Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 9th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 9th

Post by purrfect-lady » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:36 am

Good morning,

So far it's shaping up to be a great day! The clock didn't malfunction, the coffee is just right, the fur kids haven't been bossing us around too much, and we've had fun ordering diapers to be sent to "Miss Kumquat A......". They will be delivered tomorrow. Just for fun. (OUR fun!) This is the second case of diapers we've sent - a case is enough for about 2 weeks. Soon, we're going to get out the big tote of all the Fisher Price toys my kids had in the 70's. I knew I was saving them for something, but my mind had turned towards GREAT-grandkids. lol! I'll sanitize them all and we'll either take them with us next fall or send them down for her baby shower - which will be after baby is born. I think it would be fun for her to revisit her old toys . . .

Yesterday was a crazy day. I made 37 blocks. Only 32 more to go and then they'll all be ready for their gold feather stitching (by machine, of course!!! I'm not THAT crazy!). Bill finished quilting my North Stars top yesterday so now I have more binding to do. Only 3 more tops in the QQ. I think next up will be the Christmas swap from last summer - vintage toy theme.

BECCA - Nice to be done with all that yard work. Though I know you will miss the visits you had from the deer and other wild critters. Sometimes I look around our house and know so much of it could go without a thought. But my books, needle art, quilts, and fabric are my treasures. Only a few of my knick knacks and Christmas decorations are precious. I do try to purge with some regularity. Especially after Autumn helped Antonio go through all his dad's stuff. She begged, "Mom, don't do this to me!".

LORI - I remember that that scarf was supposed to be for last Christmas, but another Christmas is coming! I'm glad the new cleaners are working out better for your dad than the previous ones. A spool quilt from 2010? What else is in that cupboard?? :D A spool quilt is on my to-do-someday list, but it's not very high. Though, with all the strips I'm finding in my scrap tote, it might move up the list. A good use for them.

JANA - I don't think I've mastered chicken and dumplings either. I should give it a try one day. How did the concert go? Did you car find you some supper? Thank you for the pattern! I guess I'll be back in the shirt business soon!

CAROL - I've been in the Mr. Lincoln room at D-land. Probably not the ante-room, though. Sounds like an interesting program you saw. As to the bug count, we have weird friends. But it figures - who else would have us! Us, who "release the bugs" for company's entertainment! lol! 🪲🪲🪲

I think tonite we're going to have orange chicken over white rice and roasted brussels sprouts.

What are you thinking about?

Quilter7

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Thursday, March 9th

Post by Quilter7 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:35 am

Good Morning,

Today I have three appointments. First will be for a blood draw, then appointment with Osteoporosis Doctor and last a hair appointment. The first two appointments are a half hour apart and less than a mile apart. After I finish those first two appointments, I will go to CostCo. I think I will make tea to take with me and a snack.

Maryz - I saw your request for cutting scraps. I have the "Scrappiness is Happiness" book too. On page 6 she has a diagram of how she cuts her scraps. Our Guild uses 6-1/2" squares to make charity quilts that are 6 squares x 7 squares. They are tied quilts and so are enveloped and turned then sewn around for the appearance of a binding. Very simple to make.

Dinner tonight will either be leftover soup or Stuffed Pepper Casserole.

Carol

Becca

Post by Becca » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:51 am

Hello everyone sunny here & beautiful I got two walks in today because DD took me to the Stowe Gardens here They have an orchid conservatory & it is out of this world So breath taking I love visiting there plus the gardens are in full bloom for Spring It was enjoyable the rest of the day has been filled with business again

Maryz I got to see the deer when we were there Here We saw 7 deer Christmas morning They said it is unusual but it happens Yes I will miss my porch but not the maintenance of place I enjoyed it so it’s time for someone younger to have it
Yes it was sad but I know it’s all part of life we must face
You just keep on with the scraps I love them Rebecca at Chuch is bringing me some later for when I move
Yes I will have screened in porch with courtyard view Now as big as my other one but big enough

Carol I think it’s wonderful to make donate quilts I gave them most of my fabric to use

I have no clue on Dinner They loved the cobbler. Becca
Last edited by Becca on Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:14 pm

Good afternoon. We just had a most delicious meal. Our grandson cooked B B Q ( sloppy joes) for us. Served at 2:00 pm. So late lunch here. Then we will be heading home around 4pm. We have a prescription to pick up for me. Our family doctor found a bacterial infection from my urine test/ culture. Pharmacy open until 8:00, so we need to get me started on the antibiotic.
Tomorrow I will be starting my painting project.
Don't know anything more to report. Have a great day.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:41 pm

Good almost dinner time!

Tonight is chicken and dumplings. A Daniel request.

Well, I did a dumb thing - lost my debit card. Aaron used it at Costco to get pizza for Lila on Monday. He put my card in the front cubby space in my Highlander. Not there now - so called and a new one is being issued. Guess who is in trouble with mom!

Mary - the pattern is separated into two pieces. The tan envelope is from my files and the picture cover is from where I have all my patterns in a binder, so I can look at them like the pattern books. All the patterns I own are that way, in numerical order in the file, just like at the store. Easy to see what is there. Just so you see how weird I really am! :)

So, as y'all can see, I'm odd, have you ever thought about how many linear feet of baseboards there are in your house that you clean? In a 10x10 room, there's a minimum of 40 feet. No wonder it takes me forever to spring clean! LOL! See what Katy started! Adding all those up, is like adding all the inches of binding on a quilt!

Time to scoot and start dinner,

Hugs,
Jana

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:11 pm

Mary, apparently it's not high on my list either. It was a kit on sale. I'm not crazy about the fabric, but I'm going to finish it this time. There are lots of different projects in the closet just waiting their turn. lol

Jana, I've never made dumplings. I don't think I've ever had them either.

Becca, I bet the gardens were fabulous. I am ready to see some color. A lot of the succulents in the neighborhood are blooming. The flowers are so unique.

Carol, we do similar quilts, but we quilt them.

I worked on the spools today. I almost have all the spools done.

Dinner will be fried egg and toast.

sleep well
Lori 8-)

Return to “Chit Chat”