Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 15th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 15th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:56 am

Good morning!

The Ides of March - the day Julius Caesar was assasinated in the year 44 B.C. Let's hope we all have a better day than he did!

Yesterday was Costco. I got two pairs of glasses but it took forever and a half between the wait time and then the time it took to measure for my lenses. Then we shopped. After that it was another 1-1/2 hours to put everything away, make lunch, and get supper going. Then I cleaned the trailer. I had cleaned it after getting home from Texas, but Bill has been out working on major improvements and that man can really make a mess of things! After that, I spent an hour in my sewing room. Making Crazy progress!

JANA - that had to be a heart stopping moment for poor Kate when she got that text! A testament to her fortitude that she didn't lose it while fighting the fire. Her teachers should be made aware of how she kept her cool. And we're hoping Kumquat will continue with her "Matthew" and turn herself.

BECCA - glad you got the power company squared away. At least I hope that's the last of it for you. And your tires aired up! That's important! When you move, will you still be close to Denise? How are Marty and Estel doing? Are you closer to them now or further away?

LORI - I like Buttermilk Basin's projects, though I haven't done one in a few years. I have two books. Scottie loves to walk no matter what the weather. But as a sheltie, you know his coat is much like your Wrigley's. We have to keep a towel in the garage just for him. We wipe him down, including his paws, and then he goes inside and rubs on the furniture! Naughty Scottie!

CAROL - I always liked Bob Eubanks. I didn't know all that about him. I like having my teeth cleaned, too, but AFTER the cleaning is done and I get the word I have no problems! I think we're going next month. I have a chipped tooth but don't think it needs 'fixing'.

We're going out for supper tonite. McMenamin's in Tacoma. Not sure if there are any in CA but several in WA and OR. This company takes old large empty buildings and refurbishes them into hotel/restaurants. Buildings like schools, former hotels, etc., and this one is the old Elks building. The decor is eclectic antique. The menu is high end pub fare. We went there for our anniversary and really enjoyed it. Friends are going with us and even offered to drive.

Happy supper!

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wednesday, March 15th

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:22 am

Hello everyone sunny here but cold Hoping it warms up Its been a cold week
Maryz I am much farther from Marty & Estel Will be glad to get to see them more often
Denise will be 1 hr & 15 mins away Alex & all his family live there 23 in all

Our sweet baby is due soon We are so thankful she has carried it full term They are anxious To also find out if it’s a boy or girl On the 25
I have been talking care of more business this AM Denise is working on their taxes

Jana That’s great she kept her cool They have to be so dedicated to do that job Our DGS was a firefighter

Hope everyone has a great day Yesterday Denise B made a pumpkin pie for pie day
Today I see Chicken & Broth thawing
Hugs Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:18 am

Good Morning,

I really need to go buy some chicken today. Yesterday dinner turned into Pasta and Meat Sauce. I did not want to go out in the rain. We have had 2.25 inches of rain in the past 24 hours. It is quite foggy here and drizzly too.

Maryz - Dinner out sounds like a wonderful plan! Yes, the Ides of March is today. The trailer must be quite spiffy now. What projects did Bill do by the way?

Becca - Pumpkin Pie is one of my favorites. My DH decided to have Pizza Pie for lunch. He likes pepperoni and I do not, so he has a whole pizza to himself. I think he froze the leftover pizza.

Jana - So great that Kate kept her cool. Your family is totally connected with your texts!

This afternoon will be a sew-in on Zoom so guess I had better get to store. Dinner will be Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Salad and Broccoli.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:11 pm

Mary, the boys don't care if it's raining either. Wrigley goes and and sits in the yard in the rain. We have to make him come in so he doesn't get soaked. Jack is pretty much water proof. Giving him a bath is fun. The water just rolls off of his coat.

Carol, your dinner sounds yummy.

Becca, pumpkin is one of my favorites.

I did the grocery shopping this morning. Then came home and made meatballs, and spaghetti for my dad.
Took that up to him. Then I made some raspberry sauce. I had raspberries I need to use before they went bad.

Dinner will be spaghetti and meatballs.

Have a lovely evening.
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”