Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 8th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 8th

Post by purrfect-lady » Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:36 am

Good morning,

Already a week of March is gone. The days/weeks/months/years are going so fast! I try to savor every day but they would be more savorable if they were 70* rather than 34*!

This morning we woke up at same time, thought we'd slept later than usual, and got up and got started on our day. It was a half hour before we noticed that we were actually 2 hours ahead of ourselves! For some reason our bedroom clock moved itself 2 hrs ahead. We got up at 3:38 AM! lol! Not sure how this happened.

Yesterday we cleaned house, and got ready for spaghetti supper with friends. It was a fun evening and because of the extra warmth from the fire, the stink bugs came out to play and we had another round-up, to the amusement of our friends. We got 12. They counted. Last week when other friends were here, we only got 10. All our friends know each other and Gus & Claudia felt like they'd won the contest over Tex & Annette! lol! (we have weird friends!)

Today, I'll be back in my sewing room after my chiropractor appt. Still working on crazies. Only about 65 more to make.

LORI - Only about 273 knitting days until Christmas! You can do it! Did you get your stars together? How was cleaning at your Dad's? Do they come on a regular basis or was this a special occurance? I have a linen closet you could come and clean . . . . I have a thing for tablecloths. I have about 2 dozen but rarely use them. But my sister shares my love of tablecloths - and she doesn't even have a table! So maybe I'm not so bad.

VELDA - good luck setting up your HOA board. I hope the messy couple cleans up their act, but maybe they physically can't? What is your group's quilt count so far for this year?

BECCA - I know there are different kinds of dumplings. I've only made the biscuit kind that you drop onto bubbling stews and fruits. Yours sound interesting. I would have a terrible time if I moved now. I have as many books as I have fabrics. And I love dishes and have 5 sets. (And I gave 2 sets away!) And don't get Bill started on my cat collection! And I want to keep it all! It's all mine!

CAROL - you had a relaxing day! What an interesting documentary you saw. Did you view it at D-land or was it on TV? When Autumn lived in LA, she worked as an archivist for Disney. Her job was to view old cartoons and movies. She told me she had seen videos that were never released and no one has looked at since the 1940's.

After our big spaghetti supper last night we have just enough leftovers of everything - spaghetti, salad, and focaccia - for tonite. Plus enough sauce to freeze for another day.

What's everyone else having?

Becca

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Wed, March 8th

Post by Becca » Wed Mar 08, 2023 7:44 am

Hello everyone Sunny here Suppose to be in60s Got walk in early with Denise
Maryz you don’t have a choice when you go to an apt from a house I have everything away so it’s gone
Only kept my most beloved treasures & enough to make it seem like Home
Sorry about your clock but I can see how it could malfunction
You are very organized with your tiny cutting of scraps but I do agree Fabric is so expensive now like all things
As of today I’m no longer a Home owner Relieved to know there’s no
More wedding or leaves & maintenance
We will enjoy our Chicken n Dumplings again
Maryz My dumplings are rolled out & dry for about 3 hrs then drop in boiling broth
Old recipe & most people won’t do it anymore. Becca

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:18 am

Mary, the knitting was supposed to be for last Christmas. lol The cleaning is every other week. They've come 3 times now and do a much better job than the cleaners he had before. I did not work on the star quilt yesterday. That's really early to be getting up. Just wait until next week when the time changes. It won't be as early.

Becca, I'm starting to purge my house of things as well. I don't want my kids to have to go through everything. And I really don't need much other than my quilting stuff. Which is a lot.

I worked on a Spool quilt last evening. I pulled it out from the cupboard the other day. I have about half the blocks done. I started it in 2010. So I either need to finish it, or get rid of it. I'll do a little more today. I already did dad's grocery shopping and Jack took me for a walk. I do need to vacuum before sewing though.

Dinner will be teriyaki chicken, rice and a veggie.

Have a lovely day.

Lori 8-)

auntjana

Post by auntjana » Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:37 am

Good afternoon!

Busy Wednesday! Don't know if I'm coming going or just plain lost

Y'all mentioned dumplings yesterday and last night at dinner Daniel put in a request for chicken and dumplings! Not the southern style, but the fluffy bisquick kind. So that will be tomorrow's dinner. Tonight is Ethan's concert and everyone will be there. So hopefully the car knows the way to find food!. Daniel did most of the cooking at his house, but told me he never mastered chicken and dumplings and he wanted some. I'm good with that.

Sarah is doing another dinner for the school today - the kids in the orchestra, Cafe Rio salads. Aaron cooked the roasts for her and when Michael takes Ethan down there today, he'll take the meat. Her helpers have all the fixings and will help serve. Last week, she did the same for another orchestra of about 60, today is about 100. We've got this down pat! LOL! Trick -if you need to shred a roast, like a pork shoulder, use a Kitchen Aid mixer and paddle attachment. Break the roast into chunks, a couple at a time, turn on mixer for just a few seconds and the paddle does the work! Remove the shredded meat and repeat as needed.

Well, my laundry just sang, time to hang shirts to dry and wash the last load of shirts, then I'm done until next week! Oh, the competition is tied, 1 apiece. If Karlie forgets to make her bed, the first thing she does is run in from school and makes it. She informed the other kids not to make a mess in her room either!

Hugs,
Jana

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Wed Mar 08, 2023 4:34 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - The TV program I watched was at Disneyland. It was in the "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" theater in the ante room. Your rising time is too early, and I am an early riser. Funny about the stink bugs and your friends. If it were me I would not consider myself a "winner"! LOL

Becca - Guess I should look up dumplings. Yours sound intriguing. We have had low 60s but being outside is always nice. The wind blows and it feels much cooler here.

Jana - I got my laundry started today too. Sarah is quite ambitious although it sounds like she has plenty of help to feed 100.

I went grocery shopping, made soup, ran a couple loads of laundry. Ironed fabric then cut strips and made a couple of blocks this afternoon. Soup is for dinner. It is Autumn Soup. We have Cheese Garlic Biscuits to go with the soup. All is good here.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”