Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 11th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 11th

Post by purrfect-lady » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:36 am

Good morning,

39*, cloudy, and all is calm outside. It's supposed to be a wet morning, but so far, so good.

Yesterday got 54 crazy blocks feather-stitched with 200 more to go. I have enough to bring my quilt to the halfway mark. I've also got a lot of remaining scraps trimmed. So, all that will continue today. But I COULD clean my linen closet. It's in the hallway, right outside my swing room. Or I could do a couple loads of laundry. Hmmm..... decisions, decisions.

Yesterday we finally got rid of our landline. I've had that number for nearly 40 years and I kind of hated to see it go. But in the last few years no one but scammers ever called us on it and we got tired of paying for a line just for the scammers. So we're down to our cell phones now.

CAROL - sounds like spring cleaning at your house has commenced. I will get to mine - eventually. Not specifying which spring, mind you. Right now I"m focused. We've found the least crowded time at Costco is Sunday morning, or suppertime any day of the week. Of course, it seems we always wind up there at the most crowded times.

IRISH - glad you made it! So sorry about Joann's back. So many things can affect the back, even your feet! Knees, hips, wallets, etc. If I do just a few stretches, even in my chair, it helps a lot. I hope docs can figure out what will best help your sis. Surgery is always last resort. I haven't made the haluska yet because other things popped up. But thanks for the reminder - I'll do it tonite! Mine will have to have onions and probably some bacon bits, too. I only have purple cabbage. I hope that will work as well as green. Earlier this week I was looking through a community cookbook from North Pole, AK that my SIL gave me years ago and this recipe was in it though they just called it cabbage and onions. But I recognized it! Santa and his reindeer - too funny!

What are you liking for your supper tonite?

VELDA - Every year I keep saying I'm going to paint my cement seagull. And every year, I never get around to it. Maybe this year . . . . Maybe you can influence me. And like Jana said, don't forget that sealant! Or you will be painting again next year. I use patio blocks to support a lot of my yard art pieces.

JANA - you won't want Daniel to leave!! He is far too useful! Having been to your house, from what I recall your food storage area will be purrfect!

LORI - your spool quilt is going to be really nice! Love it! Yeah, our furnace is OLD. It's a GE and the company was bought out by Trane, which has since been bought out by Mitsubishi. (just learned that!). It would be $6,000+ to replace and $1,000 to repair. We're choosing repair and crossing our fingers. New stuff isn't built to last like old stuff.

So, my supper plan for tonite is to make Irish's haluska. Or, more aptly, I guess, her son's haluska. Sounds very Pennsylvania-ish. And my paternal forebears are from Pennsylvania and two of my kids and one of my sisters all married Pennsylvanians, so we should like it, right?

I hope you like whatever you decide to make tonite.

auntjana

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Saturday, March 11th

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 11, 2023 9:56 am

Good morning!

Mary - yes my Daniel is a jewel! But he'll be nearby and he's always helpful. Michael, my worry wort wanted me to make sure that you have CO detectors in your house with that old of a furnace. He says they can rust in spots and cause small leaks, which can be dangerous. Remember, he worked as a electrical engineer, doing safety for all these years. So he pays close attention to these types of things. I have a pair of metal pink flamingos that Daniel is sandblasting, so I can repaint them this year.

Dinner - I have leftover taco meat that may get turned into taco soup for dinner - just need to see who's where and what's happening.

Time to finish up a few uglies. The challenge is still going on, hopefully Karlie will get her room back up to snuff today. I have a fun reward, a big ol sticker book I found at Costco for her.

Hugs,
Jana

Becca

Post by Becca » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:06 pm

Hello everyone Been sunny & pretty all day but tomorrow is cold with rain expected
I had a good day Cleaned some Watched ball game Read some & FaceTime with family
Maryz You will have the crazy quilt done soon I’m anxious to see it
Jana Your house is a busy place I miss all my little ones but they are grown up with little ones of their own
We are having steak baked sweet potato
Hugs Becca

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Sat Mar 11, 2023 3:30 pm

Just added the dreaded post- over in Sew ins - it's that time again, daylight savings time starts at 2 am

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:14 pm

I am late AGAIN! We had chicken with broth and noodles. Kinda like soup, but lots of noodles.
Today I finished my paint project and yes, I will seal or top coat before to is put out doors.
I will post pictures.

BEFORE

AFTER
Now to get it top coated!

Then I started a tote bag/ purse for my sister-in-law.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Sat Mar 11, 2023 5:23 pm

Vel, that's really nice.

Jana, thanks for the reminder about the dreaded time change. I might just move to AZ so I don't have to change the time twice a year. lol

Mary, that must take a lot of thread doing all the stitching on the crazy blocks.

I put together the February lotto blocks that arrived last night. I had to pin and press seams open to get points to match. I don't know what I will do with it yet, so it will go in the closet until I figure that out. I posted a picture in the lotto.

Just realized it's time to get dinner. May send someone out to pickup something since I didn't plan.

Sleep well ladies.
Lori 8-)

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:47 pm

Good Evening,

I wanted to come in early this morning but Maryz didn't post early enough! lol I left early to go with friends to the Skirball Cultural Center to see a quilt exhibit. Most of the quilts are from Boston and the show closes tomorrow. If you get a chance to see any quilt exhibit do so! Some of these quilts are amazing. There was a whole cloth quilt from the 1700s done in red crimson silk. It was stunning. There was another from the 1933 Chicago Exposition that was utterly as modern today as it was then.

I was late joining our Guild Zoom Sew-in but joined and it was a lot of fun. Most were working on the Intra-Guild Block.

Dinner was leftover Autumn Soup and Garlic-Cheese Biscuits. Ready to go to bed early after a busy day.

Vel - Your project is beautiful!

Jana - Thanks for the reminder. Daniel really is a treasure. Tell Michael we have a CO2 detector.

Maryz - I am not Spring cleaning just doing some maintenance weekly cleaning. I will wait until weather warms up a bit before starting to Spring clean. If you saw Kate's post today she said she was doing the cleaning now so when it warms up she could work in the garden. I will just do the cleaning later.

Irish - My sister's doctor won't do surgery either but sent her for acupuncture. It seems to be helping. Hope your sister gets relief soon!

Goodnight!

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”