will you be eating tonite?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, May 20th

Post by gershwin64 » Sat May 20, 2023 7:28 am

Good morning everyone!
Mary, so far we've stayed below 90° but it looks like that will be changing this next week and it looks like we won't be getting anymore rain.... the sadness.
How old is Hank now? You'll be busy and hiding in the bathroom to talk to us soon 😉
So glad kumquats hips are all good.
I'd love to be going to DL with the kids but Holly is pretty set on not going.
Carol, so glad you get to go often, I think it's a great thing!
Becca, I sure hope they get Brodee all taken care of. Sorry it's taking extra time to get you into your new place.
I've been to DL 3 times, Knottsberry Farms once and SeaWorld once, I'd love to go again but unless I can talk the kids into going and taking me it doesn't look good for me, Frankie isn't interested at all in going again.... he can be such an old man sometimes. 🤫
Jana, that would be awesome for them to be just down the street from you!

Well I finished 1 of my lotto flowers, an iris and posted a pic. I'll be working on 2 others today but they're each different.
I've got 2 crockpots going already, 1 with bbq pulled pork and 1 with bbq Hatch red Chile sauce for Chile meat burritos. I had a big pork tenderloin and decided to make 2 different things. We were supposed to go to Cruces for Matthew's last T-ball game but it's been moved 2 weeks out and on a weeknight. But Jazmyne, Easton and Preston will be here today and they're spending the night so that makes it better 🥰
Tina

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat May 20, 2023 12:17 pm

Good afternoon!

Well, a straight offer at asking price is submitted by the kids on the house close to me and Sarah. There is another offer in place,already, but it has a contingency on it - meaning that offer has to sell their house first. Our kids offer has nothing like that, just money, so now we wait for 48 hours, that's all the time left on the other offer to get their house sold. The house the kids want is empty, and move in ready. This will be a loooong two days! If all goes well, they can be closed by June 14th. Lots of prayers here! Oh, there's a way for Daniel to add a third car garage, using his architect skills and have a shop space underneath the concrete floor - it's all very up Daniel's alley for design and construction. But it will be down the road a bit, he needs to save up more money. Funny how that green stuff is somehow always needed.

Mary - so happy on Kumquat report. When first shots are given, it will be hard on both parents! I remember Sarah's!

Tina - DL will happen, sometime. My kids like to go in the fall, especially around October. Not many crowds and the park is dressed spooky.

Dinner - probably stroganoff. Or not. It's Saturday so many times no one's here, so it's a wait and see.

Heading down to play in my Batt Cave.

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat May 20, 2023 4:35 pm

Good Afternoon,

Last night dinner turned into Pasta and meat sauce. I made a big batch of meat sauce for the freezer and decided it would also be dinner. Dinner tonight will be Parmesan Chicken, Potatoes, Salad and Vegetable.

Maryz - Have you gotten into trouble yet? Hopefully you are exchanging lots of hugs with your sister. Hoping you have a wonderful time with her. Are other boon dockers also there or did you block out these three weeks? Glad to hear Amara is doing well. The flower blocks are really beautiful this month in the lotto.

Jana - Sounds like it is just a waiting game. Hope all goes well and Daniel and Kari get the house! They have had some time to save some money for the down payment and that should also be in their favor.

Tina - I think everyone is feeling the need to do something fun after isolating the past three years. Perhaps Frankie and you could get away. Even if it is just for the day if you can go someplace where you can relax it would be worth it. DH and I went to Temecula just a couple of weeks ago. It is an hour and a half drive one-way, and it was totally worth it. We both came back more relaxed.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”