Welcome to the new Quilt in a Day community pages. Please use your old username and password to log in. If you forgot your password, you can reset it from the log in page. If you have questions about how the new board works, try the FAQ link above.

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 7th

General discussion of the quilting world, and topics that don't fit in other categories.
purrfect-lady

SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 7th

Post by purrfect-lady » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:37 am

Good morning,

It's 37* here and was raining when I got up at 0400 (or perhaps heavvy dripping from the trees), but it's not raining now and we may even see a few sun peaks this afternoon. 8-)

Yesterday was a nice day. A little sewing, lunch out, and time with friends. Today will be a little sewing, some cleaning, and supper here with friends. I'm serving spaghetti at Bill's request so I"ll be getting the sauce made later this morning and into the crockpot to simmer.

My crazy quilt is coming along. Only 96 more blocks to make. I've been averaging about 20 per day. I've used up a LOT of scraps, and yet the scrap bin seems fuller than when I started!! What is up with that? I've made lots of 2-1/2" strips out of longer pieces for future scrappy bindings, and put narrower strips aside to cut into scrappy piano key borders, not to mention the 130 blocks I've made in the past 10 days. And I STILL have a fuller tote of scraps than when I started! :?

BECCA - there is a lot of nitty gritty business stuff to do when buying/selling homes. I hope it's all smoothed out soon. Chicken and dumplings sounds tasty. I bet Mark was happy. What kind of cobbler?

TINA - the pattern I used was about 40 years old, so it wasn't "new sizing" or anything like that. And, in my memory, they do run large. After removing the darts this shirt will fit Alec, but I'll need a size larger for Drew and Matt. I decided to remove Antonio from the list because we gave him a flannel shirt last year. We'll give him a bottle of nice brandy instead. I hope you got outside by the pond and enjoyed sunshine and your water critters. Bummer about your shade shelter. I hope it's an easy fix. Did you ever finish your house painting?

VELDA - I hope your new neighbor's furniture is just late. I know when Autumn, and later Lara, moved across country it took 6 to 8 weeks for their stuff to arrive. Major moving companies don't start until they have enough to fill the trailers and then make deliveries as they go cross-country. So, fingers crossed that is what is going on here. It seems a big and complicated undertaking to take charge of your HOA. I hope you get good participation. Are you or your DH interested in serving on the board? In their old house our SIL was president of their HOA, but only for one year. They had hundreds of homes in their development.

LORI - I'll have to check out your photo! I bet it's bee-yoo-ti-full!!

So tonite will be spaghetti. I'll make a simple spring mix salad early in the afternoon and lay a damp paper towel across the greens. This crisps them up nicely by dinner time. I also have foccacia to heat up and mango sorbet for dessert. Our guests will be bringing wine so we're all set!

What's in your oven for tonite?

zfatcat

Re: SUPPER CLUB - Tuesday, March 7th

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:31 am

Mary, you are zipping along on that crazy quilt.

I switched out the picture of the Bee quilt. It was so dark. I took a picture with the morning light and it's much better.

I did some knitting during the board meeting last night. I might actually finish the scarf sometime this year.
It was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but didn't make it. I think I'll put the Ohio stars together today.
I have 24. It should go together pretty fast. I need to be up at my dads for the cleaning crew coming at 1.
I'll work on stuff up there while they clean. I've been slowly going though stuff. The closets are packed with stuff. I had no idea.

I'm off for my walk with Jack.

Dinner will be, I don't know yet.

Have a lovely day.
Lori 8-)

QuiltGram8

Post by QuiltGram8 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:07 am

Hi everyone. A little bit earlier today. LOL.
Spaghetti 🍝 left over tonight.
Our condo units are 12 in total so it's not a big deal. Four people/officers will make up the board. That leave 8 other owners. We do have one unit that is a little messy on their porch and common area. We are hoping we can tactfully encourage them to make their area neater or less messy. 🤞🤞 Hopefully!
DH has a doctor appointment today, eye doctor check up tomorrow. His side affects seem less or better since stopping the heart medicine. Doesn't see cardiologist until early April, might change things then.
Quilting this morning. Cut are work day a little short today. We sandwiched about nine or ten. Ran out of cut batting so next week, we will plan on cutting batting.
That's all I know today.
HUGS, 💕 Vel

zfatcat

Post by zfatcat » Tue Mar 07, 2023 10:20 am

Mary, the Buzz pattern doesn't list an author. It's a Sew box sample pattern from April 2022.
It was only available in the box. I did use the Lori Holt Bee Plaids fabric.
Lori 8-)

Becca

Post by Becca » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:36 pm

Hello to all Been a beautiful day I got walk in after I got my cobbler baked & dumplings drying They were good & Denise & Mark loved the blueberry cobbler & dumplings too
Tomorrow will be leftovers
Maryz I had only made blueberry pie once but it turned out good
Tina I have no special recipe I just put my fruit with sugar a tad of flour & Mix then put in pie crust
Lori I’m sure it overwhelms your u to look in closet It sure was a job at home
Velda That’s so great you do so much for the mission at Church I give most of my fabric to them when I left I loved helping them
The new owners take possession in the morning at 8
Hope everyone has a nice evening Becca

Quilter7

Post by Quilter7 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:07 pm

Good Afternoon,

Maryz - I love spaghetti. You really are moving along quickly on the crazy quilt. Good for you!

Tina - Hope you did get outside by the pond. Being out in the sunshine does lift one's spirits.

Becca - Prayers are with you. As someone said this must be very bittersweet for you. A new chapter is opening for you.

Lori - You really get your quilts finished quickly too! I get bogged down and asked to do other things and don't finish something.

I went to Disneyland today for a few hours then went to a fabric store. I needed fabric for the block I am making. I had so much fun today. Disneyland is celebrating the 100th anniversary of Walt Disney starting the company with the production of the cartoon. Today I watched the July 1955 television program that showed the building of Disneyland. It was fascinating. I sat and watched the entire thing. It only had subtitles and it was in black and white. I feel very relaxed this late afternoon.

Dinner will be Fast Hash and Green Beans.

Carol

Return to “Chit Chat”