Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 11

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 11

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu May 11, 2023 6:36 am

Good morning,

Our weather just keeps getting nicer and nicer here. We would be setting up our sprinklers for the summer if we weren't leaving this morning for a few days. We'll be back late Sunday afternoon. It's a 375 mile trip each way. We're going to break it into 2 days going, but we'll do it all in one day coming home. I think. We have Boondockers arriving on Monday so we can't dilly dally. This trip, nice as it will be, is for a sad reason - to celebrate our friend, Betsy's life. She was a dear person and we wouldn't think of missing this event.

JANA - sorry that Kari thinks this might not be the job for her after all. But I guess that's what interviews are for - you can find out about the company as they learn about you. I had an interview once and by the end of half hour we were almost in a fight! It was for a diet company and they wanted me to lie to their clients about the products they offered. And she tried to make ME feel like the bad guy for not being willing to do that! Has Keri thought about working in a new field?

BECCA - Frankie is really growing! I bet you wish you could get in a few snuggles! Whenever I'm in a quandry about what to fix for supper, I often think of your black beans over rice, topped with sliced green onions. One of these days, I'm going to do that!

CAROL - good to hear your kitty survived the day alone! Foxy always has dry food available and he gets a small teaspoon of Friskies pate for breakfast and supper. And if it's late, he lets me know! He always thinks he's on the verge of starvation - my 18# cat!

I'm not positive about supper yet tonite as we'll be at our Boondocker host's place. But if plans go accordingly, we'll get out our outdoor stove and grill hamburgers and have cottage cheese. And our club winery is only two miles from there, so we're stopping in for a free tasting and to pick up a couple cases of our favorite wine. We're stocking up for winter in Texas, where we can't get it. ;)

What's your plan?

I was just informed Bill is taking the computers so I may be here after all, even though I'll be gone - if that makes sense! :D

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, May 11

Post by Quilter7 » Thu May 11, 2023 2:18 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - We do not leave food down for our kitty because she eats too much and oh you know what. We very quietly did leave extra food for her on Tuesday and she did not eat it all, but was guarding it when we returned. There are no other animals in the house, but I think because she sees animals outside she thinks they can get in to eat her food.

Jana - I am sure the right position will come along for Kari, she is right in waiting for it. Did you get the same brand of dishwasher? You said this one was quiet so I was wondering if it was the same.

Becca - Are you out grocery shopping or walking? I have been to both Costco and grocery store. In between we dropped off a load at Goodwill.

I will be sewing this afternoon. Dinner will be Parmesan Chicken. I made some sauce last night from fresh tomatoes then realized I had already marinated the chicken. lol

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu May 11, 2023 3:27 pm

Hello everyone Hot here today I got walk in before the Sun decided to shine It was overcast and I was glad
Maryz I hope the Celebration of Life goes good CAs was very uplifting to me because everyone spoke of his good deeds & how kind ,generous & supportive he was when he was well I wish you the best
That is a long drive

Carol I went shopping yesterday Denise went today & invited me but I stayed home rather than getting ready
My friend who had the stroke Thry were sending her home today & she had another stroke before she got out of Hospital so they kept her I do hope she doesn’t continue to have mini strokes

Jana I’m sure Kari will make the right decision on her job It’s hard to work for an employer who wants you to be dishonest
I too would go elsewhere

Tonight we had banned cakes okra steamed & sweet potato fries
Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu May 11, 2023 3:38 pm

Good afternoon!

Way late today. Home from all the school runs and the little girls are outside playing. Karlie is not home yet, but I'm sure she'll join them at that time.

Dinner white banned chowder. Last night's dinner was changed to banned noodle cassarole and there's some left. Ethan may appear, as he has scouts tonight and I have food for him first.

I got my laundry done and Yoohoodi did his uglies. So since it's Thursday, I do my uglies, so I have my weekend free to play!

Yes, my dishwashers are the same brand as before. Fisher- Paykel. Mine are stacked as one unit, so that makes two of them. You can get them in a single dishdrawer, and have a cabinet underneath. This is my third set, one set was left in my California house, and this new one is a replacement, as it was wore out, my other, after 12 years of use. You know, their pre-planned demise by the manufacturer!

Mary - sad to have to go, after losing Betsy, but good to get together to remember all she meant to each other. Already planning your Texas trip. You are much more patient than me to get my hands on a new grandbaby! I do hate being a once a year grandma, when we lived in California! Oh, I feed Smokey the same brand of cat food! She gets her spoonful once a day and has "cookies" -dry cat food - to munch on the rest of the time. She's a small snacker.

Carol - Kari is thinking of leaving the insurance field and is looking at the schools, so she would be off the same as Karlie. Kari is wanting to be around more to do things with Karlie.

Weather is a bit chilly, but beautiful blue skies. Thunderstorm's are holding off for a few days. Our flooding is taking it's toll on canyon roads. One canyon road, up in Ogden was washed out completely by the river and is closed indefinitely. Many mudslides and the snow is only about 50 percent gone. There's still a huge amount up there and we will have snow melt into July.

Time to scoot,
Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”