Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 13

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 13

Post by purrfect-lady » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:12 am

Good rainy morning,

Lots of rain this morning. Lots. If it doesn't let up, Scottie and I will skip walking. We be water weenies.

Yesterday I got quite a bit done on Crazy, but we also changed clocks. Bill has to bring in the tall ladder to change the big clock over the fireplace and as long as the ladder was inside, he ended up cleaning all the high stuff in our living room which has 15' ceilings - windows, woodwork, fan, lights. Sucked up more stink bugs, too. So, not to be outdone, I washed all the lower windows in the living/dining, a bunch of knick knacks, and polished furniture. We didn't mean to clean, it just happened.

Today I'll be working some more on Crazy and also taking two friends to Mexican lunch in Tacoma. I'm the driver. I'll be gone from about 11am to 3pm. So, I'm thinking a light supper tonite will be in order. I'll think about it . . .

VELDA - your bag is lovely! I like the fabrics you chose. You do beautiful work. Your SIL will be pleased!

IRISH - I'm happy your sister sold her house. I bet that's a huge worry off her shoulders. But sorry her family is so bitter about it. How many children does she have? Are they all upset with her? If they wanted to keep it in the family, they should have bought it themselves. Funny about being caught in your robe. lol! Tell Kevin we thank him for his recipe! I didn't know you kept in touch with Lady Carol! She was so funny. I always enjoyed her posts. How is Sir doing? Do they still camp? I think of her often.

BECCA - so, am I missing something? Someone donated scraps to you so you can - donate them somwhere else? Are you a scrap broker? :D I must have missed something. And OK, I will post a pic of my half-finished quilt, though it's edging up towards 3/4 finished now.

CAROL - most of the quilt shows I've been to don't allow taking pictures, though maybe it's different now that most photos are taken with cell phones rather than flash cameras. I saw a large quilt at Houston one year called "Olympic Steps". I fell in love with it. It depicted steps in a hiking trail in the Olympic Rain Forest only a few hours from my house! A few years later we were camping with my brother and sister and we went on a hike and there were those steps in the trail!! Just like in the quilt! I took lots of pictures and from them, made my own quilt - just a wall hanging to cover our electrical panel downstairs.

I have pork chops thawed so I think that's what I'll make for supper tonite. I was going to make them the other night but forgot to thaw them. So that's when we had the haluska. I'll put them, with potatoes and some onion, into the crockpot. I might not be too hungry after going out to lunch but that's OK - leftovers for tomorrow!

What are you having tonite?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Monday, March 13

Post by Becca » Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:59 am

Hello Maryz & all others cooler today and cloudy 41
Today Aniston & Gabriel have their 6th birthday They are our first set of twins
He comes here to surgeon on Thursday for consultation on his surgery
Maryz I am going to make lap quilts to donate from the scraps She has some big pieces in there Enough for backings
Wow your quilt is beautiful Anf it must be a King size It looks big I love the colors

Irish It’s too bad when siblings can’t agree I’m so thankful mine are all in agreement on everything Thry won’t do anything to offend another It’s all just stuff
Hope the Dr can help your sister The acupuncture helped me

Hope everyone has a great day doing what you love
We had French toast ( cinnamon swirl bread ) and bacon last night Thry top with bananas and toasted pecans & maple syrup
Was good
Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:59 pm

Good Afternoon,

Yesterday's cooking just got done. Dinner tonight will be Pasta and Meat Sauce that I just made.

Tonight we are going to a Speaker Series and hearing Bob Eubanks. He traveled with the Beatles for five years and there will be a band to accompany the talk tonight. It should be very entertaining.
This afternoon I am putting blocks together although I think I sew two seams and rip out one. It is slowly getting done.

Maryz - Good for you! You got your living room Spring Cleaning done or at least the top half. Nice way to change the time on your clock. Enjoy your lunch today. Your Crazy Quilt is beautiful.

Irish - Sorry I did not make the Stuffed Pepper Casserole. I would need to go to store to buy the Bell Peppers and just couldn't do it. I may go to Farmer's Market tomorrow and see if they have Bell Peppers. They are much tastier.

Becca - If you had said you were having French Toast I would have been there. I love it! I do not make it very often but do enjoy.

Jana - Prayers for Joseph's Father.

Have a wonderful rest of day!
Carol

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:25 pm

Good late afternoon from a chilly, semi sunny, SW. Pa...But, to me, it's cold out, kicked the furnace up another notch and after hearing about cleaning, decided to move stuff in my sewing room...Probably a big mistake, finding stuff I didn't know I had and wondering why I had it....Was looking for the bin of fat quarters because I decided to make the baby's quilt a little bigger....Did find the bin but only found 2 things that I'm pitching.....
Mary, that quilt is amazing...When you do something, you really go all out....I can't imagine doing something like that.....You had asked about my sister's kids...Well, would you believe, she had 5, same as me and the same order, just 2 years difference...Our 1st, both boys, were born on Labor Day, 2 years apart, 2nd, boy were in June, another boy, then her daughter and then her son.....We both lost a son and her husband passed away 6 months to the day, after Jim.....Kind of freaky, right? But, her kids are so different than mine, even though they grew up together...She never left the farm, married and raised the kids in the house I grew up in where Jim and I moved right before our 2nd, Chris, was born and probably the best move we ever made....My Mom mainly took care of her kids and my sister went back to work...In the end, most of the farm was divided and each of those kids got a nice big lot to build on, my kids were to receive a small inheritance, which they never did....I'm very proud of my kids, they each grew up to not depend on others and if you wanted something, you worked for it....Where, the others expected and that's exactly what they're doing now and it's very, very sad......But, she is my sister and has really been at my side anytime I've needed her and I'd do anything for her...So, that's my story, I've had a great life and have decided, I have too many things to see and too many projects that need finished to give up....Besides, I'm nebby and don't want to miss anything, lol....

Becca, I'm still thinking about that cinnamon and wish I would have whipped up a loaf today...Might have to depend on toast (with cinnamon/sugar) for breakfast in the morning....Will be thinking and sending prayers for your little one....Do you have any idea how long it will be before you can move into your new place? So exciting!

Probably won't get much done tomorrow, we have card club, then Wednesday, my sister has another doctor's appointment, Thursday, she's making me go to bingo and hopefully, Friday, I'll lock the door and stay in my sewing room, maybe all weekend!

I'm thinking about putting a chicken pot pie in the oven. Kathy had gotten me a bunch from Sam's Club, Marie Calander, and they are so good and much easier than to make my own....

You all have a great rest of the day....

Happy eating.................

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:58 pm

Good afternoon!

We have Ethan home from school and told him about his other grandfather 's passing. He's a bit sad, but doing OK. Ethan has has a short week for school, only today and tomorrow, then he's off the rest of the week. No word yet on when the funeral will be.

So I have been sewing and playing games with Ethan. He's beaten me at checkers a couple times.

Dinner - most likely broccoli cheese soup in fresh bread bowls. We'll see what happens.

Hugs,
Jana

Return to “Chit Chat”