Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 9th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue May 09, 2023 6:48 am

Good morning!

Well, my cleaning is done. Done enough, anyway. I don't want to come to the end of my life and say I wish I'd done more housework. How sad that would be. Though I do plan to do one load of towels this morning and then we're off to Costco and Freddie's, Target (CVS for Rx), and fetch the mail. And I want to bake two batches each of snickerdoodles and Nutty chocolate caramel bars to take to the life celebration we're going to in Oregon. It's going to be a finger food affair, I believe. I might do that today or tomorrow and freeze them. We leave Thursday but the gathering isn't until Saturday so freezing seems like a good idea so they won't be stale. I will probably spend a little time in my sewing room today, too. Work on that poor neglected shirt or OWL's April block? Which would be more fun? (not much of a contest!) Decisions, decisions.

JANA - it's dishwasher day today! Yay for you! And Costco, too! I'll be there, waving at you, from the chocolate chip and ice cream aisles. And I'm happy to hear Daniel and family share my opinion on CATFOOD! Ugh! But you know - liver is even worse!!

CAROL - today is your fun day, right? Off to Temecula and environs? Have a fun time! I hope you find something wonderful and on sale at that quilt shop! So yesterday - was it floors or sewing? We have to know. And yes, lots to do when we get home from this little sashay down to Oregon before my sis arrives. Empty trailer AGAIN, yard work, last minute house chores, laundry, and then planning meals, shopping, and maybe even prepping/freezing ahead of time. All that being said, our friends are camping at the coast down at the mouth of the Columbia - where we were with them a few weeks ago - a 3-1/2 hour drive. He is hurt - tore leg muscle and was in ER yesterday. They are supposed to come home on Sunday and if he can't drive, we might have to go down and Bill will drive their trailer back for them. It will be a timing dance if that happens as we are also coming home on Sunday from the opposite side of the state. Doyle thinks he will be OK, but right now he's on hydrocodone and is feeling pretty good. We'll see what happens there . . .

BECCA - You are right! We do stay busy packing and unpacking that trailer! lol! And we're going again for 4 nights June 5-9. But we gotta use it while we can. Who knows what's around the next corner for any of us. Yes, you gave us a little mystery. I pondered the Glaucoma/guacamole question for quite a while. lol! Thanks for the laugh.

I've been stalling - I didn't have a clue about our supper tonite but then remembered I have spinach raviolis in the freezer. So I think that will be what we have tonite - with alfredo sauce. And a salad.

What's your plate going to hold tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, May 9th

Post by Becca » Tue May 09, 2023 8:21 am

Hello everyone nice breezy sunny day here Supposed to be 87 high Sunday it’s supposed to be 90 That means early walks
A lady stopped me this morning to ask how far I go each day I told her 4to41/2 but yesterday it was 5.7 Some days 61/2
Great place to walk here & it’s all up & down not flat so it’s better for you
Maryz know those cookies will be good Denise baked hers for the kids at Church
We had our Celebration of Life catered I never heard of taking food Guess it can be either one

We had turkey bacon Blueberry pancakes and fruit salad last night Have no clue on tonight
Have a great day everyone Hugs Becca
Jana Hope the dishwashers get installed with no problem

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue May 09, 2023 10:10 am

Mary, that would be sad. You can constantly clean, and there's always more to do. Have fun baking.

Carol, you must be going to Between Stitches today. I was there last month. It's a cute shop, but small.
I always seem to find something to buy.

My dad's was broke and there has been water in the garage where it is located. I had him call a plumber because of the water, but it was just the washer. So off to Bestbuy yesterday evening for a new one.
The plumber quoted my dad $1,300, I found one at Bestbuy for under 6 with delivery, and haul away.
We have Bestbuy tech so it pays for the extra stuff. Definitely worth it. His washer will be here Thursday.
My brother overloads the washer. It's a small tub and he had a large lap quilt and a full load of clothes in there the other day. Which no doubt led to the demise of the washer. He also uses way to much soap.
More is better, right?

I finished quilting my "Long Time Gone," and about 1/2 done sewing on the binding. That's a priority today to finish. I love the way it came out.

I think we'll be doing a late lunch or I'll meet up with guild ladies before guild for dinner. Probably mexican.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue May 09, 2023 11:19 am

Good afternoon!

My install tech will be here in about 30 minutes. Can't wait! Everything is out from under the sink, took all of one minute for both baskets of stuff.

Home from Costco and Harmon's, a local grocery store. Even stopped at a specialty store for a cinnamon roll. Dinner will ravioli, salad, and garlic cheese bread.

While at Costco, some pretty red carpet roses, 2 pots, jumped in my cart. These will go on the porch. Later, we'll get more for the front lawn area. Some in the backyard too.

Haven't talked to Kari yet to see how the interview went.

Ready to sew, just keep getting squireled!

Oh, he's here,

Hugs,
Jana

Installed and running, oh so quietly! Now off to Home Depot for some glass watering globes for my new plants.

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue May 09, 2023 5:31 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - Sewing won out yesterday. The floors can wait. The Nutty Chocolate Caramel Bars sound scrumptious!! Yes, it was a fun day today! We went to the Temecula History Museum then walked along Front Street to Between Stitches Quilt Shop, walked back to our car and drove to French Valley Airport for lunch. Lunch was half a BLT and Salad for me and half a BLT and French Onion Soup for DH. Then we went to Calloway Winery and Bailey Winery. We bought one bottle of wine at each place and then drove home. The drive one-way was one and a half hours a little more in the afternoon. We had a wonderful time and are more relaxed. DH really needed this little get-a-way. I bought a few pieces of fabric, thread and another marker at the Quilt Shop. My old Clover marker is not working properly.

Lori - It is a really nice store and has a good variety of fabrics.

Jana - Glad the new dishwasher arrived and is working perfectly!!

Becca - You walk a long way! I average about 3 miles a day.

Dinner will be Chicken Pot Pies.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”