Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 12th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 12th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sun Mar 12, 2023 8:11 am

Good morning,

What is on everyone's schedule for today? Yesterday I did laundry, spent about 3 hours cleaning my linen closet (even relined shelves), and worked in my sewing room. I feather-stitched 20 blocks, trimmed more scraps and got my top almost half sewn together. Today, I'll do more work in the sewing room, but I'll find some other job around here to sneak in, too. Maybe.

CAROL - those quilts must have been amazing! I've been to Houston Quiltfest twice and I never know if I come away inspired or discouraged. Some of those quilts are beyond belief! And if you get here before me, by all means, please set the table! I don't own this thread. I'm only keeping it going for the person who used to do it (mastiffmom?) and when she left I missed it. And Lady Carol from England named it Supper Club. She's left, too, now, so perhaps you can be our Lady Carol. :D

LORI - I actually like DST. I even like changing times as it shakes life up a little. And yes, this crazy quilt takes a lot of thread. But we order it from Superior by the cone. I don't win lotto very often but when I do they make great quilts to donate to various causes. My favorite two causes are the police department and the nursing homes here.

VELDA - your painting is purrfect! Glad you have it done and can display it where all can see.

BECCA - I miss my little ones, too. And even my DD's little ones are all grown! I'm beyond thrilled to have little Kumquat coming along, but she will be 2600 miles away so I won't be able to see much of her as she grows up. And how is YOUR baby and mama doing? Only 2 more weeks for you now. How is Gabriel doing?

JANA - tell Michael thank you for worrying about us but we are fine. Our furnace is electric, as is all of our house. But we DO have CO2 detector in our trailer as the furnace in there is propane. And thank you to you, too, for that pattern! It arrived yesterday. I'll circle back to shirts later this spring.

Yesterday we had Irish's Haluska. It was delicious! Bill really liked it. I did add bacon bits to ours, but it could be a great vegetarian or Lenten meal. Tonite we're thinking of pork chops and potatoes in the crock pot. I LOVE smelling supper cooking all day long. And I love even more not having to cook at the end of a busy day!

What's cooking in your pot tonite?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Sunday, March 12th

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:34 am

Good Morning,

Maryz - I don't mind changing time either. It is an excuse to make sure all the clocks have the correct time.
I know I can set the table, but I really did not have the time yesterday. There was more than one beautiful quilt in the show yesterday. One had 12-inch blocks embroidered in scenes such as houses. The embroidery was exquisite. It showed so much detail and talent.

Dinner tonight will be Stuffed Pepper Casserole or Pasta and Meat Sauce. I have some Ground Turkey to cook and it could turn into either depending on how much green peppers are in the freezer.

Today I will sew as much as possible and try catching up a bit. Sewing will wait until after Mass and sometime this afternoon I need a walk and sometime in the kitchen.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:26 am

Hello to all Rainy day here Somr have snow
We went to Church this morning The lady brought her bag of scraps Wow Its a lot I should be able to get some donated out of it
Maryz You must show us a picture of your crazy quilt even in progress I think some others love them as much as I do I started one years ago but never finished it
Gabriel is doing okHis hearing is impaired so that affects him & his school work We are praying it’s benign

Carol I’m sure the show was a shoe stopper the way you describe it I love seeing someone else’s talent & work
We are having breakfast tonight Denise said A friend at Church brought her a loaf of cinnamon swirl bread We will have some of that Hugs Becca

Irishgram

Post by Irishgram » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:14 pm

Good late afternoon from a cloudy, chilly, SW. Pa...Hopefully, the sun will find it's way back in a day or so...Today is a very lazy day at this house...In fact, I had a call from my nephew's better half and told her, I might keep the door locked and stay in my robe all day.....Well, not 1/2 an hour later, knock at the door and it's my nephew and then shortly after that, in she walks...(and me in my robe)....My sister has finally sold her house and the family needs to move in quickly, so my sister told her kids, if there's anything left in the barn or garages, gotta get it cleaned out and she has a dumpster coming and that's it! Well, some of the family is still giving her grief and my nephew wanted me to know what was going on...My sister doesn't like to tell me alot about the disgruntled family, which I don't blame her...But, what a shame when kids feel they are entitled and get to the point of breaking up a family.....

Mary, so glad you liked the Haluska...I told Kevin you were going to use his "recipe" and he thought that was funny but decided, he needed to buy another head of cabbage...I could eat it every day but I use a lot of butter and of course, like it salted, and, Oh well, BP usually lets me know.....
Funny, you should mention Lady Carol...Almost every week, I get or send a little note to her...She's doing well, still quilting and says, she's very busy.....Sure wish she's stop in!
Remember when we 1st heard about your new baby and it seemed so far away? Well, the time is almost here....I think when all my grands and great grands were born, they were within 5 miles of me...But today with all the modern stuff, you'll be right there getting to know and see her as she grows....So exciting.....With all this yarn and some is baby skeins, I have no babies on the way...I'm almost finished with the quilt I've made for Maeve and started crocheting lap robes for the nursing home but I really think we need a new baby or 2........
Becca, Thank goodness you're just having rain...It's hard to believe the amount of snow, some parts of the country has gotten and now, rain on top of it...Kathy said, they haven't had this much snow in over 10 years....It's been a crazy weather wise winter and I'm not complaining.....Cinnamon swirl bread has to be a favorite of mine...Years ago, we had a small bakery that had cinnamon bread and it was to die for, always a treat when I brought it home....Now, I make my own and if the kids, especially Kevin, find out, they'll be at the door step.....
Carol, wish you lived closer, Stuffed Pepper casserole or pasta and sauce sounds good to me, especially if made by someone else....I can only imagine seeing the quilts...Just seeing the quilts that are posted here are awesome....Such inspiration! Enjoy your dinner.....

Well, think I'd better get out of my robe before it's time to go back to bed, lol....I have 2 more blocks to make for the baby quilt and then on to something else....
For my dinner or should I say, late lunch, besides the potato salad, that is almost gone, I mixed up some egg salad and that's going to be on the table, soon.....I have 1 piece of banana bread that my nephew didn't eat, so that's my afters.....

You all have a great rest of the day.....

Happy eating..............

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:10 pm

Good Sunday afternoon.
Decided to share my bag/purse picture here instead of "photos" since you all knew I was working on this. Guess I should share it in sew in too.

Having leftovers tonight, so was able to sew and sew all afternoon. 😉
HUGS, 💕 Vel

Becca

Post by Becca » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:24 pm

Velda Your bag is a beauty I would sure hug your neck if you made one for me Hope Shr appreciates your work Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:45 pm

Vel - Very pretty bag. I made one like it and use it for knitting. It is a really nice bag. I like your choice of colors.

Carol

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 1:53 pm

Thank you Becca and Carol.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:18 pm

It looks perfect! And very useful! Great job!

Return to “Chit Chat”