Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 19th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 19th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:02 am

Good morning,

Happy St. Joseph's Feast Day! The day the swallows return to Capistrano every year.

Yesterday was filled with lots of different activities - laundry, yard work, prepping cats to applique, campfire, and company. Today will be loading fresh fridge stuff and sewing stuff into trailer, maybe a bit more yard work, and more playing with fabric. I'll cut cat backgrounds and do some more thinking about my Home Sweet Home blocks.

CAROL - Glad you are having a bit of good weather. I've not been to the Reagan Library but want to go one day. Our grandsons have gone and spent hours there. They loved it! Happy Birthday on Wed to your hubby! I've received a couple of those messages of Covid exposure. Nothing happened. But it was good to know. I hope you are OK.

BECCA - Asa and Zeke! Now I remember! Zeke was Bill's Dad's nickname for some reason His real name was Roman - perhaps that's why. :lol: And my dad named his tractor Zeke. Neat that both boys have their papas' names. Our two grandsons also have their natural papa's names, Andrew Roy and Alexander Michael.

VELDA - your days are always so full! When you piece your batting, do you use a strip of fusible interfacing/tape or do you zigzag stitch? Just curious. I used to use the fusible tape. When I ran out Cindy suggested using strips of 1-sided fusible interfacing - much cheaper. But now I mostly use a wide/tight zigzag.

LORI - have fun at the beach retreat! What all projects are you taking? I guess I'll be having a 1-person quilting-at-the-beach retreat of my own. We're to be about 48-50 degrees and might not even have rain for two of our four days! Stellar weather for the WA coast in March. 8-)

Last night's supper turned a bit 'unplanned'. Weather was nice so, after a few hours of yard work, we had our first campfire of the year in our firepit at 3:30 and invited Tex & Annette for glass of wine around the fire. At 4:30 they responded and said they were on their way. They live about 10 min away. (we'd already come inside by then and had our indoor fire going). They arrived at 5:45. By 7:00 we were starved and asked them if they'd like to join us for impromptu chili burgers and they said they'd already eaten. (But we hadn't!). So after they left at 8:30, we ended up just eating the salad I'd fixed and called it supper. So tonite we'll be having our chili burgers. And inviting NOBODY for ANYTHING! :lol:

So how's your supper plan coming along?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 19th

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 19, 2023 10:12 am

Hello everyone Sunny here but cold Denise & Mark are walking at Garden but too cold for me
Enjoyed Church this AM Friend here who gave me her scarps is moving away
Maryz Imsure your kitty quilt willbe cute too I love SBS
We had tomatoe soup with pimento cheese sandwiches for lunch Dinner will be light
Hope everyone has a blessed day I’m watching March Madness Some I like better than others. Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Mar 19, 2023 11:20 am

Good afternoon from a chilly, semi sunny, SW. Pa....Our weather has really been goofy...I do believe Mother Nature has gone off her meds...Just the other day, Kevin was golfing, probably in the high 60s, today 40s and then warmer until Wed....But, it's still officially winter, for a few more days......Just had a call from Kathy and she's finally able to make reservations to come east...I haven't seen her since Christmas and then I was sick, so this will be a much better visit...She said her job gets in the way of their traveling, lol....

Mary, I'm excited about the cat/kitty quilt but I'm sure, in time, you'll be making the SBS....Don't you just love when supper plans are rearranged? But, you still were able to visit with friends and that means alot....I had my 1st real night out...My nephew's band was playing at a smokeless local club and he's been after me to hear them so friends picked me up and we stayed until the last song...I even had a drink, just one! But, it was such good fun...He knows I have a favorite song and sure enough, put a chair up near the band and he hopped off the stage and played for me....Great bunch of guys, had my toes tapping all night.....Of course, yesterday, didn't do a darn thing, lol.......

Becca, sounds like you are doing very well and I'm sure Denise is really going to hate seeing you move into your new place...Was just thinking what are the odds to have 3 sets of twins, that in it's self is a miracle.....

Today might be another kind of lazy day...But a good day to just stay close to my sewing machine...I just have a couple more blocks for the baby quilt and then I want to cross stitch hearts around her name.
As for my dinner, I didn't get my corned beef dinner made, so I'm celebrating St. Paddy's day, all over again....Been thinking of Jim a lot, he thought we needed to celebrate the whole month of March....The other day, Mary, posted making the whole green meal...Brings back so many good memories...We had 1 bakery that would dye their bread and I'd make green egg salad and of course the shamrock cookies or green cake and Jim would dress, completely in green, down to his skivvies....He was the plant manager and had quite a few employees that would tease and make sure he was all green...He also marched along the Hibernians and our granddaughters in the Pittsburgh parade...After the parade, the girls then had "gigs" all over the city...Such fun times, but I'm sure, he and his Irish cronies had a big party in Heaven.....

Well enough of my novel....

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating..............

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:27 pm

Good Evening,

Dinner tonight was Chicken, Potatoes, Broccoli and Salad. Nothing fancy to this meal.

Maryz - Have fun at the Beach!

Lori - You too! Hope you have a great time!

Irish - It is a good day today to celebrate! I believe everyday we are alive is a day to celebrate.

It is raining and will be for a few days then we will once again have sunny days. I have nowhere to go the next few days. I will spend a few days sewing. Oh, guess I will be going to Guild meeting on Tuesday. All is good there!

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:10 pm

I've been busy getting ready for my retreat. I leave tomorrow about 1230. I need to pick up a few things in the morning and pack the car. I also need to pack clothes. That's always last.

My car battery was acting up, so my DS changed it out for me today.

Mary, bummer about your friends. That seems to happen s lot lately. I know you'll still have a great time. It's supposed to rain a few days for us well.

We had enchiladas for dinner.

Sleep well.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”