Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

Supper Club. Tuesday, March 21

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

Supper Club. Tuesday, March 21

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:57 am

Good morning,

I could have sworn I posted yesterday before we left. But I bet I forgot to hit submit. Anyway, we had macaroni and cheese and salad for supper last night. Anyway, we had macaroni and cheese and salad for supper last night. It was Costco’s frozen. It is so good

Today will be 54° and sun/cloud. Can’t ask for better weather at the beach in March. We will walk to the beach-a pretty long walk. And hang out with the seagulls. Scotty loves to chase them. I didn’t bring enough fusible to trace my home sweet home blocks so I guess I will do more reading and walking than sewing This trip. Just as well.

Tonight we are going to grill steaks outside. Actually, we’re going to Grille one steak and split it. Trying to decide if we’re going to bake potatoes or have leftover macaroni and cheese. Salad is a given. Maybe I will add another vegetable, too. Perhaps green beans. I love camping food!

QuiltGram8

Re: Supper Club. Tuesday, March 21

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 6:08 am

Hi Maryz. So glad you are enjoying your camping trip. Sound lovely, long walk on beach.
Yesterday we did leftover chili, still have one serving each, so that's lunch. Now, to plan for tonight. I wanted to do a chicken on rotisserie, but chicken is so pricy right now, plus the bird looked too large. I found a pork loin, and thinking about tying it with the cord and do it on rotisserie??? Still undecided.
I do have a pork rub seasoning, so just might try that. Then put salad, potato, veggie, etc. with that.
Back to sewing project later. Still working on school bags.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 21, 2023 10:20 am

Hello everyone sunny here Just had my walk for today
Denise is taking me to the Hospice Grief support group this afternoon If I don’t like it I won’t go back
MaryzI love walks o beach Enjoy your relaxing time I know now what the trip is for your Birthday
Velda You always remind me of when I used to make backpacks for our Church I usually make 4 or 5 dozen at a time
Denise is making banned stew tonight
Becca

gershwin64

Post by gershwin64 » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:52 pm

Hi everyone!
Mary, your beach birthday get away sounds ideal, enjoy!
Velda, it's crazy how much chicken is these days especially when you think it only takes 10 months to get them to butcher maturity and a cow takes at least 2 years... price per pound makes my eyes spin.
Becca, I hope you like the group.

I've just been doing things around the house, a little sewing here and there. Our wind and dirt is bad so I hardly go outside which gets rough but I'll get through it I always do.
I made a chicken pot pie for supper with lots of veggies and we all liked it a lot.
Tina

Return to “Chit Chat”