Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 18th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 18th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:17 am

Good morning,

We're a little warmer this morning. Yay to that! Yesterday was 64* in the afternoon and I was able to dry my flannel backing on the clotheslines. We also put the cushions out on the deck furniture and sat outside for an hour or so with a glass of chardonnay. First deck sitting of the season! Foxy loved it and didn't come in until after 8pm!

I got my carrot cake made and into the trailer freezer. Then I made pie dough and froze it, too. I have apple pie filling so if/when we want pie, it's ready to go. Not sure we'll need all that, though, as our friends called us last night and said they might cancel. They very often do this at the last minute, and they always have a very good reason, but still . . . .this happens all the time. She got into a doctor in Seattle that she's been trying to see for several weeks. He had a cancellation and she couldn't pass it up. And we encouraged him to go with her. More important than a camping trip. So, we will probably be on our own, which is OK. I can handle being in my sweetie's company for four days. Probably. At least for most of those days. :lol:

My ISBS project has turned into appliqued cats that I'll do in 30's/40's reproduction fabrics. A good thing I accidentally let my idea slip to Aut. She's never met Sunbonnet Sue but she loves cats and asked if I would make a cat quilt for her baby girl instead. So on to Plan B! I have a whole book of cat appliques and each cat will be different.

CAROL - I bet your doctor is glad that he has at least one patient who listens to him! Even I listened - a little bit - I found my Fit Bit! Now to find the charger. . . . Good point - if Sarah is riding shotgun with Woodstock and Snoopy, I guess she might be Spike. And they need to go through Needles, home of Spike!

BECCA - I'm glad the doctors are doing some more cogitating before deciding how to treat Gabriel. All us honorary aunties are rooting for him! Scones! You made me think of scones. I have blueberries in my freezer. I should make scones for camping. . .

JANA - great teaching moments for your littles! (and great for you, too! :D ) We've been to Wendover. Several times. No disagreement here! I never made corned beef but we did have a traditional St. Patrick's Day dinner when the kids were little - BBQ pie with green crust, green mashed potatoes, green beans or peas, green slime (your "stuff"), green biscuits, green Kool Aid, and green tapioca. We had a green tablecloth, flowers, candles, clothes. Even the dog was hankied in green. The kids loved it!

LORI - When I was looking for my SBS book a few days ago I pulled several other booklets that I think I'll never use and will get rid of. It's not a file box full (yet), but it's a start! I also love the Sawtooth Star. There is a website of blocks and quilts - all free - Marcia Cohen? - and she calls the Sawtooth Star "Austin". Since that's my maiden name, I'm going with that! :D

I have a small container of leftover homemade chili in the freezer so we are having that over baked potatoes tonite. Or, more likely half a baked potato. We can't eat as much as we used to.

What's going on your plate tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 18th

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:40 am

Happy International Quilting Day!

Maryz - Hope you find the charger. I saw yesterday that Best Buy sells the charger for about $20. I hope mine comes with one, but not sure? If not I will buy one at BB. Guess you are glad you let it slip to Aut about SBS. Cats should be quite interesting, but I like your heritage idea for the SBS. Hope you will make that too. It will be a point of conversation about her heritage.

Becca - Maryz is probably correct and it is a good idea for the doctors to consult.

Lori - I think I just have to go lift weights a few times a week. I went yesterday and did 30 minutes worth. I don't know how much fat I will turn into muscle doing this, so I may need to work in some yoga too.

My DH has a birthday on this coming Wednesday. It is supposed to be rainy. We have a beautiful clear day today with highs going to low 70's in the Valleys, so we decided to take advantage of the good weather and go to the Reagan Library today. It has Air Force One Plane that apparently you can walk in. There are also other exhibits. It should be very interesting.

I received a message this morning I was near someone with Covid. I tested negative on Thursday. It could have been at the Gym yesterday. Yuck!!! I sure do not want that again!

Dinner tonight will be leftover Pork Chops and Rice Casserole.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:29 am

Hello everyone cloudy here and cool
We just finished our cleaning I did bathrooms and dusting
Maryz Asa & Zeke are only 7 months younger than Gabriel & Aniston They are first cousins Asa is Asa David & Zeke is Alexander Both named for their Papas
Both wrestle & Asa won State Championship for his age group Both are competitive
Brodee is doing good Levi said he still goes for PT & OT He can now run & not fall so that’s a big step Hadlee is cheering She is a hand full
Carol Your DH & I share the same birthday date Hope you enjoy your day out doing fun things

I never know what’s for Dinner We finished the soup last night Denise made cheese biscuits Trying to fatten us I guess Lol
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:05 pm

We had a wonderful time at the Reagan Library today. I did test before I went and tested negative. The app said I was exposed on Monday-Tuesday, so probably at the Speaker Series. Today we wore masks.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:32 pm

Hi everyone. Dinner was pork steak, sweet potato, great beans, and apple salad. Yummy!
I was busy piecing batting, then sandwiching lap quilts and tying. I have two more to tie, then will have eight completed.
I have a stack of school bags ready to stitch, so I think I better get those finished.
Time for Wheel of Fortune. Always a rerun on Saturday night.
Then a Hallmark movie night.
Enjoy your evening.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:06 pm

We had take out Chinese food. I've been busy preparing projects for my retreat at the beach this week. It supposed to rain a few days, but who cares when you're at the beach.

Sleep well ladies.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”