Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 14th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 14th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:50 am

Good morning,

No rain today! Hip Hip Hooray! But I'll be you California folks are really cheering! You need a few days to dry out.

Yesterday was a good day. I made a lot of progress on Crazy and am now almost 3/4 done. In the afternoon I took my elderly friends to lunch, and lunch turned out to be very tasty! We all had tostadas with chicken. And we got caught up. I've known Norie for 55 years and Esther for 34 years. And about 23 years ago we discovered that Norie and Esther (and their late DH's) have known each other for about 68 years but had lost contact, so we reconnected them, too! The world is small. :D

JANA - I'm glad Ethan is taking the loss of his other grandfather so well. How far away do they live? I'm sure he's much happier being with you and Matt's family than at Other Gramma's right now. And speaking of Other Gramma, how is Kari's mom doing? Do they have new plans to visit any time soon?

BECCA - I see now - I missed the part about the lap quilts. Is this a project you can work on now or will you have to wait until you move into your new home? Prayers following Gabriel to the doc on Thursday. and happy birthday to the twins!

CAROL - your lecture series is certainly diverse! And interesting. Is Bob Eubanks the same guy that used to host the Newlywed game on TV? If so, I had no idea he traveled with the Beatles.

IRISH- funny how kids can be so different - even kids from same family! But I'm happy for your sis! So tell us more about the baby quilt you are making. Who is it for? Pattern? Colors? Do you have snow? I see Hays EAgles have a snowy nest this morning.

We're having pork chops and potatoes and onions cooked in the crockpot tonite. I also still have some brussels sprouts left so I might toss them in, too, the last half hour. How bad can it be??

Got your supper plan mapped out yet?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 14th

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:22 am

Happy Pi Day,

Maryz - Yes, Bob Eubanks of the Newlywed Game. He was also a DJ on KRLA. He was the Promotor for the Beatles and booked the Hollywood Bowl and Dodger Stadium. He had great stories to tell. The band with him played Beatles songs. We had a wonderful time.

This morning I have a teeth cleaning appointment. No big deal. It is will rain later today. (I fully trust it will rain.) Meteorologist says this is the eleventh atmospheric river. I think California usually gets five or six.

Jana - So sorry about death of Joseph's Father. Prayers for all.

I do need to go to meat market today so we will have chicken, mashed potatoes, salad and broccoli.

Carol

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:59 am

Mary, yes the pineapple express is coming through again. It wasn't supposed to start until late afternoon, but it looks like it will be this morning now.

Carol, that speaker series sounds interesting. I love to get my teeth cleaned.

I took Jack and Wrigley out for a walk already. It looks like the rain will start early and I wanted to get in our walk before the wet stuff. Jack is okay in a light rain, but Wrigley is a sponge and soaks up all the water and mud. I did part three of the sew along in Buttermilk Basin FB. It's going to be a really cute table topper or wall hanging. I'll put the border on my spool quilt and see what I have for a back.

I'll be going to guild tonight, so I'll meet up with guild members and tonight's speaker for dinner.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:30 am

Hello everyone sunny here but cold Mts had snow
We went to Library Dollar Tree & got my tires filled with air They were all low

Maryz Glad you had a nice lunch with old friends
Carol I know you are busy with DDS I too like cleaning
Lori my doggie never liked walking in the rain
Jana Prayers for your DSILs family
Denise went for a message
First thing I had to deal with this AM was Power Co They haunt me Thank goodness it’s my final bill
We had squash casserole sautéed cabbage and onion pickled beets last night Tonight surprise. Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:20 pm

Good afternoon!

Today is Pi (3.141529.......) Day! I just put a apple pie in the oven , as per my nerd, umm, engineer's request. As for dinner, that is still up in the air. No ideas yet.

I've been sewing and working on my stars. Not much else here.

My little girls will be here early tomorrow morning, Aaron is driving to Wendover for a work conference. He'll be back on Friday . My Wednesdays will be changing as the fire academy is changing up Kate's schedule.

Mary - oh boy, well girl, it won't be much longer. Kumquat is pulling a Matthew. He too was breech, up until a few minutes just before he was born. He flipped over on his own.

Oh, I'm being summoned for tax questions, got to run

Hugs,
Jana

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Tue Mar 14, 2023 3:51 pm

Need a good laugh?

Here goes - our family uses a family group text channel and Sarah just sent out the message with the funeral information to our family. Well, Sarah refers to her FIL, who is the one that died, as Dad. As well her own real Dad, that lives here with me. Well, our Kate is in fire academy and basically not in any communication with us, but she has a apple watch that gets text messages. Yesterday, she came home from the whole day at the academy, and went straight to bed and Aaron didn't tell her about Sarah's FIL. She was totally unaware of the death, until the group message came through with the funeral plans for "dad"! She immediately
thought it was Dad here,, Michael! She was on training, actually fighting a live fire and saw the message. She kept her calm and stayed doing what she was supposed to. It was here at the house that Aaron and Michael simultaneously realized the wrong Dad reference and immediately texted Kate and fixed the mistake. We are all having a good laugh and teasing Sarah. She needed the comic relief too! They always say watch what you type in a email! Sandee chimed in too, on Sarah's boo-boo. Oh the things that happen at my house - never a dull moment!

Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”