Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club Thursday, March 23

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club Thursday, March 23

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 23, 2023 6:16 am

Good morning!

And happy birthday to me! It’s going to be a great birthday - I woke up! There comes a time in life when that’s all it takes to make any day a great day! Lol!

Seems several of you tossed the F-word around yesterday with careless abandon when talking about your supper. Since it’s a big week for birthdays – Becca, me, and Carol‘s hubby - we will just declare it a fishy week. Eat it if you got it! Just not me!!

Carol, congratulations on your ribbon!! You deserved it and more!

Tina, I hope now the new water heater is in place and the dishwasher is behaving. Are your appliances gas?

Jana, Bill did our taxes and submitted them the day before we left for camping. We always make a paper copy for our records. We have windows 10. We fought it for a while but when we bought new computers last year they came with 10. But Bill says it’s OK but he’s not going to 11.

Becca, you really did have a day of eating yesterday! Breakfast out, a visit to an old-timey ice cream shop, and a special dinner cooked just for you. Don’t know that it gets any better than that! I’m waiting to hear news of your baby! 👶

I hope Lori is having as nice a time at her beach as I’m having at mine. But today will be rainy- A good day to run around in the truck. We will go to the Warm and Natural factory to pick up batting, a stop at a Quilt Shop, and then on to Bill‘s sisters house for supper. Her hubby is making chicken enchiladas for us. We’ve had them before and they are amazing. He uses his Mexican mom’s recipe. He has shared the recipe with me but mine are never as good as his. Scotty will go with us but poor Foxy has to stay by himself back in the trailer. He is not a Fan of shopping. 🙀😾

I hope y’all have as great a day as I am going to!

Quilter7

Re: Supper Club Thursday, March 23

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:14 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - Happy Birthday!! Your cake sounds really good. I made DH a Chocolate Cake with Chocolate frosting using Ghirardelli Chocolate. It was really good however I think it kept us awake last night.

Thank you Maryz and Tina for the kind words. I am very happy to have received a ribbon.

I look at the California Drought Map every Thursday when it is posted. It is absolutely amazing to see it today! There are still areas of drought in California but there is a lot of progress. I also look at the reservoir levels. Shasta is at 101% of historical average. It was so dry when we passed it last September! It is the largest reservoir in California so I am really glad to see it is full. All of the reservoirs show significantly higher levels of water. We complained so much about the lack of rain for the past few years I thought I would share the very good news!

We are planning on having lunch with a friend of mine. He lives in Florida but originally from California. He is probably not going to be able to make the trip again so it will be good to see him. I am not sure how much sewing I will get done today but will sew this evening a little.

It rained a bit overnight, so the streets are wet. I will probably go for a walk rather than go to the gym. I suggested we meet for lunch at 12:30 PM.

Becca - Glad you had such a nice birthday!

Tina - Glad everything went well, and all is repaired. I wipe down the inside of the door every time I open the dishwasher. There is always water on it and it drains to the floor.

Jana - Glad you got your taxes filed. I have Windows 10 but DH uses Firefox. He does have Windows 10 on the computer we take on vacation. He uses Linex operating system. He is also writing programs all the time and doesn't like Windows.

Lori - Hope you are enjoying your vacation. It should be a nicer day today.

Dinner tonight is a big question mark. I am sure we will eat a bigger lunch so may have our usual lunch for dinner.

Have a great day!
Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 23, 2023 10:54 am

Hello to all Beautiful day here with sun in 70s Ialreadyhave 2 walks in I went to Greenway with Denise We saw lots of turtles wild mallard duck Lots of different birds finch woodpeckers etc
Carol Congrats on your ribbon You do beautiful work always Hope the lunch is enjoyable
Maryz Do have a super spectacular Birthday filled with all
Kinds of fun & goodies I’m not a big cake fan so I didn’t have one Much prefer fruit or ice cream
Tina I’m glad to hear you got those appliances working again
I’m working ona tea towel Will get outside some too May help Denise in her flower bed I sure know how
Have a great day everyone. Becca
We have tons of leftovers so that’s our Finner

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:09 pm

Mary, Happy birthday. Yes I'm having a fun retreat. Lot's of sewing and shopping.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”