Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 18

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 18

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 18, 2023 7:07 am

Good morning,

Today is Mt. St. Helen's Day! She blew her top 43 yrs ago today. That was scary. We were in church and didn't know about it until we got home and my Mom called to give us the news. We were camping the next week when she blew again and we were evacuated by the rangers. I still have a jar of ash in the garage that the kids collected. It's quite a hot commodity now. I should have collected more!

Yesterday was another full day around here. A little bit of sewing, washing two loads of summer clothes, cleaned the garage (again!), and lots of errands. Eventually it was time to sit down to relax. Then I worked on my cross-stitch (a Christmas stocking for Amara) through the evening. Today will be vac'g, dusting, and scrubbing the downstairs. (family room, laundry cubby, our bedroom, and master bath). Company comes Saturday so it's time to get ready. They are en route right now. I hope to get a little time in my sewing room but it's not high on the list for today. Tomorrow, I'll be cleaning the upstairs . . .kitchen, living/dining, bath, etc).

TINA - great to have you at the table yesterday! I hope you come back today. Sounds like you have been busy. What did you do to your sewing room that you had to "put it back"? I'm so happy your new chiro was able to help you. I know mine keeps me upright! I love him!

BECCA - well, since you probably have little control over your menus right now, you'll be excused for having banned salad. Just not too often, OK? ;) And Autumn and Antonio are only moving back to the house where he lived before they were married. It's still close to both their jobs. It's cheaper rent and they are trying to save money to buy a house one day.

CAROL - I knew you'd do great at the auction business! I don't think there's anything you can't do! I'm not sure I conquered the shirt pattern. The first one was my old pattern, but it was too small for my older grandson, which is why I had to find a second one and couldn't. That's when Jana came to the rescue and gave me one of hers. But I now know some things I'd do a little differently. Maybe the road will be a little less bumpy with the next one - if I decide to do it. As for meals for my sis's visit, I've made a list to choose from and have the fridge and pantry stocked. And we purchased Costco's frozen lasagna and mac & cheese and spinach raviolis. I decided not to make stuff from scratch to freeze.

LORI - you whipped that quilt up quickly! I often piece my backs with leftover fabrics. I've come up with some interesting backs! A few folks liked the back better than the front! I'm not sure that was a good thing - but oh well. And our little missy is doing well. She has a radiology appt soon to check her hips as she was in a very frank breech prosition for so long - the reason for the C-section. They send me photos or short videos several times a week. She is changing so quickly! I think she was smiling at me in one picture!

JANA - sorry that recipe was a bomb, but now you know. I hope the next one is a keeper. I read mysteries and many of them are culinary themed and include recipes. I've tried many of them. Some of them are great. Some get a thumbs down. The right house will come along for the kids when it's supposed to whether it's this house or not. I have full faith in things like this.

No real cooking here today. We are invited to an 8-person dinner party and I'm assigned appetizers. So I'll be making deviled eggs because I know the host loves them and a layered Mexican dip with tortilla chips. I'm not sure what supper is going to be. I've heard gumbo, salmon (ugh!), and steak. We're invited out tomorrow night, too. Plus we had to turn down a third invitation, also for tonite. When it rains it pours!

What's the plan at your house?

gershwin64

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 18

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:36 am

Good morning everyone! Stopping here before I get started for the day.
Mary, I had to move my sewing machine table to the side of my cutting table because I was finishing quilting a few lines on some blocks in a quilt and them putting binding on it. Really worked my shoulders and back out, but that was before the chiropractor visit. I'm ready to sew again.
Lori, love your quilt!
Becca, maybe the shop should be your tiny house ❤
Jana, oh my goodness that's a steep price tag for a house, I don't know how people afford houses these days. Our house payment was under $300, both our kids pay around $800 but theirs cost around $150,000 which is the average for here.
Carole, I'm still getting caught up with what's been going on but I'm trying. I've been trying to talk Holly in to taking the kids to Disneyland but she thinks it's too expensive but I looked it up online and I think it's not LOL maybe you can tell me what the price is for a day pass?
We've been having glorious rain everyday since Saturday, it's been wonderful! Our temps are staying in the low 80's. Love it!
Last night chicken fajitas didn't happen, I made a Chinese chicken stir fry type supper instead. I think I'll make the chicken fajitas for supper tonight.
I'm going to work on some flower blocks for the May lotto today.
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 18, 2023 9:57 am

Good Morning,

It is quite gloomy here today. We did get some sun yesterday afternoon however it came with a very chilly wind.

Maryz - Sounds like you have a great plan with little work to buy a few meals at Costco. Then you have dinner out several times this week to enjoy not cooking either.

Tina - I have an annual pass which allows me to go during the week with block out dates as much as I want to go. Disneyland is expensive. The first week of June during the week and last two weeks of August during the week the tickets are $104.00. The tickets go as high as $159.00-$169.00 on the weekend. In September the tickets do drop down to during the week. I do bring a water bottle and refill it. I also bring snacks. I do this mostly because I want to eat healthy. The snacks sold are too large for one person many times and you have to shop carefully to find a healthy snack. You can look at ticket prices at Disneyland website: https://disneyland.disney.go.com/admiss ... ets/dates/

Tonight is our designated Dinner out night to celebrate Mother's Day.

Carol

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 18, 2023 11:01 am

Good morning!

Tina - the kids here look for package days for Disneyland. Costco, AAA, sell package deals. The closer you get to California, the price on those deals rise. There are deals too online.

Mary - busy days deserve nights out for parties!

Carol - enjoy your dinner out too!

Me, around here not much. Daniel is looking at another house, just up the street and over to the south from Sarah and us. It's a better price, but will be tight to get a shop in. We'll, time to get lunch for Lila and her off to preschool. Kate is just doing testing and will be done with her day shortly.

Dinner - unknown, but we'll eat

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 18, 2023 1:40 pm

Hello everyone Cloudy here with rain moving in
Got walk in early thinking it would be hot & temps have dropped today Yippee
We just got back from Farmers Market Had lots of fresh veggies & flowers all kinds of things

Please pray for Brodee He goes to a new Neurologist tomorrow He hasn’t been doing good I didn’t know We appreciate every prayer His whole life has been a struggle but he’s so brave humble & sweet
He was born at 21 weeks if you remember
Maryz Yippee eating out not cooking is fun Enjoy You will have everything spiffy & organized
Carol I too thought Disney is expensive We went 3 times B or in Fla
Jana Sure Daniel will find the perfect house It’s not easy for young people buying a home
Tina So glad you are joining us Do take care Just happy you got help
We had Black beans with the Italian sausage over rice There’s leftovers & fresh broccoli too Mark got a key lime pie at Market. Becca
Maryz Just remember I have no control over menu lol

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Thu May 18, 2023 3:13 pm

Thought I'd stop in so I don't get behind 😊
Thank you for the DL info Carol, I want to go myself, so badly 😊
Jana, I sure hope they find the perfect house with a shop or room for one! Thank you too for the info on DL.
Becca, prayers for Brodee for sure 🙏
I made a really simple chocolate pudding pie for afters today.
Looks like we might hopefully get more rain this evening 🤞 Frankie mowed today and it is sooooo green and pretty now. The hummers have been really going through the food. I love watching them ❤
Tina

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 18, 2023 7:27 pm

Becca - Prayers for Brodee. How is his sister?

Tina - I will meet you there. From June 1st until mid August I cannot go. My pass is blocked.

Return to “Chit Chat”