Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 10

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 10

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed May 10, 2023 6:47 am

Good morning!

Our weather is slowly improving. We'll be about 70* today, going to upper 80's by the weekend, then backing slowly down again. I'm really hoping for warm weather for my sister's visit so we can enjoy our deck, have campfires, picnic suppers, etc. I love outside.

Yesterday was a tiny bit of sewing in the early morning - about 30 min. Then walk, shower, Costco, grocery, Pharmacy, UPS store, and Ace Hardware. Then home to bake 3 kinds of cookies. The nutty chocolate caramel bars, snickerdoodles, and Mexican Tea Cakes. I didn't sit down until 5pm last evening. I was wiped out. Today, is pack the trailer fridge and clean the house fridge. Nothing else productive. I might make a 2-mile run to Michael's looking for a double 4x6" frame. And maybe I'll sew. Or read. Or work on a jigsaw puzzle. My sister gave me a difficult 1,000 piece puzzle for Christmas. It's out on the table and I'll never get it finished before she gets here next week, so the joke's on her. She'll end up having to work on it! :lol: :lol: :lol: I love being the little sister!

BECCA - you really put on a lot of miles! I used to walk that far, but nowadays, I'm down to 1-1/2 to 2 miles. We have walking trails and neighborhoods to walk through. This celebration of life is a very casual, wear jeans or shorts, affair at Betsy's best friend's house. (I'll be wearing a black skort and a nice black and white tee shirt, if you want to know). All finger food, we're told and I expect outdoors. It's hard to get exact info out of Bob, so we're going prepared to contribute. I figure cookies don't need refrigeration or preparation since we'll be in our trailer, and if they don't want them, they can go back to the freezer.

LORI - sorry about your dad's clothes washer breaking down. Sounds like your DB needs some laundry lessons. There was no fixing it? We have a friend who used to be a repairman and he said all appliances are now designed to have a life expectancy of only 5-8 years. Our Maytags are 30 years old. Our friend advised us to keep them as long as possible. So far, so good.

JANA - I hope Kari's interview went well. It will be nice for her to get this new job. Does she have any idea of pay? More? Less? About the same? Will she work from home or office if she gets it? Glad the dishwasher(s) are a hit!

CAROL - What a nice day you had! Sounds very relaxing. How is your kitty?

Our supper tonite is going to be mac and cheese and salad.

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, May 10

Post by Quilter7 » Wed May 10, 2023 8:21 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Yes, we had a very relaxing day. The cat was fine. DH fed her breakfast and I told him to quietly give her more food in her dish. He said she had not finished what she had but put more in. When we got home she was sitting in a chair in the room and still had food in her dish. She was perfectly happy!

Your cookies sound very good. It is always a good idea to show up with cookies.

Jana - You might want to see if there are any estate sales in your area. Often there are tools and clamps are among the most desired items. My brother told me to always look for clamps when at an estate sale.

Becca - It is cloudy here today, but I will get out for a walk. Our neighborhood is very hilly too. It is great exercise.

I will be sewing today. I also will be washing fabric. Dinner will be chicken.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Wed May 10, 2023 10:33 am

Hello everyone sunny here headed into 80s
Had my walk then went shopping
My DGDs DHs Grandmother had a stroke yesterday She is a friend of mine I really hated it She can’t speak yet but her mind is good

Frankie went to Pediatrician today She is now 91/2 lbs so she is growing and 231/2 ins long She only whimpered when she got her shot so she’s a trooper

Maryz Im sure you will get some pretty days while DS is there You was a busy bee yesterday making tracks

Lori Someone needs to clue DB in how to wash That’s horrible he ruined the machine

Carol So you have hills too It makes for a better workout Enjoy your sewing 🧵 day

Last night we had black beans over rice & roasted sweet potatoes cut in tiny cubes
And fresh pineapple
No clue on tonight. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed May 10, 2023 2:36 pm

Good afternoon!

Sitting here at the school waiting for dismissal time for Gracie. She'll be out shortly. Lila is playing with a travel magnetic paper doll set I have.

Dinner - I'm leaning towards sour cream chicken enchiladas for our dinner. I have rotisserie chicken, so they'll be easy to assemble.

Mary - cookies, we need cookies in this house! LOL! Not really, but a warm cookie and glass of milk sounds perfect right now!

Carol - that sounds like a great day trip yesterday . We like to do trips like that around her. Especially over the not so used pass to Park City, but it's still snow bound, maybe until July!

Baca- hard when friends are I'll. Hope she regains some of her life before the stroke.

My new dishwasher is great and oh so quiet. That's so needed in open architecture house, which mine is.

Karo didn't take the other job awhile ago, so this is a whole new one. She's not sure now about this job after the interview and what they write insurance for. So she's still looking.

Well, bell rang and Gracie is coming,

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”