Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 16th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 16th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:22 am

Good morning,

We are 33* this morning, but going to a high of 55*, and breaking 60* tomorrow and the weekend. I'm ready for it! I made burgers and froze them yesterday in anticipation of some grilling weather. I might even make homemade hamburger buns using a great recipe Judi gave me a few years ago.

Yesterday was chiro, grocery shopping, sewing, and dinner out. My back is in good shape, the pantry and freezer stocked, my quilt is moving along, and I'm still coasting on last night's meal. Yum! Today will be more sewing. I think I'll have my quilt top finished, as in DONE, by tomorrow. Then to find backing. I'm going to need 10 yds. It's a big quilt. Not going to put batting in it. The scrap fabrics are sewn onto muslin squares, plus untrimmed seam allowances. With flannel backing, it's going to be heavy enough! And it will be 100x110 inches to fit our king bed and have a long drop on the sides and at the foot. Whew! It's been a project!

BECCA - I was thinking you would be living closer to Denise. But I guess it's a lot closer than you used to be. Is Gabriel's appt today? Praying for his little self. And I love pumpkin pie. But then, I love most pies. 🥧 I'm excited for your new baby. Have you heard of any names being bandied about?

CAROL - I don't care for regular pepperoni - too greasy - but I use turkey pepperoni in my pizzas at home. I like it much better. Also is a great addition to a cheese and cracker tray. Bill's trailer project was converting the trailer from 30 amp to 50 amp. To do this he had to run wire through the underneath and in the walls of the trailer. It meant removing the stove, and some of the kitchen drawers, shelves in the pantry, under sink, and even in the bathroom med cabinet to access where he needed to run wire. And everything that was on the shelves was spread all over the trailer. Of course, he could never get things back so they fit. As you know, in an RV, space is limited and everything has to go back "just so" or it doesn't go back at all! So that was my job, plus I picked up tiny scraps of wire, electrical tape, etc. He vacuumed yesterday so now we're good to mess it all up again, camping! We wanted 50 amp so we could add a second AC unit if necessary next trip to Texas. We might go a little earlier, per Aut's request (she wants a babysitter when she returns to work) and it might be a lot warmer. If we are babysitting, our pets will stay in the trailer and we don't want them to get overheated. I wonder, when the mathemeticians work out what American's spend on their pets every year, if they add in expenses such as this . . . :lol:

LORI - Spaghetti sauce simmering smells sooo good! What do you use the raspberry sauce for? Ice cream topping? Crepes? I can picture Wrigley laying out in the rain a big golden grin on his face! :lol:

We have pork chops and scalloped potatoes left over from last night so that's my supper plan for tonite. And a salad. I have all fresh salad makings after all the shopping I've done in the past few days.

What's YOUR plan?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 16th

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:49 am

Hello to all sunny & in60s
Got my walk in early today
Maryz No names have been mentioned Imsure they have them but not sharing yet
Denise will be 1hr & 15 mins It was 31:2 hrs so much closer Just lots of traffic to get there
Your quilt will be Hugh I have never made a King only Queen
Yes today is they day for Gabriel’s consultation I’m praying it’s not any after effects
Denise is making a pot of Chicken soup so that will be our main dish
Have a great day everyone. Hugs Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:41 pm

Good afternoon!

Plans changed. No Lila today, so I'm just sewing. More stars. I think there's a gremlin hiding in my box that is un-sewing my previously sewn stars! I did find my Olfa cutter - Michael had moved it, back down to the Batt Cave. It's back up here and hidden from littles.

The funeral is Saturday afternoon. We drive up to Ogden, weather will cooperate and be nice. I have a old friend who is Joseph's mom's friend as well and I hope to get to see her too. This friend lives up a bit farther north and we don't get to see each other very often.

Sandee's motor home is going to the dealer on Saturday, so she and Daniel are clearing it out and Daniel is making sure any dings on the inside are fixed. The new fifth wheel is also being delivered then too. Sandee still needs a hitch for her truck to haul it. The truck has a new name, polar bear didn't stick, as when you look at the truck, the big mirrors on the sides are black, and the hood/radiator area is also black, so it looks like Snoopy, Charlie Brown's dog. Sandee is a huge Peanuts fan and collector. The trailer will be the doghouse that belongs to Snoopy. Woodstock will be there somewhere too.

Dinner - my large, very large soft meatballs in Sunday gravy. Pasta on the side. These meatballs are about the size of a fist, you only need one.

Mary - whoo hoo - another big quilt in the done file! Your camping trip is to the ocean? It looks to be good weather next week.

Becca - hope everything went well at the Dr appointment. It's so hard with littles.

Well, my sewing awaits me,

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:51 pm

Good Afternoon,

This morning I had my annual. Dr. is concerned about my heartrate (low) and BP (slightly high). He wanted to me to get a FitBit so it is ordered. I will watch my salt intake too and go back to the gym for weight exercises. I will go back at end of July. Good news my A1C is very good! I am holding diabetes at bay. Getting old is not for sissies!

I have not been sewing yet today, but did get a load of laundry done.

Dinner will be Pork Chops and Rice.

Jana - Glad you found the rotary cutter. I think all of our imaginations were going wild with the idea that Karlie had found it. Glad Michael put it safely away.

Maryz - Perhaps your next camping trip will be a good test for your new amps. Glad you got all the mess cleaned up before you needed to start packing.

Lori - I had sauce simmering the other day and it smelled just wonderful. I too am curious how you use raspberry sauce.

Becca - Hoping Gabriel's appointment went well. Chicken Soup sounds very good. Enjoy!

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 4:15 pm

Hello everyone. It's after supper now. Dirty dishes washed and put away.
Menu was homemade meatballs in Potato Stroganoff Hamb Helper. Side salad and pineapple angel food cake for dessert. If you want the recipe it's available all over Internet, Pinterest, Betty Crocker, Facebook,etc. Two ingredients: Angel food cake mix, 1 can of crushed pineapple. Absolutely delicious!!!
Now Wheel of Fortune and after that, a Hallmark movie. Relaxing evening!
Sending prayers for all. 🙏🤗🕊️
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Return to “Chit Chat”